It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former North Korea soldiers form group to topple regime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well one might stop listening to BS rhetoric and start reading all sources of news both pro and con and you'll quickly find out why his people are starving. He spends the bulk of his country's limited wealth on weapon systems with which he threatens his neighbors with.

Well if the US didn't have a military base in South Korea and Japan then lil Kimmie wouldn't have anything to worry about.. Not to mention the sanctions, so when people say US is the root of all evil, it is, because it wants to dominate the world

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do you actually believe half the crap that you throw around on this website?

-On Topic-

Good. Kim needs to go. If his own people really dont want him in there, and are willing to go to such great lengths to get rid of him, than who am I to say they are wrong for doing so? Especially when the man running NK
is running around threatening nations that will wipe him out within seconds.
Im SURE that his own people in NK really appreciate the fact that Kim puts their lives in danger everytime he opens his mouth instead of trying to work with other nations. The only foreign policy I hear/see from this regime is "death to america". Not a really good foreign policy if you ask me.

When your own military is comming after you as a sitting commander, you
know your days are numbered as a leader.

Now, if we can only get that to happen here in the states.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Funny how you don't have the guts to face me in a debate instead just pulled that sentence out of your ass..

What was the point of that sentence if you won't try to refute my statements which you think it BS, or completely ignorant, or completely Blues Clues..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Like everything you hear always take it with a pinch of salt but they are usually pretty good with their news that was under their breaking news section so don't know how long it has been known.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

are you sure they are monitoring all bands of radio, do they check all the mail that enters the country. Could they have a tunnel there can be so many possabilities to what they are doing don't under estimate determination especially if you have been lied to all your life.

Think about how all you Americans are acting over certain things you have been lied too from your government and how pissed you were. Now imagine whats happening over there pissed off people will eventually try to overturn government.

Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Well yes I guess there are possibilities, but the reality is communications are monitored very closely, and with this latest southern-produced propaganda, I imagine they will be monitoring communications and any comings and goings even more closely.

If this new group in the south truly had any ongoing ties, announcing them and drawing attention to those ties is not the smartest course of action I wouldn't have thought. My guess is they have few if any ongoing means of communication, and this is just a psychological warfare type of thing to try and destabalize.

I'm not American by the way, but don't forget propaganda goes both ways.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Like Mdv2 already said, what's the point of making public their covert action ?

Why do they launch a PR operation ? There is a teasing and everything, we *will* publish a recording, stay tuned ladies and gentlemen !

Will they ask for money now ?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

yeah very true and figured you weren't American by the name sounds like a place in west oz from old twiggy's land.

Just wonder if they announced it just to see what he would do or see what he is monitoring and they haven't explained all details just what they have done and when something may happen next. I hope they succeed as he does need to be gone.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Last I heard it was the US who was implementing sanctions against N-Korea, not Kimmy therefore the starving people of N-Korea stand far more to gain from pointing their middle finger towards the US, just like many other countries who are..

You’re so right, it’s common knowledge that they love having chemical and biological weapons tested on them if they sneeze on a picture of Kim Jong Il or use a newspaper with him on it as a blanket. The forced labour camps are great exercise and not being fed is so slimming, they look great! Having babies stamped to death seconds after they are born saves a lot of money in birthday presents. Etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
200 ex-soldiers this article claims? North Korea has a conscription army that is reported to be capable of numbering 9.6 to 10.6 million strong.

Obviously they can't field 10 million soldiers at once but this is a country with a third of their population trained and fit for combat. Half of these conscripts are women too, anybody on here ever fight against women before? No wonder why nobody has picked a fight with them in the last fifty years.

These 200 ex-NK soldiers better be good because I don't think they stand much of a chance in my opinion, especially for treason against North Korea

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Common Good

Funny how you don't have the guts to face me in a debate instead just pulled that sentence out of your ass..

What was the point of that sentence if you won't try to refute my statements which you think it BS, or completely ignorant, or completely Blues Clues..

There is no debate when all you do is scream USA did it USA did it at every given oppourtinity.

When will you realize not everything bad in this world is caused by the USA boogeyman?

[edit on 6-9-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

There is a cloudbreak in west Oz, but it's a mine...the real one is in Fiji.

As you say I am sure there are details not said, just as there are details added which may not be true...such is the nature of propaganda. Who knows what will happen next, but my feeling is this new group won't really have much sway, that is all.

I'd rather just see a peaceful succession of power to the younger son, and as this guy was educated in Switzerland and seems to be rather more open to the western way in general, this may be the best way towards denuclearization of the peninsula, more open communications and trade and general peace.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by cloudbreak]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

There is no debate when all you do is scream USA did it USA did it at every given oppourtinity.

When will you realize not everything bad in this world is caused by the USA boogeyman?

Exactly, you just prove me right, instead of proving me wrong.

What an embarrassment of a tool..

Usually tools at least defend themselves and claim they are not tools.. You are a proud tool.. You are probably one of those individual who actually believed Mr. Saddam Hussein was related to Al-Qaeda..

