It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happpens to you if/when Abrahamic faiths are proven to be true?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Well i'd be much the same person i am today, skeptical with reason, happy, loving, sharing.

I'm not a homosexual myself but if was proved that the bible was his true words (Old Testament and New) then i would still resent God for the awful things he has said and done, for turning us into grovelling, worshipping people also. For demanding respect without giving it. The good things stated in doctrines do not leave the bad things that were said without question.

If God turns out to be Bhudda, i'd be a lot more happier with the result of the evidence. Again the evidence would have to be irrefutable, proving the doctrines to be word for word the true of words and desires of this God. Also, and obviously demonstrating or recording that there is a higher power/entity/being that created the unvierse.

edit on 10/9/10 by awake_and_aware because: additions

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by 547000

I guess you do 547000 due to your experience, what was he or IT like? See, I'm interested.

In my experience it was pure love and light. I don't believe God would judge as harshly as people say He would. I would believe nothing of the Christian faith if my experiences didn't include those components. Pastors often speak of Hell, but I kind of can't make up my mind, because the love was so intense, I wouldn't think the being we call God would even make such a place. But then, why would the crucifixion be an important event? Why would Jesus be sent, and what is He saving us from? I don't swallow easily all the mainstream doctrines, but I feel it would be arrogant to say they are false, because maybe God loves us and wants to save us all, but His justice for reasons I cannot fathom requires Hell. I don't know, man. I can just say the love and light was so intense, there's nothing in the world I can compare it to.

edit on 10-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

ahhh pure love and light? Light from the son, light in your mind? who knows, lets just keep it vague at "Love" and "Light".

Anyway, i'm sure i experienced exactly that on Ecstasy.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

It's as simple as this, provide me empiral evidence and validation of any abrahamic religion and i will cease to be an Atheist.

It really is as simple as that.

A Quote:
"And it is We who have built the universe with (Our creative) power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."

So The Qur'an, recited by Muhammad between 610-632AD, said that the Universe is expanding!
And the accepted 'expanding universe' theories from einstein, hubble, et al; are from what date (1920's)?
(note: the quran remains unchanged since it's recitation - early copies are out there in museums. and, there is only one arabic version - though various translations into english.)

Does that give you enough/any interest to at least read and research a bit more into an Abrahamic religion?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by 547000

ahhh pure love and light? Light from the son, light in your mind? who knows, lets just keep it vague at "Love" and "Light".

Anyway, i'm sure i experienced exactly that on Ecstasy.

No drugs involved, sorry buddy. Just the same thing people from all cultures say that you overlook because it hasn't happened to you. When it happens to you there is no way you can mistake it with something in your mind. It's a definite presence you can feel. Just as real as you or me, if not more real.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Look in history for a man named Zartosht.

The very basis for these monotheistic religions came to be through him. Of course most people don't like to be reminded of actual history. They like to believe in books and stories written down by slave owning genocidal maniacs, but hey...whatever floats your boat, for now.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, we'll see. It's my own personal experience against your own disbelief. If there is a God, and it's not the one revealed to me, I still have an excuse. If God doesn't care whether you believe or not, I still win. If there is no God, then I still win, because death is the ending. I didn't need years of meditation; I just sought Him with all my heart and found Him.

And I know of Zoroastrianism too.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don´t have any disbelief regarding your experiences. I know people have these experiences all across the globe, depending on where on the globe one says it´s jesus, the other buddha, another one allah, and another one jehova. Though, the experiences remain the same, regardless of God or religion!

I don´t really get what you say on the other hand. You don´t need to excuse yourself from believing and if something you believed all your life proves to be false there is no winning involved I´d say.

Zoroastrian-ISM? That's not what I'm talking about. But funny you mention it, since I guess it is not an Abrahamic religion(or religion for that matter) and since it is the basis for the Abrahamic religions...how do you cope with that?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I see that it influenced what became of the Abrahamic faiths. Maybe Zoroaster did have a revelation of God similar to other people who have revelations of God. He certainly did have an immediate change of mind that most of his contemporaries disagreed with. I find it pretty cool that they believed in a savior who would resurrect the dead, which many Jews at the time did not believe, but Christians did believe.

Simple, if God really does judge whether you believe what they say you have to believe, I can simply say I sought Him with all my heart and found which path was right for me. I was not raised in a Christian background either.

