It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most accurate prophecies ever - Matthias Stormberger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
perdurabo10.tripod.com...

World War 1

"When in the outskirts of the forest the iron road will be finished, and there the iron horse will be seen, a war will begin, to last twice two years. It would be fought with iron fortresses that move without horses."

World War 2

"Two or three decades after the first war it will come one a Second War still larger. Almost all the nations of the world will be involved. Millions of men will die, without being soldiers. The fire will fall from the sky and many great cities will be destroyed."

World War 3

"And after the end of the Second Great War, a third universal conflagration will come, so that it will determine everything."

I read all of these prophecies and they were very astonishing indeed. I like Nostradamus as well but I believe this guy is the most accurate I have ever read.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
one of my favorite predictions is the one that the Mayans made about the spanish conquistadors showing up in their land. they arrived exactly on the day they said they would, and the prediction was made 500 years previous.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

thats sounds interesting - can you recommend any source material?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am not sure how impressive any of them are.

If you predict man will engage in a war you are bound to be right.

I'll be much more impressed if someone predicted a lengthy peace and it came to pass.

That would be something out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
When were these prophecies written? Where are the originals? Anyone can write prophecies after the event and make a website up for the purpose of attention seeking through fear mongering. Ignore this rubbish.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
When were these prophecies written? Where are the originals? Anyone can write prophecies after the event and make a website up for the purpose of attention seeking through fear mongering. Ignore this rubbish.

It was wrote in the 1830's, did you not read the whole site? I believe it was stated in there.

Most of Stormberger's work was destroyed by the Nazi's because they called it dangerous.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I think originally I saw something about it on Nat Geo, I was amazed that they could make one so accurate, any way heres a link to an article

ezinearticles.com...,-2012---7-Prophecies-of-Doom&id=1082335

and one more answers.yahoo.com...

there are plenty out there to look at regarding this

[edit on 7-9-2010 by inbound]

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir,

If one will read Isa. Chap. 53:, a very short Chap., 12 verses, here is a prophecy that needs no math and is perfectly and wonderfully fullfilled. Some will argue but you decide for yourself. Wipe the dust off it and read it.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir,
Another significant prophecy is the third peril of George Washington's vision.

It can be found simply type in George Washington Vision on the search line. The vision is also posted in the library of congress.
Truthiron

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It seems obvious, once you delve into it, that the Matthias Stormberger prophesies are false too, or at least heavily manipulated/updated after his time to make them retrospectively seem to have been more accurate - if he ever really existed, of which there is no hard evidence. Nor could he (apparently) read or write, so conveniently there is no chance of any original documents of his. Indeed, as such, Stormberger seems to be a later, German, version of the English "Mother Shipton" another infamously faked prophet: www.museumofhoaxes.com...

And as if to seal Stormberger-fans' "Well, you can't disprove it" argument, all later recordings of his sayings were conveniently apparently destroyed by the Nazis, so there aren't even any other 19th century dated (i.e. actually before any of the events he is said to have prophesised) documentary accounts of what he supposedly said.

Within the supposed prophesies are one or two giveaways, for example usage of the term "cars". The German term is wagen, and the term "motorwagen" was applied to the first German invented cars of the 1870s. And "cars" as a term relating to automobiles did not enter the English language until 1899. Stormberger wouldn't have said "cars" - being German he'd have said "wagen" ("wagon" in English of course). No doubt someone will counter that this could be explained as a later translation problem, but I've two answers to that: 1) Translation from what? (There are no original documents and no pre-WW2 documents); and 2) If the prophecy was altered by a later translator to make it seem more compelling to today's readers then that proves my point that this guy is another Mother Shipton-like hoax.

In any case, the hoaxers got it wrong. Stormberger is supposed to have said that WW3 would be seen not in his children's or grandchildren's time but in the "third stock" - i.e. in this context meaning his great grandchildren's time. Stormberger is said to have lived from the late 18th to early 19th century. So, if you estimate that even with today's health standards a generation typically lives no more than say 40 or 50 years after their parents died of old age, then we find that 150yrs after Stormberger's time gets us to around 1950-1980. That period was the height of the Cold War, when WW3 always seemed right around the corner (and indeed came close to starting a couple of times). And so that period gives us the likely timeframe when the hoax (either inventing or just grossly exaggerating the prophesies) was perpetrated, to feed people's fears in those doom-laden days, much like Y2K and the Mayan 2012 have done so in the Ecological/Technological Disaster Ages.

To prove otherwise you'd need an authenticated document from the 19th century.
edit on 4-1-2013 by streety because: added "/Technological" to penultimate sentence.

edit on 4-1-2013 by streety because: Rephrased 2nd para for greater clarity of argument.

edit on 4-1-2013 by streety because: Previous edit was recorded by system but didn't show up in text! so I redid it.

edit on 4-1-2013 by streety because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmmm.. all this is interesting. Keeping an open mind.
Is the phrase "universal conflagration" translated accurately? Just curious what he actually meant.
Thx!

new topics

top topics

join