It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if string theory is correct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
one more possible theory on what exactly will happen in 2012 is described in string theory.

in the M theory the universe is described as being on a membrane, one of many, and possibly a singularity would occur if membranes meet, seens as theres no way of knowing when membranes would meet as we cannot detect alternative universes this could happen at any time, such as 2012.

nobody knows what will happen if this event occured really, but i dont imagine the result would ever end favourbly for planet earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The same way people twist Christianity to fit in with current science, people will find ways to twist 2012 into current science.

Its nuts, and please use proper grammar when making threads.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Segador]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the fact that people find it nessasary to seperate god from science is partially nuts really. Why the strict line, science may mearly be gods tool.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

seens as theres no way of knowing when membranes would meet as we cannot detect alternative universes this could happen at any time

You gave right there why it wouldn't fit the 2012 scenario. There is no way of knowing, so Mayans wouldn't have known either.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
that is making the assumption that myans actually made the 2012 predictions themselves. who knows how they obtained knowledge of all the planets of our solar system 2000 years before we did, i personally dont think they did it themselves

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

Either way, whoever "made" this "prediction" -- you said accurately that there is no way to know if/when two Branes will collide. So there really is NO connection to 2012--a SET date.
Personally I don't think anything will happen in 2012, but that is neither here nor there.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
The same way people twist Christianity to fit in with current science, people will find ways to twist 2012 into current science.

Its nuts, and please use proper grammar when making threads.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Segador]

Was that even necessary to add to this thread?

I find people very strange indeed.

new topics

top topics

join