It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Chemtrails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
stumbled accross these youtube videos posted by Jokertattooo.

in Victoria BC, Canada.

they are interesting not crazy though, alot of speculation.

edit on 8-9-2010 by fallinstar because: embed vids

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
These are contrail shadows, to the best of my knowledge. I've seen them before as well, and that is the conclusion I came to after looking into the phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Clouds blocking or refacting light always look like that, contrails are no different. I watched your vids and saw nothing that would make me think of a "black chemtrail". This is another conspiracy that has run its course...sorta like HAARP.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Insane Cloud Posse is afraid of airplanes, clouds, rainbows and shadows. It must be awful to go through life with such a sense of dread, where you see a sinister intent behind everything you do not understand.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fallinstar

Good afternoon fallinstar,

These are called contrail shadows, and are a fairly common occurrence.

Contrails are clouds with relatively sharp boundaries and hence may cast a sharp shadow on lower-altitude clouds. This shadow is then visible from the underside of the cloud, if the optical thickess of the cloud (the opacity) is not too large. If the lower-altitude cloud is cirrostratus, which is translucent, a three-dimensional shadow will form. This shadow is a plane defined by the sun and the (line-shaped) contrail. As a result, such a shadow is usually only visible if the contrail is in front of the sun for the observer. It is remarkable to see that a contrail shadow usually appears in an odd direction with respect to the sun and realizing that it is being cast on a lower-level cloud: perspective can be really deceptive.

Contrail shadows

Contrail shadows with diagram

Hope this helps

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fallinstar

This sort of misunderstand/misidentification comes up frequently. YouTube, and the people who post these things, are rife with it.

All boils down to lack of science knowledge, in most cases.

This topic got me hunting the Web some more, and I found this very informative website:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

I actually learned a bit there, about mountain shadows. Was originally looking for the explanation of the entire Earth's shadow you can see often, near sunset. This is the result of the edge of the umbra, and the terminator line of the Earth's shadow, as it will sometimes briefly play on clouds or even thick haze in the atmosphere.

So, that site has lots of good info to dispel so many myths --- the sorts that often lead to the MAIN myth, "chemtrails".

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

reply to post by ZombieJesus

thx for the info, yes i think it is shadows also. now if he had footage of planes spraying a black substance that would be a different story!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I used to reply to this kind of video on YouTube with "LMAO, what do you think can suck the light of out of a line in a sunlit sky? The only thing in the known universe that can actually "remove" light is a black hole, so unless you think that "they" are in possession of and can control a black hole, then surely it must be a shadow (or denser area, depending on the pictures involved)."

Then someone thought about that and decided that "they" really MUST HAVE a portable black hole they can switch on and off and thanked me for the theory.
Oy, Is there no bottom to the dumb well CT's get their "knowledge" from?

join