It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor May Halt Koran-Burning 'If Obama Asks'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A US clergyman at the centre of a global row over plans to burn copies of the Koran on September 11 says he might call the protest off if asked by Barack Obama.

link

edit on 9-9-2010 by union_jack because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/9/10 by masqua because: Edited link - stretching page

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Link.

Does this mean his prayers weren't answered?
Or were they? and then, Is he then stating that Obama is above god?

If he needs outside guidance to determine if he should do this or not, he is both weak of mind and a terrible spiritual leader.

edit on 9/9/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looks more and more like a set up all the time. The administration could have nipped this in the bud along time ago. But, now the MSM has riled up all of the 12th century living hoardes, mission accomplished without striking a match.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How cool would it be if he never really intended to ignite the Quran.
He creates the commotion and stirs up the MSM and the world, one event leads to another and come 9-11 he finally lights the match in one hand and holds the Quran in another, looks into the camera and says,
"Just kidding ".

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It isn't the Presidents job to do or say anything about this.
It's clearly within this nitwit pastors rights to burn the Koran, why involve Obama?
The only reason I can see is to put Obama on the spot and further embarass the country.
Guess God didn't have an opinion!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think town officials would've let them burn the book anyway. I read they were to have a fire truck and officers standing by to stop any "unlicensed" activity. If that means stop them by force then it's another nail in the coffin of free speech.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
He is clearly trying to set Obama up. I hope Barack is not this stupid.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

I had read in another thread though that they have all kinds of laws about burning things in this place. I am not sure which thread and I cannot prove it but maybe someone can look this up. I am not saying that it does not sound like fire trucks in place to quell free speech, which I am against - (Firement fighting speech) but if they do have all these strict fire codes in that area then it would seem odd for the fire dept. to let this go just because it is a free speech issue. I do not really know, I will have to look into it. Anyone here from the area?

I really think Obama should stay out of it. He tried to be coy about the mosque issue and that did not help him, the mosque, or the people against it. He has not helped himself by saying the Cambridge police acted stupidly, and as much as I agree with him on this - calling Kanya West an ass did not really do him any favors. I really think he needs to stay the heck out of it.

edit on 9-9-2010 by cindyremains because: forgot to address the topic

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Go ahead stop it pastor... Some one else will take your place... +++ its been done many times before.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lastly I think Obama should attend the event and throw book's of all religions "Sacred Text" in the fire... showing we're not against one religion, but all.... As religion has no place in US government politics.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That guy is such a tool...Obama shouldn't give him any attention. Why would a president talk to an insane person?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the renegade Preacher/Pastor (of a tiny flock at that)

is giving President (Barry) Øbama a lot of credibility and authorative 'voice' he doesn't deserve
Øbama is only serving as president...not some moral authority

to preacher Terry Jones of Gainsville Florida

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The president has no business getting involved. He shouldn't have even commented on it.
If the pastor really said that he'd stop if Obama called .. then he's just a media whore and
isn't doing tis because of his religious beliefs.

He's a whack who managed to get the attention of the POTUS.
He's probably got the White House considering a phone call.
That's pretty spooky.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow.
Looks like the leader of a small flock of 30 has the “most powerful man in the world” [ahem] wrapped around his little finger.

I hope others aren’t watching.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Is he then stating that Obama is above god?

that was exactly what I was thinking.
God doesn't need a President to tell
him what's right or wrong !!!
And shame on him for giving
Obama that much credit.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This whole mess is a good example of why religion and politics should stay separate!

Politics SHOULD be based on logic and rationality...which automatically means religion should play NO ROLE in politics since it's not based on logic or rationality. There's a reason the US wasn't meant to be a theocracy, even if some people would like it to be one.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

"I am going to stop beating my wife and kids if the President asks me to."

Why in the world should the president of the United States lower himself to making a request towards some nobody? This guy has en ego, and that's about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh and let's not forget the US Soldiers
who flushed the Quran down the toilet
at Gitmo as part of their torure
techniques. How soon we forget.

I have an epiphany for Obama
the Muslims are already pi$$ed
at us for invading their countries
and killing thousands of civilians.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Another "don't get involved Mr Prez" moment.

First he calls Kanye "a jackass", and now this.

By opening his mouth, Obama has now basically "married" this issue.
Now the Muslims will hold his feet to the fire.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Laws on outdoor burning in Gainesville, Florida, HERE

Taken from www.cityofgainesville.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join