It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is Nanotech really gonna take off?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We've been hearing about it since the 1980s and very little of it has mainstreamized. I'm thinking maybe after 2015 when Moore's Law fails? what do you think?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ive looked around and it looks like Russia is preparing for it to lift off.

Russia to prepare youngster for life in nanotech society

The Russian state plans to open a set of hi-tech schools across the country, bringing nano-education to the masses.

First Russian Nanotech Company Opens Up

Rosnano head Anatoly Chubais and Russian deputy premier Sergey Ivanov have announced the creation of the country’s first company applying nanotechnology commercially.

The company, majority owned by Rosnano, will produce nano-coated carbide tools used in machine building industries particularly for aircraft engines.

Output for the company is expected to reach full capacity in 2014 when 150 thousand units of nano-coated cutting tools will be produced as well as 250 resharpening units. Sales are expected to reach 1.275 billion Roubles. The Yaroslavl government said that the general investment amounted to 1 billion Roubles.

I think nanotech is slowly picking up nowdays. It would be awesome if it was sped up, but my guess is that there are not that many people who know about it yet.

join