It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO History From Aurora, TX 1897 to Rosewell, NM 1947 and Beyond - Government Lies Cover Up and proj

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Wher is that info coming from, dont you think that in 1897 a much better publicity story could have been hatched if they wanted attention??

It's been years since I looked into this, but I'm pretty sure it was a hoax.
I read this somewhere else, but you can see that Kevin Randle mentions it in his blog. kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

The original reporter Hayden wrote silly stuff like that and no one paid any attention to it until it was all forgotten.

The final, fatal blow for the airship and Aurora crash comes from the original reporter. H.E. Hayden, a stringer for the Dallas Morning News, who claimed to have invented the story in a vain attempt to put his dying community back on the map. He hoped to draw attention, and people, to Aurora, Texas. He was successful. The problem was that he succeeded sixty years too late and those who arrived only wanted to learn about the airship, not settle down to rebuild the community as he had hoped.
kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

I don't think a better publicity stunt would of worked because the town was practically destroyed. When spotted fever epidemic hit the town, they burned down most of the homes and threw away anything thought to be contaminated into the water wells and grave sites.

Also the town of Aurora is still around today - over 100 years later so i do not think they had any trouble keeping the town going....

Well sure the town is still around that's because it's located next to a big city, BUT during that time there was no jobs in that area and people feared they would get sick by going there, so it was practically abandoned.

Come on in that day and age, that would have been to much of a risk, too '' cooky '' to attempt as a publicity stunt, dont ya think?

You just descibed Hayden, he was a cooky guy who wrote and copied cooky newspaper stories. I'm sure there could of been an airship back in the 1800's but not in Aurora Tx, everything points to a hoax.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
According to Timothy Good and Donald Keyhoe, during the 1952 Washington DC sightings, some gigantic UFOs came down from space and hovered over the area at an altitude of 80,000 feet. Jets were sent up there after them but could not reach that height. A lot of intercepters were sent out after the UFOs at that time, and the head of Air Defense Command, Gen. Chidlaw, said they had lost many pilots and planes going after them.

Evidently Truman had issued orders to shoot them down, then called a meeting of the National Security Council, which launched a very major, secret UFO investigation. This was continued and expanded under Eisenhower, who had also seen UFOs during Operation Mainbrace in 1952, and it's probably still going on in one form or another.

Timothy Good stated that they had been able to shoot some down from time to time, but that the UFOs would of course retaliate in kind. The Brazilian UFO investigator, Dr. Fontes, was told in 1958 by some intelligence officers that six crashed UFOs had been recovered up to that time.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And here is a link to some Top Secret Air Force documents on UFOs, which do indeed exist but are very hard to get declassified. I think these were only released because they were from so long ago, but there are still many classifed UFO documents from even the 1940s.

www.project1947.com...

This is a 1976 CIA document about UFOs in American airspace, author and classification unknown, but probably from the Office of Scientific Investigations. It refers to Operation Majestic--the secret UFO investigation--and the fact that Need To Know, comparmentalized security classification was imposed on the UFO issue after the Roswell crash in 1947.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Thanks for the documents and info, i enjoyed reading the below link:

www.majesticdocuments.com...

And passed it on in the more recent about the new NBC series the event which looks at the UFO situation and the fact that the president is unaware of what has been happening. I gave you credit for the docs though

Here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
2011 Update -

I am working on Roswell and also the 1941 incident at Cape Girardeau, Missouri ( thanks to shasta9600 for pointing out the Missouri crash
)

Looking forward to finally updating this thread

I may also re-post the entire thread again with all topics covered in sucession so keep your eyes out, it shouldnt be too long now.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join