It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Burning Quran Endangers Troops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I live in west central Florida, and we dont have a burn warning right now. Just saying, it seems the only way to stop him, and a pathtic attempt at that. I do understand how some might believe it, but, nope, just an attempt at control. BTW, with the rain we've had the last three days not to mention 2 weeks ago, we are at a + on rain, but it's funny they forgot to mention that.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well heck man thats what this looked like to me right off the bat. A manufactured bunch of crap to force a look at the moral dilemma plus make all the necessary parties look like a-holes by wide brush.

And really if the money spent on these books would be better spent on the poor....why not let the muslims that want to build the NYCM take all that money and give it to the poor. This would mean so much more. Like they need another mosque in NYC. Make a dontation to the victims survivers.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Logarock

Speaking of coming out to fight why not man up and join the military, since you are once again just doing what you seem to be so critical of others for.

But hey you aren't hiding behind women and children, just the Internet!

Sorry pal I did my time. I was in back when the nuts blew up the american HQ in Beirut.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I live in west central Florida, and we dont have a burn warning right now. Just saying, it seems the only way to stop him, and a pathtic attempt at that. I do understand how some might believe it, but, nope, just an attempt at control. BTW, with the rain we've had the last three days not to mention 2 weeks ago, we are at a + on rain, but it's funny they forgot to mention that.

Do you own property, do you normally burn on your property?

It's up to the fire marshall, not the weatherman.

Florida has been in a state of drought by the way for years, read about Lake Ockeechobee sometime.

Trust me I have sat in a tent on some pretty cold and rainy nights where we would have all loved to have a fire, but it was no-burn by fire marshall decree.

Fact the permit was denied, fact you haven't applied for one, or know anyone else to apply for one in the same county, to know.

It's pretty easy to call the County Fire Marshall and find out by the way.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Actually his church is about 100 people, and most everyone else in town is pretty much against it.

This is key point. Had the media not chosen to broadcast the plans to the world, only about 100 people would have known about it. So, if anyone is endangered because of it, shouldn't the media take the majority of the blame?

My opinion is the guy is as big an idiot as Phelps and if the media would just ignore them, they would go away.

My final observation: For all those here who are advocating attacks on Americans, in retaliation for the burning of Qurans... How will you respond if, the next time some nimrod decides to urinate or smear excrement on a Christian symbol? How about if a group of Christians announces it will behead the nimrod and any cohorts? Who will you support then?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Nope, I don't burn on my property....I live on a nice little island that would frown upon that, but I will call the fire marshall in the morning.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by Logarock

Speaking of coming out to fight why not man up and join the military, since you are once again just doing what you seem to be so critical of others for.

But hey you aren't hiding behind women and children, just the Internet!

Sorry pal I did my time. I was in back when the nuts blew up the american HQ in Beirut.

Sure you did! Like I said man up if you are so gun ho.

When last I checked there was a civil war going on in Beiruit at that time, and the President quickly decided Lebanon is not actually part of the United States.

Now answer me this, if China set up a military base down the road from your house?

Are you really going to tell me you would be cool with that?

We run a military empire placing troops in well over 140 countries none of which they belong in. None of which are the United States.

What do you expect the local people to do, send flowers?

Our forefathers did not want us running a military empire because it costs a lot of money and breeds a lot of enemies. These are other people's nations not ours!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Nope, I don't burn on my property....I live on a nice little island that would frown upon that, but I will call the fire marshall in the morning.

The reality is you can't burn in too many places in Florida.

Try starting a bon-fire on Miami Beach and see how long that last.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is just a parallel to the N.Y. mosque... do they have the right to do it??? YES.
Should they do it??? NO.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Our forefathers did not want us running a military empire because it costs a lot of money and breeds a lot of enemies. These are other people's nations not ours!

well spoken.

burning the quran dose nothing but start make all americans look evil. just as 9/11 made all muslims look evil.

two wrongs do not make a right. has any of these men actually read the quran. if they did they would know these acts of terrorism is agaist the religion. you have to ask if its ok before you wage war in a land that is not yours. when you take revenge you have to kill just that man your after. not 10 of his freinds and family that have nothing to do with what he done to you.

the taliban probobly want to see these books burn. after all it helps in their recruitment process. just like the mosque ordeal.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I like my Koran much like I like my steak.....well done!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
This is key point. Had the media not chosen to broadcast the plans to the world, only about 100 people would have known about it. So, if anyone is endangered because of it, shouldn't the media take the majority of the blame?

