It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Unbelievably Freakin' Obvious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, after UFO Hunters I suppose this is a logical progression...

The Syfy Channel is developing a new show apparently entitled "UFO: Unbelievably Freakin' Obvious" in which Billy Ray Cyrus (yes, the father of Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana) and his son, Trace, will travel across the country investigating UFOs and the paranormal.

www.variety.com...

"The existence of paranormal phenomena is something I've always wanted to explore further," Cyrus said. "Getting the opportunity to take this adventure with my son, who has always had a keen interest in this area, is a dream come true. I hope this series can shine a light on some of the activities we have questioned, and the mysteries that have long inspired us."

www.scifisquad.com...

Why do you do things like this, Syfy? You're like a rambunctious puppy that feels it's not getting pet often enough so it poops on the living room floor. That would be okay if you were indeed a puppy, but you've been around for years. It's time to stop crapping in living rooms and do big boy things. Finding a Battlestar Galactica replacement, for one, would be a nice place to start.

I'm curious as to the implications of the title - precisely what is supposed to be so obvious about UFOs?? Does the title suggest the show going to have a skeptical/debunking angle (which I would have thought is rather unlikely for the Syfy Channel)?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My guess is that most likely it'll be about unexplainable attribute's caught on tape and cannot be linked to any manmade aircraft's.

Hopefully it'll be a good show whatever side it's on about the UFO conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not at all.

It's obvious that there are intelligent aliens visiting Earth from the solar system of Alpha Centuri and that they are in cahoots with government leaders from every nation, regardless of global importance, and are organising how to enslave mankind.

It's just that our supposed 'elected' leaders will sell us out so that they get a bite of peach and use every disinfo effort possible to put us off the trail.

Only Jesus can save us and we all know he's coming soon - it's just who will listen and who will ignore his honesty about the whole thing?

That's what is freakin' obvious!!! and that's what we should be telling everyone!

God bless America!

-m0r

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Talk about pandering to the lowest common denominator. Maybe we'll get lucky and all the Cyrus' will be abducted, never to return.

I don't see this being very serious as this family has proven it cannot live out of the public eye for very long and is pimping out the older brother for giggles. If it were the Ackroyds--then sure (okay I'm biased as a Canadian) but none of these shows ever seem to come up with anything solid.

Even the title seems that this show won't be a serious undertaking.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Cyrus and Son? This is obviously going to be a show that picks out stupid/made up UFO reports, shows an "interview" with said people, and the shows aim will be to mock and make fun of said people to make the ENTIRE UFO research community look stupid.

It's a disinformation campaign.

Since it's Cyrus, they'll target "hicks" and "red necks" as the victims, so country singer fans will enjoy the laughs they create at the expense of the valid UFO community.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Cyrus and son Trace will travel cross-country and offer a skeptical solution to many of the theories. Pilot, to be produced by Peacock Prods., will be shot in a few weeks.

Read more: www.variety.com...
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.

Your link had the answer to your question.

They are offering to find a skeptical solution to many of the theories.

In that light, the title could mean that they will air the episodes that reach an obvious solution one way or the other. They will probably avoid the ones that are unclear and they will air the ones that can be easily debunked, or thoroughly hyped as real.

Anybody named "Billy Ray" that kept a mullet hairstyle as long as he did, has surely seen a tornado from a trailer porch, seen a UFO or two, and probably been abducted a few times!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yawnn... why bother....

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's often been said that there's no such thing as bad publicity. I'm not sure I agree. Anything that brings the topic more into the mainstream would be a good thing, but I can't imagine this show doing that. It looks to me that it won't be confined to the UFO topic. Billy Ray, renaissance man that he apparently is, can't be pigeonholed into the single topic, and "paranormal phenomena" in general will be included.

I think this one will pass into obscurity before I get desperate enough to watch it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Cyrus and Son? This is obviously going to be a show that picks out stupid/made up UFO reports, shows an "interview" with said people, and the shows aim will be to mock and make fun of said people to make the ENTIRE UFO research community look stupid.

You know, I actually think you're correct.

