It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did my son see that night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS, This is my opening thread, the reason why I joined ATS in the first place was so i could post this and ask your expert opinions.
First of all i would like to say i have never posted these any where else. And you may not belive my story but it is totally true, i was thinking i should change things to make it sound better or something then decide not to and put the truth of what happened, if you want to criticise or whatever save it for another thread, all i would like is people opinions as to what my son saw that night. And any of you that know anything about digital pictures and zooming in to clear or lighjten it up. Thanks in advance.
So i went to visit my dad a few years ago, as i was showing him our camera pictures on the TV, i saw these 4 pictures, thought it was a screw up of some sort. When I got home I mentioned it to my husband and children, and my then 12 year old son, said oh ya I took those pictures one night. I never told you cause it was like 2 in the morning and i didn’t want to get in trouble for being up so late. So I asked him what he saw. He said I saw these bright lights and all I could think of is to grab the camera. He did not mention it to us cause he didn’t want to get in trouble. He said the sky was all lit up. the pictures were taken looking to the north.
So i ask you ATS’ers, any idea of what he saw?
Oh ya and by the way i told him is he ever sees anything like this again to WAKE ME UP! LOL

The only way i could figure out how to put these pictures up here was to put them in my account under my pictures. if anyone would like to post them in the screen please be my guest as i do not know how to do this.. Thanks in advance

edit on 8-9-2010 by lightmere because: Mods please put this in the right thread,i am very new to this and didnt realize it was in conspriarcys!! Sorry!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightmere
So i ask you ATS’ers, any idea of what he saw?

The pictures are very large, Lightmere. Instead of posting them in the thread, I'll provide a link instead...

Lightmere's Photos

Unfortunately, from the pictures it is near impossible to tell what the object could be. To be honest, it could be just about anything. Perhaps if you provided some more details we could narrow it down a bit.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
if you could, post the pic's then that would be better then; so you did now for the... just trying to tell what the pic's are?, lights in the sky could be stars, satellites, planes, or air craft of UKO that is, "unknown origin" or even a UFO. so take your pick, till then happy sky watching.BTW could be a asteroid or falling star.

edit on 8-9-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If you tell me exactly how to post the pictures in smaller scale i will try to do so. My son saw lights in the sky and took pictures i really dont have any more details thatn this but when i lightened them in my photo program i could see the stars,so it really got me curious as to what he actually saw, from my point of view it looks like some sort of green light or boomerarange, i am not sure as i mentioned earlier my son did not mention it to me till i questioned him about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Can you see the big green thing?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

looking at the pic's ,first thing that comes to mind is a B-2 or a asteroid, with pic's it is really hard to tell, for there is a lot that can wrong, than right.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just to add the images..

Looking at them, there are either dead pixels from the camera, or specs of light that match up with each image, which would indicate the green light is moving.

Other than that, it could be anything. Even photoshop.

With no additional background info (Where is was taken, outside, inside, sky, whatever) it's impossible to tell what it is.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

yes the big green thing could be a, this might sound off the wall, but hyper drive for the "AURORA" a spy craft, or a "UKO"

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

was your son looking too the big dipper?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The pictures were taken from inside the house facing north throught the window,late at night or earliy morning if you prefer. As for photoshop humm i would love to use that program i just found it very complicated, can you tell me of anyway to put them up so you can see all the details of the photo, so you can tell if they have been altered. which by the way they have not, but just for proof. if it is a B-2 what is it doing flying by our place in the middle of the night?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I am not even sure of the month he took the pictures as I said before I was visiting my dad and the pictures were on a chip, from his camera that i put in mine is how i found them. I belive it was in approx jan to june of that year. You know 12 years old cant remember anything to the exact date. I am no computer expert so I can not even tell when the photo was taken sorry.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The pictures were taken from inside the house facing north throught the window,late at night or earliy morning if you prefer. As for photoshop humm i would love to use that program i just found it very complicated, can you tell me of anyway to put them up so you can see all the details of the photo, so you can tell if they have been altered. which by the way they have not, but just for proof. if it is a B-2 what is it doing flying by our place in the middle of the night?

To put them up full size (1024x768) would be no different that where they are linked to currently - if that is the full resolution of them. I only posted a smaller set to people who didn't link to your image section can see for reference. People who want to see the full images can click on the like previously, if they want.

Are those, in your image section, the full sized images, or have you reduced them?? Given that there is no image information (EXIF) I'm assuming you've reduced them.

And to be honest, there is not a lot of detail within the images, but for what it's worth IMO, the light was not added. Based on the specs of light that can be superimposed onto each other, the green light is not stationary.

This does not exempt other ways of having it put there without it being anything other than explainable though.

(ps, Im also daunted by pohotoshop, hehe, but could certainly create a similar image with the green neon glow tool in paint shop pro 9)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I dont belive the pictures have been reduced, we usually always keep our cameras at the maxiumum pixles, in case we ever want to print them.( my son may have screwed with his settigs) These pictures were on our old computer, which i backed up to a external hard drive, then put on this new lap top. I belive them to be the originals. I may have lightened up the last one a bit by accident.
I guess i could of used that photo program,but why would I waste my time playing with you guys? I have kept these pictures for over 4 years. I was really just wanting a few other poeples expert opionions as to what he saw.
Or if anyone has seen anything like this before. Or even if some could zoom in and make the green thing more identifiable. Thanks

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First of all, welcome to ATS.

I don't have a clue to what these could be but kudos to your 12 year old to have the presence of mind to grab the camera and take pictures when he saw something he felt was different. A lot of adults would have only looked on in wonder.

I know little about photography but for some reason I get a sense of movement. Just my personal feelings and not based on anything.

Thanks for posting the pix!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Well my son is now 16 and i showed him this thread he is still proud of him self for taking the pictures. And he said yes it was moving very fast!
Thank you to everyone for adding to this thread. I was kind of hoping somone who knows how to clear up pictures could identify it more but oh well. Have a great day everyone!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me how I could put one of those pictures up for my avatar??
Or do I need more points before I can do this?
Thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Reflection on the window? Does he have a lava lamp or greenish light?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

No Foxtrot he has had nothing like that in his room.
I thought about it being a reflection too, but because he said he saw the lights in the sky so I ruled that out.

new topics

top topics

join