It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote For A Muslim?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
good answers guys...but i have noticed most people who say no wont say why

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

I explained why a nd was called a kkk member, a nazi etc It's probably reactions like thatm that keep some from posting why.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

To answer the question, I would vote for who ever had an open and honest agenda, to put the people’s interest first. Makes no difference what religion or race. Just honesty

As far as the conservatives and Liberals, well the difference says a lot, with the conservatives you know where you stand and they are not afraid to tell you. Liberals, are the type that will talk behind you back, the Kiss @$$ yes man that will say one thing to you and something different to the next.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The religion of the person matters not to me. I would vote for a person regardless of religion if I liked their policies.

I could not have said it better!

Anyway - why limit the topic to just "Would you vote for a Muslim"? How about "Would you vote for a Jew?" "Would you vote for a Satanist?" "Would you vote for a Baptist?"

Seriously - unless the candidate is wearing his or her religion on their shoulder and attempting to force it on others - i couldn't care less.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by hinky

Can you elaborate on why you would not vote for a Muslim?

Non-muslims do not understand that islam is much more than a religion. Regardless of all the feel good propaganda about how much tolerance or freedom this religion allows; the history of the religion speaks for itself. It is a religion of conquest, enslavement, and death which is plainly visible today. No moderates or liberals speak out about the extremist's actions within this religion as the extremists are the driving force to move this religion into new territories for conquest.

The West does not understand that we are in a religious war, not a criminal action with isolated terror attacks.

You want to elect a leader who will not speak out against his religion when it is clearly wrong in a civilized world. That's a follower, not a leader. This is the normal muslim, a follower of a perverted religion based on serious character flaws of their pedophilic prophet Muhammad. It is an act of heresy for a muslim to change religions which is punishable by death. Again, there are any number of islamic followers willing to step up and kill the new infidel, this action is not against their legal system.

Given time, you would find our new leader instituting actions favorable to islamic organizations or detrimental to all other religions. You see this action from the White House now, with the current occupant. Those actions are for another thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'd vote for whoever's policies I thought would help the nation. They could be Satanic, Muslim, Christian, whatever...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Now, what if this Santa said in his book that all the other Santas are fake and only he was real?
Don't forget the part where the 'real' Santa says that if anyone would dare draw a picture of him they should be condemned to death.

I must say no to voting for a Muslim candidate. Too much politics in their religion.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by chaseninja

Would You Vote For A Muslim?

Over 69 million have said "Yes" to this question...

Oh yeah? POTUS of what country? Because i can't believe you'd be juvenile enough to still believe the constantly destroyed birther argument

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
does it matter presidents are public puppets anyhow

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is a fair question and one that deserves a fair answer.
It would depend on the level of government that is being ran for at this time. In some parts, for say the local or even the state level, maybe, but to the national level, then it would all depend on how devout of a follower of Islam he or she is. If that person was too devout, even though they may be the best canidate for the position, I would not vote for that person, or any where religion is that important to them and affect the way that they may vote for issues.
A person that is elected to office, no matter what the level, has to represent all of the people, not just a select group, and should speak with one voice for those who they are representing. For too long, those of differing ideologies, tend to bog down the political process, all cause they do not like the other people that sit on say a council, or at a higher level.
Obama made history by becoming the first minority to break through the glass ceiling and become president of the United States. But do to his actions while in office, the mismanagement of the government, the supporting of a few groups of people and that he is using the office to force his agenda through, has sealed a fate to the country where not many people are going to be so willing to elect another minority into that position any time soon. The voting public if anything, once awaken, will often weigh what the last guy who was a particular party or even their religious point to who they will elect to that position. So he made history, but in the process, he has put the glass ceiling back in place.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'd really like to know why it even matters?

American Muslims are, by the very fact they live here, a bit different, for the most part, than their cousins elsewhere.

I know about a dozen Muslims, several are, or were, very good friends. We have, as these things go, mostly gone our separate ways. But they were, and are, good people. Americans first. Muslims second. Were they to run for an office, I'd gladly support them.

So the answer to your question would be a qualified yes. The only qualification being, all else being equal, do I agree with their stances on policy. Not their religion, which I really don't give a tinkers damn about...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes, and I have done before.

This is in the UK, however. Religion has much less bearing on our politics over here, which is strange considering we're technically a Protestant Christian nation.

edit on 8-9-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'd be concerned with his views on Sharia, but if he esteems the Constitution as being the law of the land...then why not? Even better if he's a libertarian. Really, all politicians are the same anyway, and I trust that the checks and balances that go along with such an office would keep him, like all other politicians, just nominally religious.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I probably would not vote for a Muslim because they most likely would not share the same political and economic views as me. The same goes for a Luciferian, Amish, Jehovah's Witness, etc. It's my vote to use as I wish and I can exclude anyone for any reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is a distinct difference between American born Muslims and Middle Eastern Muslims. But some traditional Muslim beliefs conflict with our constitution. Women are 2nd class citizens. While American Muslims support terrorism less than 1% of the time, their belief structure simply does not work with our constitution. So no, I could not vote for a candidate whose religion makes women and gays 2nd class citizens.

If it was a muslim candidate who held American beliefs and believed in strict adheranceto the constitution then yes. I would.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Very good reasoning here.

So no, I could not vote for a candidate whose religion makes women and gays 2nd class citizens.

All the reason one needs to vote no, IMO.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, of course I would. Why should someone's religion or lack of relgion make any difference to me if their political positions are similar to mine? I vote for a politician based on his political philosophy and not on which Invisible Friend in the Sky he or she worships.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
yes i will

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I probably would not. Not saying I do not respect there individual choice to be a muslim. It is just I prefer to have a Christian President, religioun does play a major area of most individuals lives. Also Muslims are the sons and daughters of Ishmael. So no I would not vote for a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
Well i was sitting in my history class today and some idiot mentioned something about muslims being terrorists blah blah blah.(i live in a very redneck part of the country where people don't like it if your not like them) Well that made me think what if an American Muslim or infact anyone who isnt a Christian ran for president. Would You Vote For Them if they had good ideals and a plan to turn the country around and seemed like a good canidate or would you pass them off as a terrorists. I would vote for them if i agreed with their ideas,would you do the same? why or why not?

look forward to your responses-Chaseninja

Simple No in a million years, maybe i should buy you a one ticket to bosnia so you can see what islam has done to bosnia.

People have no jobs and thus yet islam which they have conquered bosnia after the war in bosnia, promised the people they would bring jobs but in truth they haven't.

But believe me after your trip to bosnia, your going to have a different opinion on things.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join