It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Underwater Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

A HOTEL is offering newlyweds the ultimate honeymoon suite - an underwater room with incredible views of the underwater kingdom.

The wedding package at the Maldives Rangali Islands resort promises an unforgettable night below the Indian Ocean, complete with champagne breakfast and aquatic entertainment.

The glass domed aquarium is traditionally the hotel’s Ithaa restaurant. However, the space will be converted into a luxurious bedroom for honeymoon bookings.

Resort owners Conrad Hotels have introduced the concept to celebrate the hotel's fifth anniversary.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9aa5cf23fdec.jpg[/atsimg]

Maldives Rangali Islands resort's underwater hotel room

I think this is a really cool idea. It would be a fascinating experience to spend the night with a loved one, staring into the Ocean and watching all the beautiful schools of fish swim by. Lights at night-time would be a nice touch.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It sure does look like a supper cool room.
I just can't help but think, that with the light shinning through from the top that its not that far under water. So what about the occasional diver, or snorkeler swimming by?
Or would you really feel alone with all of the fish watching you?

I'm kind of thinking of Nemo swimming by.

Also, if might give you an idea of what it is like to be in the fish bowl you might have in your home.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Haha, yeah those are some important things to consider. The issue of privacy didn't really cross my mind at first, but I'm guessing they would have the areas surrounding the rooms sealed off from the general public. The other issue is how far apart each room would need to be to ensure privacy for each couple. Perhaps they could make the sides of each room solid and only have the top transparent. However, this could take away from the experience of being completely surrounded by the ocean.

edit on 8/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: ETA

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow,it looks marvellous....fantastic... it must be very romantic to live there with the one you love.

new topics

top topics

join