It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Losing Weight Toxic? New Study Says Fat Releases Industrial Chemicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Is Losing Weight Toxic? New Study Says Fat Releases Industrial Chemicals

www.cbsnews.com

An international team of scientists found that toxic pollutants, which are stored in fat, release themselves into the bloodstream when fat dissipates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well that is interesting in more than few occasions. First, fat may be beneficial in order to protect organs from environmental factors like cold (think for animals that store fat for winter) but also from potentially hazardous chemicals.

But because one has instantly to think about conspiracy, the hype and ideal for thinner people might be just another trick how to reduce population. First make them fat with poisonous food, then make them want to become thin and *pop*

(Not sure if this is already posted - I made the search and didn't find one)

-v

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-9-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes, that's true - all the chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, etc - all become a part of you and your fat when you eat them or get them on your skin.

"You are what you eat"

When you lose the fat, these chemicals are released, and that's what deters most people from starting a good diet and losing weight and becoming healthy.

They think, "Wow, I'm eating good food, and I feel sick and run down all the time now, and this green stuff is supposed to be good for me!"

Then they stop the diet and go back to burgers, corn syrup and Coke. They don't realize they are feeling sick because of the toxins being released - not because they are eating good food.

It's a good idea to detox and cleanse your system before you begin losing the fat. Detox mercury, heavy metals, candida, ween yourself off junk food/bad food/sodas, and after a month or so of that, then you can begin a diet protocol to lose fat and the chemicals released won't be so overwhelming as to cause you to stop.

There will still be chemicals being released, but doing a detox first greatly reduces the amount coming out and causing sickness/nausea/etc.

Once you get past the detox, lose the weight, and maintain a good diet, the contrast is night and day. Clarity improves, thought processes improve, cognition and understanding improve - it's just an amazing process that people should endeavor to achieve. Without your health, you truly have nothing. Just look at all the stars dying of cancer. Rich, famous, beautiful women, yet they don't know about health and succumb to the same diseases and early death as grampa smoking a pack a day who lives in poverty.

Michael Douglas and The Swayze are good examples of this as of late.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

An international team of scientists found that toxic pollutants, which are stored in fat, release themselves into the bloodstream when fat dissipates.

Where they are metabolized and excreted, presumably.

If they were going to poison you, they would have done so when you ingested them in the first place.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If there is a conspiracy, it is the fact that the Government allows the release of toxic wastes into our environment that end up in the food supply. Sure there are laws to protect the environment and our food, but if a corporation breaks the rules, it just gives a payoff to the government in the form of fines and continues to pollute. All the while, its the general population that actually pays the price with health problems.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If that were that case, I would be sick as a dog right now, maybe dead.

I was like 311lbs a year ago, now I'm down to 235lbs.
That's a lot of weight, and I feel fantastic.
If my body was being polluted from this, wouldn't I feel it?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just another excuse to keep people obese and for them to think that it's alright to be overweight. And that would be one more reason to raise taxes in order to pay for the new health care package that is going to bankrupt the country with or without the help of the gravitationally challenged.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This could be a conspiracy, but I really don't think they are infusing food with this stuff. There is just too way too much food to deal with. It would make more sense to infuse the chemicals in the water supply. They just very well maybe doing that.

Everytime you take a shower you are absorbing a pluthera of toxins through your skin from the water supply, shampoos and conditioners. I suggest you don't investigate the ingredients on shampoo bottles, unless you want nightmares. If you really want nightmares, take a look what's in our water supply, forget investigation.

edit: I know some chemicals are water soluble, some fat solube. Think about it though, would it not be the perfect crime to inject a toxic (or better yet: harmless or semi-harmless) water soluble chemical in the water supply; a chemical you in-turn know will metabolize in the human body into a toxic fat soluble chemical.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by sliceNodice]

join