It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ive always been fasinated with Mars since I was in grade school. Ever since I learned of all the planets especaily Mars I wanted to visit and even live there.

What we need it a privately funded voyage to Mars and its almost within grasp. NASA is just gonna take thier sweet old time in telling the world anything cause they cant disclose to much at once or they dont get funding. So they give us bits and pieces so the money will keep rolling in.

We need a Bill Gates type billionare to fund this so the world can see, or if we could get just half of the world to put up one dollar to fund this and put an end to this once a for all.

I dont doubt for one second that thiers life in our own solar system. Just look at the life on this planet its EVERYWHERE and its tough as nails. Its not so weak and timid as we once thought 20 years ago or so.

Once we do this without government interests involved we will finally get some anwsers. I know if I was Bill Gates and had his money thats the 1st thing I would do.

I mean we were on the moon 40 years ago (maybe or maybe not). In 40 years we have progressed so much thats its hard to believe we dont have people living there by now or at least sucking it dry of its resourses. It just doesnt make any sence at all.

Somethings not right. Ive always felt that thiers big pieces of our past that has been wiped clean and forgotten. We have just begun to exceed our ancestors and everything they tell us about oursleves seems to be pointing up. Meaning not here dummies out there.

I think Mars has some explaining to do and WE the people should ask her some questions. Screw NASA and the government thier not gonna give us quick accurate answers. They dont care about us they only care about thier own interests. Its apparently apparent. We need to just do it ourselves and stop depending on them and take a good look for ourselves without any censorship.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I want to know what that structure at 32 seconds is too. Maybe spacevisitor can shed some light.

Sorry Skyfloating , but I cannot shed some light on this, I did not see that picture before either.
However, my first personal impression is that it is not real a picture from Mars but from somewhere on Earth.
Because this looks pretty clear to me of the remains of a very old manmade house or such.
But I could be very wrong of course, because I have never made a serious study of Mars pictures.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cool post. This is my opinion of the RED planet.

I don't think 25.000 years ago or 25 min. ago would make too much difference. Say the whole surface of Mars was covered in red dirt. We wouldn't see it as red.

I believe it was a dying or dead planet when man first recorded it as red. Red is the result of that certain planets gasses being freely exposed to radiation. (for eons)

Unnatural formed cities, tubes leading to where?

I can only (point out) the uncounted underground Bases here in Earth. Can it just be a be a planetary coincidence?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

My only reservation about that is why use an earth based measurement, the metre, en.wikipedia.org... as a measurement on Mars?

Which measurement do you suggest we use instead? Feet?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not at all, I think I have subsequently attempted to clarify my reservations.

There could be a massive difference between nearly and / or approximately and exactly.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here we go, from the Wikipedia entry on "Adam":

Etymologically it is the masculine form of the word adamah meaning ground or earth and related to the words adom (red), admoni (ruddy) and dam (blood)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Not at all, I think I have subsequently attempted to clarify my reservations.

There could be a massive difference between nearly and / or approximately and exactly.

Gotcha...just read your clarification.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I realize thats the official-version. I disagree with it because the greeks

The association of the Planet Mars with the god Mars may be due to later Greek influences (the planet as Ares), rather than something originally thought of by the Romans.

sumerians (upon which Rome based its Mythology).

That is a very sketchy. Roman mythology finds it's roots in Proto-Indo-European mythologies.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by multichild

There is only one way to look at that theory really, and that is they came to Earth and either took over from the neanderthals, or they cross breed and we are part them and or part mars person.

I think that "Adamah" having come from the red-earth and then, because of the Red Satan seducing him, haven FALLEN to Earth, there may be some truth to that idea.

Or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

First off, S&F Sky - great thread (again!).

While I have enjoyed the debate over the years regarding the different Mars anomalies, the photo highlighted by mblahnikluver - if confirmed to be a photo taken on/of Mars - puts to bed the debate of whether or not intelligent life has resided on Mars.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It would give some support to why we suddenly jumped from simple people, to very scientific people some 8000 years ago, if thats the case.

That is their only opportunity as before that we where simple land dwellers, and so if they where from Mars then fallen would have to mean literally, as surely they would have needed space ships and so wouldn't be so simple.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think that "Adamah" having come from the red-earth and then, because of the Red Satan seducing him, haven FALLEN to Earth, there may be some truth to that idea.

I think the "red devil" is a more modern development not something originally associated with Satan.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

I have looked at many Mars pics over the years and I have never seen that one.

I did read on one site where they showed Mars anomalies and compared them to ruins on Earth. I wonder if it's a picture of a ancient ruin on Earth but mislabeled. I am still waiting on the person who made the video to message me back with the source link, if they have one.

They compared Mars anomalies to places on what is now Iran. It also made me think of that video that was floating around of Moon structures that were said to be a hoax.

So I am not sure where this pic comes from but I am still looking!

Yeah I agree if this is really from Mars then I would think this would be enough "proof" but even when something like this is presented people will still think it's a camera glitch or processing error.

I

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If that was from Mars then there no question I'd say.

Its way to structured like a building, with arches for supports and all.

I bet it will be from earth though.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well a mod said it so it must be true

forget about Mars losing its magnetosphere early on.

and forget about the fact that Mod's create stories and posters like Whispers In The Dark

and forget this post because I'll bet it's censored

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have clear photos water on Mars that I wish to share with you but! I can't fined the way of posting the pics here, so if anyone can help me with this, I'll appreciated.

I will do it for educational purpose.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown

and forget about the fact that Mod's create stories and posters like Whispers In The Dark

Are you insane?

Have you ever READ Skyfloatings threads before? Being a mod has nothing to do with it. His threads are very well put together and presented.

So since you did nothing but put down a great contributing member, do you have your own theories on Mars or do you only care to put down members? Which btw is frowned upon.

Censored? By who?? Seriously...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Either Upload it to the media-center (see left top) and then post it, OR send it to me and I´ll post it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown

If you have a Grudge against Mods, take it elsewhere. Im not posting as a Mod (obviously), but as a normal member.

And Im not peddling any truth, just sharing a fascination.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Either Upload it to the media-center (see left top) and then post it, OR send it to me and I´ll post it.

I rather send it to you, I don't trust ATS that much.

Give me a few minutes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join