It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craziest conspiracy theory web sites?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere in BTS.

I was just wondering what is the oddest, strangest, most completely hat stand, off the scale crazy conspiracy web sites that any of you have come across are

I think a site needs a few things to qualify.

1. Terrible web design, often involving huge blocks of colored text, bright neon backgrounds and flashing animated gif's

2. Odd writing style, for some reason the crazier the conspiracy the fewer the paragraphs and line breaks, 100 lines of text without a single full stop or comma are a good sign of a crazy site.

3. Persecution complex. Owners of the truly bizarre sites often seem to think that they are being bugged, followed or persecute by some kind of secret organization.

So can we try to compile a list of the best of these site.

My first entry is a true classic, the daddy of madness.

The Time Cube

[edit on 7-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This website deffinatly fits all that criteria and is surely a contender, especialy now they have redesigned the layout.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I guess I should have seen that one coming

I don't think the web design is bad, not TimeCube like certainly, I'm thinking of sites where you can barely get to the bottom of the page without you eyes catching fire

Heres my second entry to the list

Accept Jesus forever here

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Damn that sites kooky.

I had to stop reading after a couple of paragraphs as my eyes were starting to smoke.

Looking forward to seeing anyone top that.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Heres one more that I know of.

Anyone else got any... please

Bermuda Triangle Mystery here

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Two words:

David Icke.com.

Or is that three words ?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Great topic. I'm gonna addVigilant(e) Citizen, it's my absolute favourite grasping-at-straws site.

P.S. The guy is selling books!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ATS only fits the first of the criterion. The content is not pointless rambling with line-breaks, no commas and a pain to look at. And as far as I know, management isn't worried about being bugged.

There are horrible conspiracy websites like the one the OP pointed out. Also, the one that states the rapture is near. These are what he's talking about. There's no coherent design to these sites. It's just a never-ending block of informational text that makes no sense, and usually has religious overtones (mainly Christian-fundamentalist in nature). These sites crop up every now and then, but once their prediction fails to come to fruition they are quickly abandoned.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

hey i think another criteria to rate the websites could be "how insane are the conspiracies" hahaha

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not exactly a conspiracy site in the traditional sense (aside from his ongoing war with PepBoys over their use of the word future) but this always cracks me up:
Future Visionaries

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I guess I should have seen that one coming

I don't think the web design is bad, not TimeCube like certainly, I'm thinking of sites where you can barely get to the bottom of the page without you eyes catching fire

Heres my second entry to the list

Accept Jesus forever here

A person could have a seizure looking at that site! Holy crap! I can't believe someone could stay on that site long enough to see what it was about.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Wow that is some serious word pasta!
I can't even begin to read it

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These are from the "Paul is Dead" camp:

Confession from George Harrison

Identity of Fake Paul

Anatomical comparison of Paul vs Fake Paul

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Monsieur Neary]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Monsieur Neary]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Essentially, he tried to trademark the word "future" for the betterment of mankind (and himself) and has been trying to get people to give him money to enforce his trademark (which he did not, of course, receive, but that's beside the point :-)

Oh, and he has crazy inventions, like an inside out pizza.

Here's a video, at the very least watch the first 15 seconds for a laugh, and never mind all the birds in the background if you continue to watch :-)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Does having nutty people count? As nutty as some people are here, they aren't as half as nutty as some of the posters from GLP. At least that's what I've encountered with posters I've realized also visit GLP. It's like everyone from there is God/an alien/a spiritual guru/chased by many three letter agencies.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

An inside out pizza? Isn't that sort of like a calzone? Not very original.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oooh, how about kingmaker.net... ?

That web site hurts my eyes so much, I have no idea what they're even rambling about.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can't believe this only just occurred to me and can't believe no one's posted it yet - really is the most obvious one.

www.davidicke.com...

The Jesus Site should really come with a warning, but if I'm gonna think of Jesus, I'll take the psychedelic version.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder if there is some link between the number of animated gifs on a site and the craziness of the site that you could break down into an equation

Something like

Number of different font sizes + Number of Animated gifs - Number of Paragraph breaks = Crazy quotient

Someone should write a psychology paper about it

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Essentially, he tried to trademark the word "future" for the betterment of mankind (and himself) and has been trying to get people to give him money to enforce his trademark (which he did not, of course, receive, but that's beside the point :-)

Oh, and he has crazy inventions, like an inside out pizza.

Here's a video, at the very least watch the first 15 seconds for a laugh, and never mind all the birds in the background if you continue to watch :-)

I only watched the first 25 seconds or so of that video, but the first thing that popped into my mind was the "Prestige Worldwide" scene from the movie "Step Brothers"

Anyways, on topic.

This site has always been very weird and cryptic. There was a pretty big thread on ATS about it as well.

Debbiewins

ATS thread about site:

Hardcore Semi encrypted conspiracy site

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ZombieJesus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join