It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of political correctness (lies)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
People are tired of pc - it is lies.

Let's get real and call a spade a spade.

There are black people, there are yellow people, there are white people.

So what!

There are gay people, there are straight people and there are bisexual people.

So what!

If we are not honest about what we are, we will never be honest about anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree 100%

I believe it is a major cause of the downfall of the US and Europe. They want us to feel fear and guilt so they can control us easier.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Thank you!

I believe all people are equal.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Absolutely right, OP!

After all, we all come into this world the same, naked and screaming, so it is only our perception (influenced by outside forces from birth) that shapes our thought processes and our opinion of other people.

As someone else said in another thread, there are no differences between any of us, we are all human beings!

Roy.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

There are also dwarves, cripples and idiots.

Plain English is a wonderfully descriptive language. I love it dearly.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

So why do we wage war? When we don't want to?

The reason countries wage war is for rich people to become richer.

"Hi, I am a rich person, and I want to enter heaven". NO.

"Hi, I am a rich person, and I do not want to enter hell." NO CHOICE, IN YOU GO.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sounds good. I say we get rid of both forms of Political Correctness.

1)

politically correct

— adj
PC demonstrating progressive ideals, esp by avoiding vocabulary that is considered offensive, discriminatory, or judgmental, esp concerning race and gender.

2)

politically correct

–noun
marked by or adhering to a typically progressive orthodoxy on issues involving esp. race, gender, sexual affinity, or ecology. Abbreviation: PC, P.C.

Dictionary.com Definitions

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

YES! Let's call something what it is and forget all that waffling crap.

Gays call themselves queers - they have got back to the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Thank you!

I believe all people are equal.

I agree we are all equal. And diversity is what makes America great. I think political correctness is actually holding back racial equality. And I believe it is done on purpose by TPTB to hold more control.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Sorry about that war thing - wrong post.

But I believe that the truth sets you free - I am quoting someone - don't know who - but it is so right.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Unfortunately the truth can hurt, this is why our culture is soo politically correct, it is to "protect" and reinforce the idea that everyone is equal. (rhetorical question) If everyone is equal than why do certain races of people have certain programs allocated to them or get bonus points on exams and test scores for certain jobs over other peoples ? The ptb do use the PC to their advantage though, to divide, and it seems to be working especially here in the states. Yes, we are all humans, Gods children, but the fact is is that we are not all equal. But I say we embrace these differences because it is what makes us unique and beautiful inside. I would also like to state that if we were all equal I don't think diversity would be as big of an issue as it is today. Just my .02. Feel free to burn me now. '
'

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged.

I absolutely detest all forms of political correctness and the saying that political correctness has gone mad is 100 percent correct in my opinion.

Political correctness, in my opinion, is ruining this country (I live in the UK) and whilst I can't speak about the rest of the world I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening.

It's a joke when a whiteboard can't be called a whiteboard for fear of offending non white people or that I can't say policeman because I could be accused of being sexist, I would have to say police officer.

If it's a male police officer then he's a POLICEMAN for god sake!

Sadly, I fear that PC is only going to get worse accross the globe and get taken even further than the already ridiculous levels present today :-(

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Starred & Flagged.

I absolutely detest all forms of political correctness and the saying that political correctness has gone mad is 100 percent correct in my opinion.

Political correctness, in my opinion, is ruining this country (I live in the UK) and whilst I can't speak about the rest of the world I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening.

It's a joke when a whiteboard can't be called a whiteboard for fear of offending non white people or that I can't say policeman because I could be accused of being sexist, I would have to say police officer.

If it's a male police officer then he's a POLICEMAN for god sake!

