It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former North Korea soldiers form group to topple regime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Former North Korea soldiers form group to topple regime

www.perthnow.c om.au

SCORES of former North Korean soldiers who defected to South Korea said today they will form a group aimed at toppling the regime with the help of soldiers still serving under Kim Jong-Il.

200 ex-soldiers will launch the NK People's Liberation Front on Thursday, the group's secretary general Jang Ce-Yul said.

"We still stay in touch with many of our former colleagues in the military, and many of them are fully aware they can't survive long under Kim Jong-Il's regime," said Jang, who defected two years ago.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thought some may like to read this might be something to watch will the South join forces or will another country help lets see what happens in the very near future.

Would like to see what others thoughts are on this and what they think will happen. Haven't really followed much of what happens in that part of the world but believe this could be significant in future events.

www.perthnow.c om.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is big news! How legit is this website with news? Can you imagine these guys working for the CIA and then renewing the Koran War? Remember the Bay of Pigs anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Desperate attempt by the US to take down N-Korea..

Another war with millions of deaths is what the US is pursuing

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As Obi-Wan says ... I have a bad feeling about this ...
Every time somebody forms an military-in-exile group like this it always seems to lead to war and atrocities ..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is big news! How legit is this website with news? Can you imagine these guys working for the CIA and then renewing the Koran War? Remember the Bay of Pigs anyone?

Yeah ok.

Bay of pigs

OK enough already. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Sigh, here we go again.

Where's my hip-waders?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yeah ok.

Bay of pigs

OK enough already. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Sigh, here we go again.

Where's my hip-waders?

Wait? What happened? Did I say anything to make you laugh?
I'm confused now!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Too bad we cant do this here in america to our own governement,a nd city politicians
really we shuold or at leat start thining about it

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Being in a country neighboring the Koreas, I can only hope that this article is incorrect. Any overthrow attempt would result in Kim losing that last fragment of sanity he has, and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat (and unfortunately, this spoiled brat has some very dangerous "toys" to throw around). Keeping my fingers crossed.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3warped3
Being in a country neighboring the Koreas, I can only hope that this article is incorrect. Any overthrow attempt would result in Kim losing that last fragment of sanity he has, and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat (and unfortunately, this spoiled brat has some very dangerous "toys" to throw around). Keeping my fingers crossed.

You mean like the US throwing nukes at Japan..

You are naive and a very gullible person who has fallen for Western propaganda which is paid by American TAX Payers at least 1 billion a year. Radio Free Asia is part of that propaganda machine

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 3warped3

Very insightful post.

Yeah he has been threatening his neighbors for decades. Now when some of his own people decide that hey are willing to go back to their HOME country to finally do something about him you'll see all the nutcase squirrels come out of their holes and toss nuts everywhere.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's about damn time...

Well this is the first group like this I've ever heard about.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Doesn't really make sense to announce such plans, now does it?
second line.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Youll take any chance you can get to take a swipe at the US wont you? I often wonder if you live in the US.......

At any rate, there are countries that stand far more to gain throwing Kimmie out than the US, mainly its own starving people...........

This thread isnt about the U.S , so take youre anti American rhetoric to a different thread.....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Actually, I listen more to the news broadcast by the country I live in than to US news. And I can (and have) also listened to the news reports from Russia, China, and indeed North Korea itself. I find that listening to news reports from a variety of countries helps to provide a more rounded viewpoint, and hopefully the various sources help compensate for each other's propaganda content.

US throwing nukes at Japan? Yes, twice, during war. And I have heard and can understand the many viewpoints on that also.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by oozyism

Youll take any chance you can get to take a swipe at the US wont you? I often wonder if you live in the US.......

At any rate, there are countries that stand far more to gain throwing Kimmie out than the US, mainly its own starving people...........

This thread isnt about the U.S , so take youre anti American rhetoric to a different thread.....

Last I heard it was the US who was implementing sanctions against N-Korea, not Kimmy therefore the starving people of N-Korea stand far more to gain from pointing their middle finger towards the US, just like many other countries who are..

Did you know they have a comic in regards to the axis of evil lol, so funny.. Run to Google and read

I like the US, that is why I compare every action of a nation to US, that way the US citizens can finally wake up and smell the BS they have been FED all this time..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't hold much hope of anything developing in terms of the OP article for a number of reasons.

First, communications between the south and north (indeed all communications in and out of the NK) are very very tightly monitored. It's not like this group can just pick up the phone or throw a paper airplane across the fence, hoping to get in touch with former soldiers.

Second, once they've left and are in exile, they cannot return at all to help 'rally the troops' so to speak. They have left for good. There is no returning.

So how exactly are they going to get people on the inside to stage this coup?

Also, the source media (perthnow/sunday times) is not what you'd call a high-end, totally reputable paper. They have a habit of dramatizing.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Last I heard it was the US who was implementing sanctions against N-Korea, not Kimmy therefore the starving people of N-Korea stand far more to gain from pointing their middle finger towards the US, just like many other countries who are..

Well one might stop listening to BS rhetoric and start reading all sources of news both pro and con and you'll quickly find out why his people are starving. He spends the bulk of his country's limited wealth on weapon systems with which he threatens his neighbors with.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

This is big news! How legit is this website with news?

Does not mater.

What the story may do is cause a lot of investigations inside the north Korean military.
A few heads get loped off as traitors and the rest of NK military starts to fear they might be next.
Then NK has a problem the military will fear the secret police and the secret police will fear more traitors are in the military.

And the fear and feeding frenzy starts and continues.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well one might stop listening to BS rhetoric and start reading all sources of news both pro and con and you'll quickly find out why his people are starving. He spends the bulk of his country's limited wealth on weapon systems with which he threatens his neighbors with.

Well if the US didn't have a military base in South Korea and Japan then lil Kimmie wouldn't have anything to worry about.. Not to mention the sanctions, so when people say US is the root of all evil, it is, because it wants to dominate the world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join