And why do people keep assuming this thread is trying to prove the Abrahamic faiths, when the question is what you would do if one of the three is proven to be true?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

But there's the catch, one can't be true without the other one being true either. That's why I personally believe that none of them have it correct all the way. And since they mixed their "religious" laws with the laws of that time(as to not step on toes) it becomes really clear really quick that it's a pyramid scheme to hoard money, designed for social control.

The question is irrelevant since it's not thought through well enough. Don't your holy Abrahamic religions dictate what happens to believers/non believers? So in reality you are asking people to recite the bible, qu'ran or Torah. Why

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Since many people have posed this question in the other thread, I figured I might as well make this thread. Suppose you had a time machine that goes back and discover many of the biblical histories are true, saw that the Jews were visited by a God, that there was a man named Jesus who did do miraculous things like raise the dead, or saw Mohammed actually being visited by an angel. Or perhaps God actually came to you and said that they were real. What would happen to you and society as a whole if it was proven that it was true?

In the interest of fairness, let's turn the question around on you, OP.

Suppose you had a time machine and you went back and discovered that none of the biblical histories are true as they were written - there was no burning bush, Moses and the other elders came up with the ten commandments on their own; Jesus didn't perform any miracles, he was just a political activist who had some sound moral philosophies; the flood wasn't a world spanning event, it was relatively localized and the only livestock Noah had on his big boat was his own? Would you accept the complete and total lack of evidence as the truth or would you continue to insist that, even though you had been mislead by scripture, there was still a God?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

This thread is a response to that thread, so just look at the forum carefully.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Why is the question irrelevant? Many claimed they would turn their backs to God if it were proven it was the God of these faiths if one was proven true. What would you do if you it was proven to you that Yahweh/Allah was God and/or Jesus was either a real prophet or really His Son?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Since faith is an individual thing, unique to an individual... Your premise is being proven on a daily basis to each and every person who believes. What else truly matters?

I have faith in God, though not strictly Abrahamic, it is influenced by it. Just as my faith is influenced by other factors as well.

People come to their own conclusions in their own time and ways. Truth doesn't come in one size fits all, it comes in a rather motley assortment of colors and shapes. No one of them any more "true" than the next. The sooner some come to that realization, the better off for all of us.

Thus ends today's sermon.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Okay.

Now that we got that done and over with, what would you do IF you had proof--personal proof, doesn't matter--that one of those three religions was correct? Will you say, "Well, God sucks" and turn your back to Him? Would you worship Him? Would you freak out? What?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I already believe that God, Abraham's version with subtle differences, exists...it would be a confirmation, of sorts, that's all.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh okay. Sorry if I seemed mad at you. It's just that so many people would rather discuss the existence rather than just answer the question.

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PROVING IT'S TRUE, BUT JUST ASKING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF IT WAS PROVEN TRUE.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
We can only go on what we are given! Those "times" were times when God was active in the lives of those who wrote the original Texts, or for that matter by those that utilized "oral tradition" in their history until it was finally written. God was an active participant and then suddenly God abandoned us, not only God but also the Angels and the Demons supposedly disappeared into our past. Aside from the occasional 'Seer' or the small miracles that abound, most people agree that God is not active in our lives.

Yet, I personally don't think that is the case at all, and I don't think that the Gods or the God of antiquity are GOD. They are simply the Lords Above, they are our Creators. The story I have interpreted is that they have Governed us in our Creation for a purpose, but that purpose has also become lost. If they left us to our own devices, and they plan to return, chances are they do not even know what has become of us in all of this time. Likely the Highest Lord relied on the Lessor Lords to do his bidding, the Lessor Lord wanting to free themselves of this burden created our current "land-lords", and they managed the Farm from that point through Family Lines. So to them God is Active in our lives through them, but to us we are Awaiting the Return of Our Lord and Saviour, as it has been promised throughout His-story. .

So to me the Stories, all of them, are a basis in Truth and we are just Property. As to whether we are even worthy of such a title is yet to be seen. They might have to do a bit of "culling" to clean up this mess!

To keep it real I think that if we find out that the Abrahamic Faiths are True then there is going to be a "Whole Lot of Spankin' going on".

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you were addressing little ol' me? Not mad. Not even remotely. If you weren't? Nevermind.

This is an interesting thread. I hope it keeps going.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No, I was mad. Many people seem to just dodge the question instead of answer it, which is what this thread is about.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join