It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Think: Independent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree that it's good to be concerned about local issues. Maybe more and more people doing that will be the answer - if local spreads to regional and then to national.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I can only wish this would happen, I would love to finally see a president who doesnt care about money, has a genuine good heart, and has balls big enough to call TPTB out on their threats during a speech to the nation and start crackin some elitist heads.

unfortunately I dont think that will happen in my lifetime, if ever.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

Candidates for president are recruited, financed, and groomed by the powers that be. Once in office, they're puppets.

Kennedy was the last president to try to actually be president.

If this is going to change, it will take some kind of revolution to do it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by A-Dub

Candidates for president are recruited, financed, and groomed by the powers that be. Once in office, they're puppets.

Kennedy was the last president to try to actually be president.

If this is going to change, it will take some kind of revolution to do it.

Even revolutions need leaders. I don't see any. Besides the American public has been so lulled into a consumerist slumber that the only thing that will motivate them into action is perhaps deprivation of their bread and circus. Wars and internal trauma can only keep the interest of the masses for a short time.

I know and feel your frustration Mary Rose but I have finally come to realize that it's impossible to take on TPTB because I can't even identify who they are.

I envy you being in Virginia with all the beautiful fall colors. Here in the desert SW... autumn, it just gets a little cooler, a welcome respite from the heat.

edit on 10-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's the banksters.

My research indicates that the Illuminati run the world, and, they mind-control each other - not just us. They use trauma-based mind control on their own.

So, we're all mind-controlled. That's the problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'll agree with you on the independents OP, your founders were right in that political parties are only hurting your Republic! I'd even settle for seeing a plurality of parties instead of just two in the US. In the UK we have 3 major parties and 7 others holding seats in the House of Commons, and we have about 20% of the population of the United States.

If we can support plurality so can you, but true independence from political parties is a far more noble goal.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have cast my vote for an Independent today. I'm very curious to find out how many votes he gets. Surely he won't win. But I'm curious to see how many votes he gets. Looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm curious to see how many votes he gets.

He got 1.41%.

~~~~

The Democratic incumbent in my district got re-elected.

~~~~

I used to be a Democrat, but now I really like the sound of the word "Independent." It just feels right.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I actually voted for a lot of Independents yesterday. Sadly though, my fellow citizens seem too tied to politics as usual and simply went down the party line, vs. researching the candidates and making informed decisions.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Alex Jones interviewed an Independent running for Governor in the state of Kentucky yesterday. Maybe something good will come from this candidacy:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join