It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardwalk Empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Anyone else completely psyched about this show? It looks like it's gonna be pretty amazing:

Steve Buscemi is one of my all time favorite actors and the Prohibition Era completely fascinates me. This is going to be one hell of a show.

It starts Sunday, Sept. 19 at 9PM. I'm counting down the minutes.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Yes, I am very excited about this - not sure when it'll hit UK tv though.

The cast looks excellent and I think it will draw some interesting parallels with our current times.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I think it will draw some interesting parallels with our current times.

I'm kinda thinking the same thing.

Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, and Steve Buscemi...

With that combination, this show is gonna be insane.

TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I cannot wait for this show. I love how it will depict Al Capone and Lucky Luciano as they were starting out. Can't wait!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just saw a pretty long piece on this show, just before the True Blood finale...and it looks incredible...can't wait to see it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'll definitely be watching this show. I'm a huge True Blood fan so I've seen the preview for it and I'm fascinated by that period of time as well.

It looks like a well made show and Buscemi is awesome.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That

was

awesome!

I thought I might've been expecting too much, but I wasn't disappointed at all. It really was as cool as it looked in the previews.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Very cool show!

And those sets... wow!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

The sets were pretty amazing. And the outfits, too.

They really outdid themselves in the authenticity department.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Great first episode. I am fascinated by the early 1900's, the shaping and forming of entire cities and power structures, and of course the corruption.

I thought it was really cool how it starts off when Lucky Luciano is a young up and comer, and it really suprised me when the henchman turned out to be a young Alphonse Capone.

This is going to be one of the best HBO series yet, though I have enjoyed almost all of them, from Band of Brothers to Trueblood, Rome, Treme, and Deadwood.

Gonna be an awesome series, pretty hard to go wrong with Scorcese and Steve Buscemi.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So sad to see Jimmy go. He was the only reason I watched the show. Terence Winter pisses me off SO much sometimes.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
So sad to see Jimmy go. He was the only reason I watched the show. Terence Winter pisses me off SO much sometimes.

Yep, One can only hope it turns out to be a dream of Nucky's. If Jimmy is truly dead, which it look's that way as of now, the show was just flushed down the toilet. Jimmy carried that show. It would have been like whacking Paulie in the Sapranos. It just doesn't make sense. Big mistake by the writers. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is going to be interesting.

While I do agree that Jimmy's character will be missed (as well as the very talented actor who portrays him) it certainly does open a lot of doors for next season.

Richard had tremendous affection for Angela and Jimmy... with both of them dead, and Jimmy's manipulative Mom there... well, that could certainly make for some interesting stories.

I guess we'll see in a few months.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sure Jimmy is dead but I highly doubt he is out of the show. Towards the end of this season it became apparent that Jimmy didn't want to kill or even really cut out Nuck. He wanted to prove himself to Nucky. Things just got out of hand. I imagine we will see that fact slowly come to light over the next season and have some flashbacks flesh out their relationship.

Besides he was a major factor in some of the other characters not getting developed as much as they should've been. The tension between Jimmy and Luciano prevented you from ever really relating to Lucky. The reality is that Luciano and Capone are equally compelling and equally(if not better in Capone's case) acted. Stephen Graham is easily one of the best actors of our time.

Their stories were just not going to be told with Jimmy still around. Plus I want to see Richard go all sickhouse and become a half-faced avenging angel. Personally I think he is the best acted considering he is as or more compelling than any other character in the show and he is doing it with only half his face. (yes I know the actor has a full face but he is limited to using the half not covered by a mask.

That's like asking a singer to perform an opera with only half their range.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, Owen is dead. Good riddance. I only wish he had died at the hands of Nucky. I wonder if he'll ever find out that Margaret slept with Owen.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
Well, Owen is dead. Good riddance. I only wish he had died at the hands of Nucky. I wonder if he'll ever find out that Margaret slept with Owen.

Nucky was definitely surprised by Margaret's reaction (hysteria) to Owen's death. I think he knows what's up but he got some more serious stuff heading his way in the last 2 episodes of the season.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Nucky did give her a funny look. Still, a reaction like that to the sight of a dead body by someone like Margaret is to be expected. Even if she didn't know the man.
edit on 11-21-2012 by jaymp because: typo

top topics

join