It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO Footage -- Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

I don't know what to make of this footage, I just found it stumbling and was surprised I had to seen it before.

I'm sure it's fake really, all CGI, but really good CGI. My friend thinks it's the real deal, and we have no way of proving each other wrong.

Anybody else seen it?

I figure the more knowledgeable members would pick it apart.

If this has been debunked, I'd love to see the evidence from another thread.

The name was generic so ATS search didn't really help.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

[edit on 9/7/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cool vid...Had to repl before watching it fully..
Buuuuut, in my book, if it sound too good to be true.
It proboby is....

If you can find several INDEPENDENT movies of the SAME
object, maybe photos...

Hmmm...Naaaa, i dont know...

PS: sure looks like Independance day Ships....

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Miccey]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Cool video but it is a hoax. Where was everyone else when this UFO came down? lol

Second line.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thats a good point..

However, im specifically looking for evidence that debunks the footage itself.

If it's fake there is certainly a way to prove it, by pointing out some flaw in the footage.

Personally I think the whole beam into the ground does it for me..

~Keeper

[edit on 9/7/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is CGI. There are some obvious give-aways. Like the the way the leaves are attached to the tree branches. And the branches themselves.

Unfortunately I cannot post images of the areas where I can point this out.

I DO have a pretty good working knowledge of several CGI aplications. And this looks very much like it was generated using VUE.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's some damn good CGI is what it is, very well produced, especially the first two. I wouldn't be surprised if its someone working in the film biz just having some fun.

Unfortunately, these days, without some sort of other corroborating evidence - witnesses, original emulsion film or photos, reports of some sort or another, you have to assume it's CGI. The good stuff can be done so well - even by non-pros if they are talented enough - that one can't really tell, especially in something like a YouTube video, where the image gets degraded on upload/conversion.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
well if you lock at the lightnings in the starte that comes from they look very fake to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is discussed and debunked here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
check post by freelance_zenarchist
and
www.youtube.com...

Q. In the first part I see entire tree tops apparently being moved, caught on the craft and moved to the right. I wonder how they get that effect?

A. Oh. Thanks vertecles

[edit on 7-9-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see higher quality images. I'm not convinced about the CGI thingh, though. If it is, it's high budget. Look at it again and again. The trees are all different. The way the light falls on them and changes as the object changes direction (first part of the clip) is impressive. Highly detailed. Around the time of the lightning, if you look at the trees, they look identical at first glance, but are actually quite different. The bottom branch comes out at the same place and goes in the same direction. Yet they are not copies.
Branches grow in a specific direction because of sunglight. This is a detail which would escape almost any CGI artist.

If it's CGI, it's amazing.

As for the last clip, it says that it's from 1968, then a film version should exist. If we were able to see that, then we'd know better as film is much more difficult to hoax than digital.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

In the first part I see entire tree tops being moved, pulled, caught on the spacecraft and moved to the right. How do they get that effect?

There is a wind system built into VUE. It's very easy to simulate wind/tree movement.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I remember seeing this on youtube a couple years ago. It was an effects test for a web series the author was working on. Can't remember the name of the series else I would find the link for you. I think the premise was about two special forces survivors of an alien attack. It was interesting how it was filmed. The entire story unfolds through the view of a camcorder as one our the other record trying to keep a record off what had happened.

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Tothetenthpower.....

That is some of the brilliantly imaginative work done by Manbird, who is a member of ATS.

Manbird has made a whole series of these UFO 'invasion" movies.

I think he is very talented!

If I get a few minutes free in a little while, I will find some links to his work for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Two things:

There doesn't appear to be much tree movement later in the first part, I would think something that massive and that low to the ground would produce enormous air displacement.

In the second part, someone is saying "we're going into a populated area now", yet if something like this really happened in a populated area with the number of likely witnesses, it would dwarf the impact of the Phoenix Lights event, which was all over the news. Yet nothing similar happened with this supposed occurrence.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

They are all done by me, and fake. I use Digital Fusion, Acad, Adobe AE, Sony Vegas, Lightwave 3D, Visual FX lab and 3DMax

From Manbord12000's Youtube channel comments.

The guy openly admits time and time again that he is a video artist who purposefully puts forward hoaxes to test his skills. He also mentions what software he uses in his comments sometimes and is trying to compose a full film from his footage.

Had you Googled Los Roques UFO you would have found this easily enough.

The YouTube user you have posted from has just reuploaded the video and not provided any information about it - typical believer attitude, same as not researching something before asking everyone else to do it for you.

Time waster extraordinaire thread here - a big yawn and a tiny tear for the potential of humanity from me.

Oh, don't thank me - I prefer to waste my time without thanks. Feel free to bundle on plenty of teh evilz sceptic comments though - they make it all worthwhile - gotta get your kicks from something around here.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

lol, it is good CGI if home made..
I'm no expert but in the first clip, when it goes past the trees, the centre light shines through..Its realistic except if you notice the tree that should be in shadow is actually the brightest part..Almost like an xray..

Good stuff though..I agree, maybe some film maker having some fun..

s&f for the entertainment..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
It would be interesting to see higher quality images. I'm not convinced about the CGI thingh, though. If it is, it's high budget. Look at it again and again. The trees are all different. The way the light falls on them and changes as the object changes direction (first part of the clip) is impressive. Highly detailed. Around the time of the lightning, if you look at the trees, they look identical at first glance, but are actually quite different. The bottom branch comes out at the same place and goes in the same direction. Yet they are not copies.
Branches grow in a specific direction because of sunglight. This is a detail which would escape almost any CGI artist.

If it's CGI, it's amazing.

As for the last clip, it says that it's from 1968, then a film version should exist. If we were able to see that, then we'd know better as film is much more difficult to hoax than digital.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate. You obviously do not know much about CGI at all. And...you did not read the post directly above your own which contains direct links to the original artists youtube page.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Edit: I see rusethorcain and others already posted that it was debunked while I was writing this but am posting anyway.

I'm not an expert but here's some items that make it an unreal CGI for me. Tree movement doesn't look real. When the ship passes the sun the lighting doesn't look correct. When the craft with the light gets near the ground I would expect to see different lighting effects with the trees and ground. I also wouldn't expect the camera to pick up such a bright light without any camera artifacts, lens or refracting issues or overexposure of the CCD. The "wash out" of excessive lighting from the beam clearly doesn't look correct as it would if it was actually filmed instead of created. The passing car looks CGI and is passing in the opposite direction of travel of the car filming the craft, yet the fake looking, with no writing highway signs make me believe it's meant to be a highway with multiple lanes traveling in the same direction. At 2:09 there appears to be strange overlay or something of the saucer shape that's perpendicular to the craft. The archived footage appear to be of very similar quality of the rest of the footage. There's some sound in the archived footage that doesn't appear to travel in the direction of the footage but rather remains stationary in the center of the sound field. That's my take.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vertecles

I spent 16 years as a graphics designer; I know a lot more than you think. I also know exactly what type of details artists tend to miss; this guy is amazing.

As for the post directly above mine; the guy must have been posting same time as me.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Really?

That's interesting, I would enjoy the links actually.

Some people on this thread take this forum too seriously me thinks..

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This looks like the trailer to PLANET X RETURNS!

Excellent CGI work, in the last cut I don't think the traffic would be flowing along at a steady speed. The camera shook a bit, but the UFO was steady.

That was really good though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join