It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starsky directed Running Man?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm having a bit of a childhood revival at the moment and rewatching some of the shows I grew up watching, Starsky And Hutch being one of them. I searched IMDb for Paul Michael Glaser to see what he did after playing Starsky and discvered that he was the director of The Running Man starring the Austrian king of one liners and bad state management himself, Mr Schwarznegger.

So, this thread's all about surprising achievements and appearances. For example, another boxed set I bought was the greatest tv show on earth (from the UK anyway, in my humble opinion) The Professionals, and in it appear several well known faces such as Charles Dance as a South African hitman and Geoffrey the butler from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, and a young Alice Kreig, the Trekkies amongst you will know her as the Borg Queen from First Contact...

But my favourite discovery and I'm slightly ashamed to admit this being such a HUGE fan of the film, was Josh Brolin of No Country For Old Men and W fame played Mikey's older brother Brandon in The Goonies (THE best kids film ever made).

Anyone else found any surprising discoveries?

Sendran.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
One that was surprising to me, was after watching "Being John Malkovich", I went on-line to read a bit more about who made it, who starred etc, and realized it was Cameron Diaz. I was also quite surprised at how different they made John Cusack look too.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
King of the Hill always had some pretty interesting guest appearances:

wapedia.mobi...

And The Simpsons, as well:

en.wikipedia.org...

-TheAssoc.

join