It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote For A Muslim?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
now now children please insert a star and a flag before arguing on my thread. but anyway now that both sides are on this thread it should get interesting

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I guess saying "no" to voting for a religious nut would make you a

RACIST..

A second generation Albanian or Turkish Muslim....maybe...likely takes religion as seriously as most Catholics.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

I'm not in the US but surely there are already a few muslims in polotics there...

Here in Australia we have all types...

We had a Chinese lord mayor here in Melbourne for years...

Race and religion should be BANNED from polotics..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Didn't criticize at all buddy.... I would now of course offer that you may have some deep seeded emotional issues if you're so fragile and hurt so easy over an internet forum...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Didn't criticize at all buddy.... I would now of course offer that you may have some deep seeded emotional issues if you're so fragile and hurt so easy over an internet forum...

Not hurt seemed you were criticizing for me. Must of been all the reply's I have been doing and didn't look over the comment. As well eating some fine tacos.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh Oh Oh but what if the candidate had funny hand gestures, liked to go on secret vacations and danced in drag around a huge wooden owl?

Then he'd be someone to keep an eye on huh!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

You got it.. there will always be the fanatics, we have the fanatical Christians in America (which is about as good as a fanatical Muslim) but most second generation Muslim immigrants, if they get a good education, are far, far less fanatical than their parents. Especially since anytime a parent seems to push anything on their kids, they tend to shoot in the complete opposite direction.

So I guess to the OP my answer is: If he openly called for some crazyness like Sheria (sp?) Law then no, he wouldn't get my vote.. if he was a Muslim but didn't make the First Lady wear a Burka (and his ideologies were in line with mine of course) his religion wouldn't matter to me. (I don't care if I'm closed minded, I will never support the covering of the ladies in a blanket, "cultural" or "religious" reasons or not.)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yea...........ummm...then you should probably? put him on some meds

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nope, wouldn't vote for a Muslim for any office in the U.S. Never would I do such a thing to my country. When the hell did diversity become so important as to overshadow our country, it's founders, and the military today? Hell no......

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

ok well why wouldnt you vote for one?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
MY best friend is an Albanian Muslim.....

Likes crude humor

Iron Maiden fan

His wife runs the house-hold...he is more " p-whipped" than me.

Kinda normal.

I'd vote for him.. except he's a moron.

No different than most of us guys.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I would vote for a Muslim if they were fiscally Conservative. However, he or she would first have to speak out against the Muslim Terrorists who are engaged in Terrorist Activities here in the US and the world over.

And they would also have to speak out against the majority of Muslims in the US who have failed to condemn the Radicals.

And then I would have to believe their statements. After taking these and other viewpoints of the candidate into consideration, I would vote for them if they would be able to address my concerns, soothe my suspicions, and gain my trust.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Nope, wouldn't vote for a Muslim for any office in the U.S. Never would I do such a thing to my country. When the hell did diversity become so important as to overshadow our country, it's founders, and the military today? Hell no......

America is not a Christian nation. You seem to think the U.S. is a Christian nation.
www.nobeliefs.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If that person defined him/herself as a Muslim, no, I would not vote for them. I won't vote for anyone who defines themselves by their religion. For example, regardless of his policy, I would never vote for Huckabee.

If the person did not define himself as a Muslim, but practiced Islam, I would have no problem voting for them.

Religion has no place in politics or government. Half of these jokers only claim to be religous in a naked attempt to get votes or to put up some sham of spirtuality.

Ideally I would have absolutely no idea what religion, if any, a politician practiced

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wake up people. "Islam" is both relgion and politics intertwined. If you are a devote Muslim you could not differreciate between the two. This alone would lead doubt and suspicion in my mind. At present they are behaving in a manner that no reasonable person could trust. Our nation founders were not "Muslim" and they drew the line between relgion and the state.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Firstly, islam isn't just a religion, it's a form of government....we already have one. Why do we need all of this diversity, the country was much better off in the past, it truely was. Between the loosening of morals, music, t.v., the gay agenda, the unions, the liberals, professional extortion groups like the aclu and splc, the dumdbing down of schools to the least common denominator, the teachers union and diversity, we have lost sight of what a great country we truely once were. We don't need to be accepted by anyone, we already are a super power, and yet, we seem to be the only country help accountable for oour actions. Nope, I'd not vote for one, our country has suffered enough. It seems that the only ones worried about things like this, are the ones happy with the downward spiral we are currently in, we need to go back to traditional ways that made this country great and forget the experiment that we've been conducting tha has been a dismal failure up until this point.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No.
Sorry, won't do it.
Would they vote for a Christian President of Yemen???

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
No.
Sorry, won't do it.
Would they vote for a Christian President of Yemen???

Give it time then. There are 3,000 Christians in Yemen.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
nope i will not vote for a muslim

much like if the question was would i vote for a gay or lesbian

no i wont.....

simple fact whether its gay,lesbian, or muslim they will be a liberal or democrat.

hence the reason i wont be voting for one.

to be perfectly clear here i will not vote ever for a democrat-slap your own reasons like people always do.

conservative muslim? dangeorus ground considering how any religious christian republicans gets branded a bible thumber or god speaks to them.

but then agian there is the rampant belief that the republicans are a bunch of racist,nazis,islamophobes,bigots so there will never be such a candidate getting the gop nominations.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Guess it depends on whether they were willing to convert to say Spirituality, Christianity, or even Atheism? If they worshipped one of those peaceful forms of Islam, then I might consider them (say if my first 5 choices had dropped out)
However if they dressed like somebody from medieval times, well… I’d only vote for them if I really liked their polices (something I doubt if they started, with my candiates deportation!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join