WOW, congratulation

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Your view is ridiculously one-sided. First of all, sanctions against North Korea are not exclusively a result of US policy. Russia and Japan, as well as South Korea, each have their own very rational reasons to be wary of North Korea, not all or even most of which have to do with the US per se.

Secondly, starvation in North Korea is a complex issue and is not a simple result of US or any other nation's sanctions. The Korean pinnensula is very thin-soiled, and it has managed on its own to thow the Korean people into famine many times over the last 4,000 years of recorded history. Extremely poor distribution and logistics (read: corruption at all levels) has plagued the agricultural situation in North Korea for decades, with cadres and those higher-up scamming the good stuff long before it gets down to the poeple. This is a venerable North Korean tradition going deep into the glorious decades of the good old cold-war days, long before sanctions were even an issue.

Here's an interesting tidbit you may or may not know...despite the sanctions, in the worst parts of the 1990s famine the US and other nations dropped food supplies in North Korea purely for humanitarian reasons. The North Korean government, ashamed to lose face in this way, then told the people in their propaganda that the food drops were not humanitarian aid but really "reparations" extracted by the clever North Koreans against their "enemies" who sent "tribute" because they "trembled in fear" of the great DPRK. A charming group indeed; perfectly ugly individuals always manage to screw things up with or without external complications.

[edit on 9/7/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Doesn't really make sense to announce such plans, now does it?

I was thinking the same thing .
Perhaps this is nothing more than a Psch-Op .
To destabilise Kim Jong ill grasp on power and sew seeds of doubt and paranoia .

[edit on 7-9-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Famine mixed with Sanction = Starvation..

America knows pretty well about the agriculture and weather of the nation, I don't think you can deny that..

For you to claim there is sanctions because nations have the right to be scared, that is a lolible comment, because if that statement was to be true, the world should be sanctioning the US, that means every nation in this world. That being said, you have got it complete wrong, the fact that empires run the world, small independent countries are not tolerated, Iran was one of those independent countries which grew stronger over the years through the sanctions and US orchestrated war.

The political dynamic is, that you're with us or against us, especially if you don't have anything rich to offer, and if you do, you better have the means to defend it, or you'll be with us..

If you are not part of the empire, there doesn't need to be an excuse for sanctions/nor any threats, the fact that you're not part of the empire, is the soul excuse needed. Look at Iran for example.

So you are with us, or against us is the policy, this policy was exposed once, when General Musharaf famously tried to defend his own policies by exposing this.

I have been around propaganda enough to know how it is compiled then shoved down our throats.

nothing new

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Your reductionist desire to blame America for everything blinds you to internal factors within North Korea. Which is a shame, because in so doing so, you are thinking one-dimensionally (only taking one set of factors into account, however valid your observations about such factors may happen to be). And one-dimensional, unilateral, and reductive perspectives are what ultimately characterize the simplistic, black-and-white, with-us-or-against-us mentality you have critized America for embodying.

And your lack of knowledge regarding Northeast Asian regional politics, international relations, and history is regrettable; otherwise you might realise the complexity with which the countries there interact with each other, above and beyond their interactions involving the United States. In so doing, you both cartoonify an incredibly complex situation and slight the countries involved by suggesting that they all dance like puppets to the strings pulled by America, which is insulting and simply not true.

Regards,

Silent Thunder

edit on 9/9/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

If a country ever needed "regime change", North Korea would be the poster child.

To be clear, not suggesting the U.S. get involved in another of these, but would cheer the Korean people doing this on their own.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Well one might stop listening to BS rhetoric and start reading all sources of news both pro and con and you'll quickly find out why his people are starving. He spends the bulk of his country's limited wealth on weapon systems with which he threatens his neighbors with.

Well if the US didn't have a military base in South Korea and Japan then lil Kimmie wouldn't have anything to worry about.. Not to mention the sanctions, so when people say US is the root of all evil, it is, because it wants to dominate the world

So you think North Korea invaded the South to remove non existant US bases in South Korea? As for the op I do not expect to see these guys get the support of the South or the US. The amount of money and resources needed to help the North would be massive and more than anyone would want to pay.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

OK let's get the politics of that area so we can both understand the place better.

Japan is part of the US empire, you will deny it so I'll claim that US dropped two atom bombs and took over Japan in WWII, therefore it is an American territory.

Korea, the whole of Korea was part of Japan, when US took over Japan, US basically inherited Korea, but to build trust between USSR and USA, the US gave the north under USSR control, and the South under US control (the 38 parallel border or some thing), therefore created the division which exists up to day, because north and south had two different systems, with two different ideologies. So look at where the problem started from because that is called the cause. The effect can be seen up to today, but if you want to find a solution, what needs to happen and really, this needs to happen, the US needs to F off and go back to America. The problem is, the Global Agenda of US won't allow that, it wants to dominate the whole earth, well I don't have a problem with that, the problem is, others do, and don't hate them for having that problem, for having the balls to stand up against American expansionism.

So again, when people say the US is an evil empire, it stands corrected. From the beginning to the end, the US has been involved

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join