I don't usually believe these kind of UFO smear conspiracies, but for the life of me I cannot think of one good reason for a TV company to make a show like this.

Billy Ray Cyrus investigates UFOs with his son. WTF?!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
First off, there is a battlestar galactica replacement...its called Caprica, and much to my suprise, the first season was very brilliant.

About the ufo series....

Cyrus? really? come on...Yes, you want to introduce the subject matter to a new audience, and so maybe this will pull in a few people...but whats his counter?

SyFy puts out some interesting shows...Destination Truth has a good setup going with the whole crytpozoology research...sometimes getting some impressive results....they have a nice array of science nerds...Why are UFO research shows usually filled with some backwoods hillbillys and idiots...where is the aviation experts, the physics majors, the cosmologists....wtf!!!

The best way to debase a subject is to turn it into the domain of childrens interest.

Come on SyFy...the subject deserves better...not saying take out the glam factor, but dont make that the only thing on the show. grrr

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
I'm curious as to the implications of the title - precisely what is supposed to be so obvious about UFOs??

It's obvious they'll broadcast brain-numbing superstitious nonsense, narrated by a washed-up pop country one hit wonder, in order to insure themselves some kind of viewership.

Sadly, what's obvious is that there are millions of believers in aliens and UFOs and they'll all devote a half hour or so of their time to a TV show dedicated to the subject.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Don't tell my heart, my achey breakey heart, Billy Ray, it mightn blow up and kill this man (if you persue your acting career.) Your business in the front and party in the rear lifestyle is going to ruin UFOlogys good name!

LSHI'___'AMSFO!
(Laughed so hard i dropped my taco and my sombrerro fell off)

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What next, Dog the Bounty Hunter chases aliens qnd gives them motivational pep talks?

"Go with Christ alien brah"

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the idea is profit.
Surprise huh?
They don't give a crap about UFO's or "research", they just want you to watch and buy the crap they advertise!
I know, it's SHOCKING!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How I would love to be a fly on the wall during the brainstorming phase of this endeavor. At least then I'd know who to slap some sense into.

I'll probably watch the first episode to only realize that everything has already been debunked here on ATS. Same thing happened with SyFy's "Fact or Faked". Everything discussed was already torn apart here almost 5 years ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

IsaacKoi.....

I think I shall be on ATS when that is on TV!

I think I'll find slightly more intelligence that way!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
sorry, but its not obvious that aliens are visiting earth

its obvious, by math, that they exist, but to say they are visiting, it is a stretch

we really dont know that, we cant say they are not, but we cant say too that they are

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I don't usually believe these kind of UFO smear conspiracies, but for the life of me I cannot think of one good reason for a TV company to make a show like this.

What? This is a goldmine!!

Billy Ray Cyrus is a household name in the Country music world, even if it is a caricature of his one hit wonder song!

On top of that, rednecks LOVE UFO topics!

On top of that, all the "Tweens" love Miley/Hannah, and they are going to be in love with her brother!!

So, you have a few UFO enthusiasts, you have the Rednecks, and you have the marketing goldmine of 13 year old boys and girls making their parents watch it!

SyFy is ingenious!! If it has 2 or 3 successful episodes, it will probably get picked up by Disney (if they don't already own Syfy, I didn't check)!! Who cares if anyone likes the show, or if it has any substance, or if it damages the real UFO research. All that matters is that Wal-Mart shopping Rednecks, and 13 year old girls will watch it and buy any related merchandise!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ahhh so the NSA MK handlers (BRC) with his MK child are now being put to use to "expose" UFOs...

Take note when Uncle Disney - and NSA (NASA) get it on - something is brewing...

Like a set up for a project blue-beam perhaps?

They can't stop it, but they will try to *control* it - that's just the nature of the beast...

watch this space!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I hope you're being sarcastic and funny... because if not, you scare me

The show sounds AWFUL, I wish Bill Hicks had lived and got that TV show about Billy Ray Cyrus he wanted.

I assume that their take on UFO means there's going to be no debunking at all, since it's already sooooo obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join