It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happenning to the rules?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am a person that likes rules. I like following them and obying them. Without rules there would be anarcy and 2012, lol.

I want to know why when this: BEFORE YOU REPLY, make every post matter.
No 1-Liners: Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies. (Adding "second line" to short comments doesn't count.)

No Big-Quotes: Please edit-down posts you quote to just the important parts as it greatly improves the readability of your response.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion.

is not followed? Every second thread i go into, some of these rules, if not all is broken. Where is the control, who enforces these rules?

I am just asking because I hate ready replies like "yes", "totally" etc.

VVV

edit on 9-9-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I totally agree!

All kidding aside, if you think a mod needs to look at a post, hit the alert button under each persons post..

edit on 9/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

LMAO, wise guy. Should have seen that coming

Sorry i just did it as well.

But this is a serious question.

edit on 9-9-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yeah I left the one line hang for a bit lol.

So uh yeah as I said there's the alert button, but also don't forget that this a HUGE site and mods can't be everywhere and can't watch over everything.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As chad said, huge site with not that many mods in comparison...who also have lives outside of ATS so can't all be online 24/7...like me!
I wouldn't go hitting the alert button on every single one liner though.....

edit on 9-9-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't aware of the ALERT button. I just find it strange how all forums on the net got all these rules and regulations, but are very rarely enforced.

VVV

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It can make the discussion of the thread a little annoying to read when people are breaking some of these rules and regulations, but like a previous poster said, this is a very big site.

The only thing I can't stand is text type. But I haven't seen it too often on this website.

Occasionally there is the one liners with the "second line" and I am guilty of that a few times, and perhaps even with just agreeing. Oh well, sometimes I just like people to know I completely agree with what they are getting at, but I see where you are coming from as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Staff does enforce the rules; however, we can not possibly read every single post on here. That is why there is an alert feature posted under each post for members to use.

Furthermore, there is a complaint feature: ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Since the BBQ forum is not for complaints, this thread is now closed.

Please use the complaint form for further issues.

edit on September 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join