It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Poll: GOP's midterm advantage is growing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes thats agreat idea. Lets vote the republicans in so they can have their turn at destroying the country. The democrats probaly could use a break. Then 4 years from now when everybody hates the republicans, we can vote the democrats back in. Then in 4 years, well you know what to do. Kind of like pro wrestling don't you think. I think we need to vote them all out and start over.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have to wonder if it's too late and the economy will collapse no matter who is in office.
Maybe it would be the best thing for us, I don't know if I truly believe that but things are such a terrible mess already.

Thanks
sl

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

"GOP leads the Democrats by 7 points on the "generic ballot" question"

Not sure if this poll is relevant. Generic Ballot?

The problem is that the GOP has nominated some theoretically unelectable folks. I say theoretically because you never know...part of the GOP strategy has been to encourage stupidity amongst it's voters..

Don't trust the Media...they all lie...except for Fox.

Thinking is for "Liberal Elites"

Being informed is for Commies! ..Education...bad.

So with no "Right" way for the conservative congregation to find the facts out..it's possible that voters will just vote as they are told to by Fox and not vett thier candidates...but I still hold out hope that Americans are brighter than that.

"Generic Ballot" does not equal actual Nominees

Wingnut GOP nominees may give Dems a break

The Republican Party's candidate for governor of Colorado believes that bicycle paths are "part of a greater strategy to rein in American cities under a United Nations treaty." The party's Senate candidate in Nevada wants to privatize Medicare and Social Security - and has called for the United States to withdraw from the U.N. And the GOP's Senate candidate in Connecticut once climbed into a professional wrestling ring and kicked a man in the crotch.

I could go on, but you get the point. Democrats may be facing a tough fight this fall, but the GOP is giving them plenty to work with.

azstarnet.com...

Calif. GOP primary winners look headed for defeat
www.washingtonpost.com...

Are eccentric candidates hurting the GOP?
theweek.com...

Meet The CO GOP's Nominees: Two Newbie, Gaffe-Prone Tea Partiers
tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

We will see...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes, very interesting that it appears voters want to throw a bunch of democrats out of office after less than two years of obama's "reign" due mostly to the economy.

I recall many here complaining about Bush's last four years, and using that as some kind of justification and blame for what has happened under obama.

The thing to recall is that democrats controlled congress during Bush's last term and through obama's first (and only?) term. Also recall that it is congress that spends the money.

So, the reality is that the economy tanked after democrats took control of congress, and the voters are realizing that . Blaming Bush for the economy is nothing but democrat straw man tactics at its worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yep that Tea Party Movement was all a big conservative lie. Independents my behind! All the Tea Party Movement is, is a giant GOP/FOX News idiot trap, and it worked like a charm grabbed up all these moronic easily confused masses who saw the Democrats as destroying their America (thanks Glenn Beck)

Even if your premise were true, which it is not, the obvious answer is SO WHAT?

What's stopping you enlightened liberals from creating your own grassroots org? Nah, it's way beyond your skills. Much easier for you to sit back and whine about other's attempts to do something. Wallow in your fear that they might succeed.

Whiny liberals.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The polls never favor an anonymous generic ballot for either side. Once names are added to both sides of the ballot the race will go back to a 50/50 tie with a margin of +/-3%.

And since people are talking about jobs this admin has created plenty of jobs... GOVERNMENT JOBS that will not last and are only paid for by printing money or collecting taxes from the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
And since people are talking about jobs this admin has created plenty of jobs... GOVERNMENT JOBS that will not last and are only paid for by printing money or collecting taxes from the rest of us.

Yes, GOVERNMENT JOBS. High paying jobs, nearly double what the private sector earns, with excellent benefits. Jobs meant to secure the worker's vote for years to come.

Unnecessary jobs, redundant work.

Those need to be cut out of the budget first. A 20% reduction to start with.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Enough with all this craziness.

What we should do is tax the living daylights on the poor and cut taxes for the rich. IF the poor won't pay...we'll just let them die.

F 'em right? I don't care if they are Americans...even though I pretend to love my country...i still hate half of the people in it.

/end sarcasm.

edit on 10-9-2010 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So, the reality is that the economy tanked after democrats took control of congress, and the voters are realizing that . Blaming Bush for the economy is nothing but democrat straw man tactics at its worst.

Democrats in "name" only. It's the "Blue Dog"...or as i like to call them...CORPORATE DEMOCRATS....that have watered down and destroyed any legitimate legislation. That's the reason there is no public option.

Anyway...now that Dems only have 59 votes in the Senate...the Reps can filibuster EVERYTHING....and they will. If they want something to go through...they can let one lone Republican...usually scott brown or another Rep in a liberal leaning state...to vote for it while the rest pander to their base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join