It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 small earthquakes shake parts of Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

6 small earthquakes shake parts of Oklahoma

www.breitbart.com

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - For the second time in less than a week, six small earthquakes have been recorded in a single day in central Oklahoma.

The Oklahoma Geological Survey said the six earthquakes on Saturday ranged from preliminary magnitudes of 1.5 to 3.3.

On Wednesday in the same area about 30 miles from Oklahoma City, geologists also recorded six earthquakes that ranged from a preliminary 1.8 magnitude to 3.1. Another quake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.7 was recorded Friday about 10 miles east of the Saturday temblors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder what is causing these little quakes? Could they be the result of the years of pumping out the groundwater from that region and the ground is settling down? Or is it from oil drilling? Or is this from the long subducted plate that is now underneath the N. American plate? What do you folks think?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Star and Flag from me!!!

Check out the research that people did on my thread regarding a brand new faultline discovered in Arkansas and unrelated to the New Madrid fault line.

5 Arkansas Earthquakes in 2 days

Something funny is going on from Central Oklahoma, through Northern Arkansas, across Northern Alabama, Northern Georgia and into Kentucky.

I have plenty of wild theories and a few plausible ones, but the main thing is that "something" is changing in this geographical area.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I applaud your open mind, but I'm sceptical.

Do you have any scientific references you can call upon other than a sensationalist headline grabbing geologist?

I know your theory will be tectonic in nature, and I know what you are going to suggest. Such a thing has not been seen in human times you know?

Interesting nonetheless.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Are you replying to me or GenRadek?

His link was an AP article.

My link went to a thread with many links to usgs.gov, Univ or Ark at Little Rock, Fox News coverage, and the RSOE EDIS site.

Just not sure about what you consider "scientific reference" and "sensationalist headline." I saw a lot of scientific reference and none of the sensationalist headlines, so your reply didn't fit the OP?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/904721691397.jpg[/atsimg]

Edgar Casey's prediction in map form.

Could have somehing to do with 2012.
We shall see.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I have noticed that Arkansas has been having many small quakes too....especially around Searcy Arkasas.....it's probably related to the New Madrid fault.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Apologies, no slur intended. I was referring to the local USGS department head that was uttering soundbites for the media to chew on.

It's an interesting hypothesis - could you sum up what you think will happen?

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

No apology needed, I had to go check my original thread and see what sources I had used, LOL! Plus, I have similar feelings of resentment toward Admiral Thad of the Coast Guard. He seemed like he wanted to be on the news every morning giving good news on the BP incident, only to have his aids retract it later that afternoon!

Like I said, I have many ideas as to the cause of these Earthquakes. They range from the plausibility of an ancient faultline that created the Ozark and Boston mountains becoming active again, all the way to an Underground Tunnel system either man or alien made. It scares me to think that a case can be made for either end of the spectrum and a thousand theories in between! Including a relation to the oil spill, and/or a relation to Yellowstone.

I am no geologist, but I did grow up on the Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma/Kansas corner that is known locally as the "Four State Area." I have explored miles and miles of caves and wilderness in the area. There are very interesting geological anomalies all around there. I think it was a lot more active in years past, and maybe it is re-awakening.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What is up with all the earthquakes? Is it just me or does it seem like were getting quakes a lot more than is normal. I'm 44 and I can't remember a time when it was like it has been of late. Seems like something is building up. Does anybody know why or what the reason is? Peace and love.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I think they need to stop fracking for gas so close to major faults.

Apparently earthquakes have been happening in Texas where they have hydrofracturing operations going on. Now they are 'fracking' near Yellowstone.

Bad idea IMO.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Its amazing how much we still dont know whats below our feet! Who knows how many of these faults are below us and we dont know about them till something happens??

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Releasing and removing stuff from below cannot be good for the pressures and stresses on the faults in the region. What if something like that causes a catastrophic chain reaction quake, or unzips a new fault or an old fault? That would be scary as hell!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
might just be huge tunnel digging machines at work and/or they're using thermo nuke to melt away hard sediments.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

That is one of the theories that sounds far-fetched, but once you start researching it, it sounds very plausible! I am starting to believe that there is a vast underground network that we are unaware of. It could be that these are small explosions to clear rock or debris. It could be that a tunnel is being constructed that goes East to West down the center of the country. The recent unexplained Earthquakes line up quite nicely along that route.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
JKrog 08 thread about Underground High Speed Transit

The route goes precisely through the area of the Oklahoma Earthquakes. Supposedly the system started in the 70's so it is possible it has now extended Eastward through the newly discovered Arkansas fault and the odd North Georgia North Alabama and Kentucky unexplained seismic regions.

Very good, and very old thread with great info that pertains to this discussion!

top topics

join