I think the media should take more responsibility. If they want to broadcast something that could inflame a certain situation, they should think twice about what's more important: ratings or the life of people.

That guy in his little church in Florida is in my opinion as worse as an imam who calls on his followers to attack other religions/people.

Here in The Netherlands, we have a head of a political party,Geert Wilders, who is at the same level. He said that people should rip Qur'an's to pieces. He is advocating a view of Islam, which comes close to what the nazi-party had about Jews. What is frightning, a lot of people voted for his party. And guess what (for the people that don't already know), he's going to speak next saturday at the New York mosque protest. I think this will get a lot of media coverage, and polarises the current situation even more.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
While the Koran represents a failed and utterly demonic religion, burning the Koran should be done privately and not in a way that further antagonizes the poor demonized captives of Islam.

Moreover logically the act should only be done for each Koran in the possession of a former Muslim. In some cases though, one needs a token Koran in your home, so that you do not get arrested and persecuted by Muslim authorities.

Yes while the vitriol is being thrown at the Koran burners, in many countries not being a muslim and practicing christianity is a death sentence. Apparently many appeasers can't seem to understand the differences between our cultures.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

www.military.com

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan warned Tuesday an American church's threat to burn copies of the Muslim holy book could endanger U.S. troops in the country and Americans worldwide.

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Gen. David Petraeus said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

No, it's completely safe to burn their book.

But if you draw a picture of Mohammed (Who is an elite member of the Super Best Friends) then THAT will be their asses.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This just shouts "set up" to me...Both the Imam and and the leader of the Dove church in Florida look like Governmnet funded agents. I hope and pray they are not setting up a false flag event to blame on patriot groups or the Tea Party. Or maybe this is just to keep media attention fixed on this story and not the awakening to 9/11 truth and the fact that more than 1200 architects and engineers are demanding a new investigation to how the buildings collapsed in the fashion that they did. Especially bldg 7 considering it was never hit by a plane. After all Newscorp (Fox News) and its second largest shareholder is funding the NYC mosque.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

www.military.com

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan warned Tuesday an American church's threat to burn copies of the Muslim holy book could endanger U.S. troops in the country and Americans worldwide.

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Gen. David Petraeus said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think many people are missing a few big points here.
1. These individuals who want to destroy America because a few people in a small church, want to burn a few books. These same people burn US FLAGS on video quite often. Our (the US) response is not to tell these people to F OFF but to cow tow to them??? REALLY ??? So they get to dictate Constitutional Law in the US now so they don't "hate" us ????

2. This leads me to point 2. Should terrorists be able to dictate what happens in the US by using fear or any other method? If we tell this little church they can't burn the books or even suggest they shouldn't, we are allowing terrorists to dictate legal actions within the US. If we do this once, we will do this again.

Time to look at the big picture and take a stand people !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

And you call demonizing 30% of the world's population "standing up" for yourself?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by jfj123

And you call demonizing 30% of the world's population "standing up" for yourself?

and you call, "KILL ALL AMERICANS" acceptable? It's not about demonizing anyone...it's about FREEDOM and SELF DETERMINATION.

You are obviously suggesting that we cow tow to them right? If they are unhappy, we should ALWAYS do what they want to make them happy right?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Isn’t this all just a little to familiar with Hitler’s book burning efforts? I mean really? do we want to allow this to occur, regardless of what political msg it is sending?

Petraeus says this is a danger for the troops? That sounds like hitlerish talk for '' we must protect our citizens from the Jewish influence ''

If the government / police allow this to go ahead, its a tactic being influenced from a corporation or political line.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The government and police can't stop it, it's their right to burn these books. Kinda like it's the right of the muzzies to build their mosque. It's their right but it doesn't make it right........can't have the constitution only apply to muzzies......it' was never intended to be that way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join