It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant board clicking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hello Tech experts,

When I am logged in to ATS , I am getting a clicking every 15 seconds from adstarmedia.

How can I stop this as I really do like my laptop and it hasnt learned to fly yet!!

Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
When I am logged in to ATS , I am getting a clicking every 15 seconds from adstarmedia.

That's likely not from us... we have no affiliation with that firm.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the reply but I closed all other pages and links and only left open the thread I was reading. Still clicking every 15 seconds.

I will run security check and see what it throws up.

I havent been on any "dodgy" sites today!! (yet)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I've never had that happen, and I am on ATS all the time. (Too much!)

It sounds like something you downloaded somewhere along the way had adware that installed with it. Start uninstalling the last few things that you downloaded. It might have come with a routine update to a toolbar, or other program as well, so if there are no new programs, look at the last couple that updated.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you!!

Spybot is my friend today!!

Thats my "clicking conspiracy thread" shelved for a while!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Some time ago I had a few problems with "waiting for google-analytics", getting pop-under pages opening, not seeing the pages here correctly and having that incessant clicking noise.. the malware also stopped me updating Spybot.

In the end I downloaded Malwarebytes and let it do its thing.. no more problems since then.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thank you. I will download and use.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Pardon if I don't know what I'm talking about in relating my conclusion to your problem ... but ATS has been doing that on my computer for, if not months, then years. In my case, it's that web page refreshes are somehow assigned the click sound ... and as the ATS home page (at the least) refreshes, regularly, it clicks regularly. Drives me bonkers, too ... just too lazy to try and get rid of it, I guess.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Hi Hadrian,

Yes it sounds like re freshing but the admedia banner comes up on the bottom everytime. I have run spybot and I am now running the above programme and hopefully its solved.

Never had this problem before but it is VERY annoying.

new topics

top topics

join