Sadly, I fear that PC is only going to get worse across the globe and get taken even further than the already ridiculous levels present today :-(

The UK is going through the same phase America went through in the late 90s. It's painful to watch your populace descend into a chemically induced idiocy like the US did. The worst of these chemicals tend to affect the male population. So when you see males turning into zombies around you at disproportional rate to women, remember what I said. Not too long from now, you will start hating the majority of your populace because they will turn into obnoxious idiots with ADD. ADD is a sugar coated term for brain damage born out of apathy and ignorance.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Agreed, pc has to go, but it never will, certain groups of people have felt a sense of power and control by implementing it....and yet are still in the same situation. It's all about perception, and it infiltrates every area of our world today, even here on the ATS. There are certain words so verbotten that they don't even show when typed to define certain people....that is unless they are derogatory about whites, then it's all good. Funny, you have people claiming here that you can't have it both ways, and yet it even affects this site........yup pc has got to come to an end.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
People are tired of pc - it is lies.

Let's get real and call a spade a spade.

There are black people, there are yellow people, there are white people.

So what!

There are gay people, there are straight people and there are bisexual people.

So what!

If we are not honest about what we are, we will never be honest about anything.

Not to mention People's eating habits: Herbivore, Omnivore, and Carnivore

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Finally a thread just for me!! LoL

I have never been, nor will I ever be PC.

I calls em' as I sees em'
Always have and always will. It got me in a little trouble in the military and continues to plague me as I work fire/ems currently.

Why beat around the bush? As was stated before, it is one of the big reasons we, as a country, are going down the tubes. Everyone is to worried about how people will think of them...grow a set and tell em' how you really feel. People always say I am a penis head...no, I'm not actually, I just tell you how it is and if you don't like it then it's on you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There's a secret people in the know try to keep from us normal people.

Remember the censorship crowd of the 50's and such? Well they ARE the PC crowd, they just changed the name and made it about "language" instead of morals.

Censorship is a more appropriate term for what we call Political Correctness.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I firmly believe, unfortunately, it's all racial. All the roads point that way. That's why certain peoples get special treatments and not to mention the double standards. If I were to wear a white pride t shirt that would not be PC and I would be labeled a racist, but if a black man wore a black power or black pride t shirt it's viewed as having pride and the term racist probably wouldn't cross the lips of anyone. Now tell me there are no racial overtones there. Hence my opinion that all this PC bulls#!t is racial at its roots.

edit on 8-9-2010 by kimish because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Congratulations. You are officially the first person to sully this perfectly decent thread with foul racism.

If I were to wear a white pride t shirt that would not be PC and I would be labeled a racist, but if a black man wore a black power or black pride t shirt it's viewed as having pride and the term racist probably wouldn't cross the lips of anyone.

Let\'s make something clear here. The reason I oppose PC are that

(1) it is mealy-mouthed and hypocritical
(2) it does violence to the English language
(3) it's a mug's game anyway, because newly-coined PC words and phrases eventually acquire the stigma that adheres to that which they describe. Thus they come to be perceived as 'discriminatory' in their turn and have to be replaced by new ones. Thus, for example, Negro->Coloured->Black->African-American and so on and on and on. Sometimes, as with 'queer' and 'dike', the wheel comes full circle. It\'s all a lot of nonsense, frankly.

Your reason for opposing PC seems to be that you want to wear a white-supremacist T-shirt.

edit on 9/9/10 by Astyanax because: Back-slashes being automatically added before each apostrophe. Can we PLEASE go back to the old reply form until these bugs have been ironed out? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Get your head out of your but and re read my post. You don't even know my color! How dare you attack me, troll. I am far from racist. And I would not want to wear a white pride shirt because I am sensitive to other peoples feelings. I call It like I see it, if it looks like a dog, if it barks like a dog, it must be a dog. It's people like you that use the term racist loosely and that causes a whole hell of a lot of problems for people and you should be ashamed of yourself, you don't even know me. Tell my how my post was racist and I will apologize, honestly. Was it because I stated FACTS? What I stated was the truth of hypocrisy and if you can't deal with it I don't know what to tell you other than to wake up and get your head out of your ass. You are beyond me but I forgive you because I have a feeling you have been a victim of racism.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join