It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman , Science Was Wrong , Exeter UFO Convention [ video ]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is a video of Stan Friedman speaking at the Exeter UFO Festival .
Friedman cites many cases of UFO encounters experienced by competent, reliable eyewitnesses as well as Roswell and Theories, and Inventions science Declared Impossible .

[edit on 6-9-2010 by gortex]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video gortex,
I sorely watch them later.

I posted some time ago a thread of his new book about that which he did write together with Kathleen Marden.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51164fcad546.jpg[/atsimg]

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Star and Flag gortex. thanks for sharing. here are some of my thoughts after watching the first ten minute segment:

I may not agree with all of his conclusions. But Stanton Friedman has some powerful oratorical magniloquence in his arsenal. I really like some of the things he says and his sense of humor is stellar. One of my personal favorite quotes from him: "I am not a conspiracy theorist".

Stanton Friedman makes reference to “Stupid things smart people say”

Stanton Friedman also says science’s arrogance is another thing keeping us from the truth.

That I agree with. Scientists’ arrogance does hinder us from getting the truth.
Look At what Stephen Hawking said: “Even if I had the ultimate answer, I would not share it because then what would there be left for anyone else to do?”

What the hell Stephen Hawking????

Seriously arrogant!!!

A fair analogy would be:
Stephen Hawking is a member of a relay race, but he refuses to hand off the baton to the next runner because Stephen Hawking has it in his head he already won the race. The finish line is the truth, but Stephen wouldn’t hand off the baton (share what he knows) because he already won the race without getting to the finish line, and breaking the tape.

i'm going to watch the rest of the videos. thanks for sharing these with us gortex. i'll more than likely buy the book

-et

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A large portion of this lecture seems to be telling us that "Science Was Right", in contradiction to the lecture's title. The rest is typical UFOlogy. People need to sell books. Yawn.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
powerful oratorical magniloquence

My Latin has always been very poor, but I think that what you said translates into English as "he's a stellar bull#ter".

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

A large portion of this lecture seems to be telling us that "Science Was Right", in contradiction to the lecture's title

So you have watched the whole video ? , I posted it 30 minutes ago and it runs for 1.22 , or have you seen it before , it was posted yesterday .
Or have you just made an assumption of the contents of the video and decided to comment on your assumption .

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I watched a few parts of it from different segments, a few minutes each, and was quite underwhelmed. For a brief history of nuclear weapons, I can always pass on Stanton's primitive drama and use Wikipedia (or my old college books). Same applies to other topics.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Merriam-Webster: Magniloqunce

From latin origins meaning "to speak".

star 4 u buddhasystem,
et

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Friedman cites many cases of UFO encounters experienced by competent, reliable eyewitnesses as well as Roswell and Theories, and Inventions science Declared Impossible .

-- snip --

[edit on 6-9-2010 by gortex]

Tim Binall is announcing him in the beginning.

Thanks for the post and videos.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Definitely going to check out these videos when i get the time perhaps later today. I have not seen much of Stan's new material. He definitely is the real deal.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

...and Inventions science Declared Impossible .

Of all the logical fallacies employed by believers, this particular hybrid of confirmation-bias and argument-from-ignorance non-sequitur has to be my favorite.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Of all the logical fallacies employed by believers, this particular hybrid of confirmation-bias and argument-from-ignorance non-sequitur has to be my favorite.

Good .... glad you liked it , always happy to help .
Of course we all know that science is the only true religion , science is infallible and is never wrong , why would anyone even bother to question scientific reason .

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Stanton Friedman , Science Was Wrong.

I saw it all today and really enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed his quite humoristic remarks he made from time to time.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Glad you enjoyed it mate , I must say its one of the best video's I have seen in a while , no matter what the pseudo skeptics may say Stan is a great orator and he knows his stuff , long may he continue

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
have heard him before...is there anything new to it before i start the hour and 22 minute listening time?... i went to a 2 and a 1/2 day san jose, calif. syposium 2 years ago, and only stayed for the friday night group of speakers...why?...it was all rehashed information that i had read on varying websites, and this included nick pope as a friday night speaker. on the other hand the wine was good.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Good .... glad you liked it , always happy to help .
Of course we all know that science is the only true religion , science is infallible and is never wrong , why would anyone even bother to question scientific reason .

If that if what you really believe, then you have a no understanding of what science is.

And Friedman's reliance on that particular non-sequitur shows what a poor scientist and thinker he is. I

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Stanton is always interesting to hear....thanks for sharing.

Stanton should be rewarded with being present and play an active role when disclosure is being made official.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRexIf that if what you really believe, then you have a no understanding of what science is.

Haha. Why don't you enlighten us as to what "science is?"

Perhaps you are still unaware, but the mainstream scientific establishment even admits they can't explain a great majority of simple observations. And of course, they have a myriad of theories that invoke unobservable phenomena... how scientific!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
S n F for you- Stan would have done very well on SNL.

I found it interesting and amusing both, it was like the cliff notes on propulsion. I am happy to see he is actively pursuing disclosure. Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I don't think Stanton was using these examples to assert that because those luminaries got it wrong therefore UFOs must exist. Rather he was just using it as a device to show that science doesn't always know everything.

The lecture, to me, was more of a plea to scientists to acknowledge that they don't know everything and to make their minds up based on the available evidence and not what they believe the available evidence to be or as he puts it to get away from the mindset of 'don't bother me with the facts, my mind's made up. And also not to let fear of ridicule prevent them from even starting to look at the subject. When you think of it why should any subject be taboo from study from science?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join