It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for the upgraded Search functon.

I digress to the above.

As stated in my attempted thread, this practice of taking human trophies has gone on for thousands of years. The earliest I've found is 3000 BCE. This is no excuse, but definately a phenomenon that is mostly associated with Western cultures. Young men, violence, dominance and highly amped surroundings is a recipe for atrocities.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-9-2010 by The Undertaker because: added link

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are right, too often we JUDGE others before they have even been tried for the accusation. Sad but true and has been for a long long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are right, too often we JUDGE others before they have even been tried for the accusation. Sad but true and has been for a long long time.

You are right, too often you imprison and kill people, including their families before they have even been tried for the accusations.

Last I heard, almost a thousand innocent Pakistanis have been killed, excluding those who haven't even been tried for the accusations.

The US is passing a little too many death penalties here and there..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You know that's actually a valid point. We will just have to see though.

Interesting bit.

his client was interviewed while under the influence of prescription drugs taken for battlefield injuries and that he was also suffering from traumatic brain injury.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The killings were exposed when a soldier was viciously beaten by other members of the unit for telling superiors that his fellow troops were smoking hashish. The Army began to investigate the assault, and reportedly uncovered that the soldier was beaten for "snitching" about the civilian killings.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... xzz0z5oBhJwH

Interesting, so the Army Investigators didn't even know about the civilian killings, which was the main reason why the assault was taken place, and the assault was already reported to someone, but the above source doesn't say to who.

More details needed, this just goes to show how easy it is to kill innocent Afghans and get away with it.

"Should I do the right thing and put myself in danger for it. Or just shut up and deal with it," he wrote. "There are no more good men left here. It eats away at my conscience everyday."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... xzz0z5of75L2

This was seperate occasions where civilians were murdered, that being said, how was the murders covered up? That is the important question which they will hopefully post on MSM soon, which I doubt they will because that will make it easier to expose other murders, and probably thousands of other cases will pop up.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As a veteran, I am sickened by this, not all of us are animals.....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are right. You are not all like that. But there are some, like in any segment of society.

People are rightfully shocked over this, and more rightfully outraged. But, in the end, this is just another day in a warzone. The real cause of this is war, not bad soldiers.

edit on 9-9-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: kicks and grins

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join