It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's one-man presidential campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton's one-man presidential campaign

news.yahoo.com

While the rest of the political world is preoccupied with the midterm elections, Chicago dentist William DeJean is hatching plans for 2012. He shelled out $5,000 to create an ad encouraging Americans to back a Hillary Clinton presidential run in 2012. He says the spot will run in New Orleans, Washington, New York and Los Angeles.

The secretary of state has stated several times that she will never again run for the office, after losing a bruising and expensive presidential-primary battle to Barack Obama in 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So even Dems are going against Obama at this point. Although Hillary has said that she'd never again run for President, Democrats have to consider her as an alternative if they want to be back in the WH in 2012. I'm not saying she would win the office, but she'd surely be the Dems best bet, considering Obama's current numbers. Perhaps a Clinton would be able to do what Ted Kennedy wasn't able to do and become the Presidential candidate instead of the current President.

What would you guys think about this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hilary Clinton VS. Sarah Palin. Women rumble for the presidential title. The outcome will be the American people being worse off as a result. We need President Clinton back.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

And you don't think William would have a hand in whatever Hillary does?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I think it's the other way around. There's something I like about Bill Clinton. Maybe it is his daughter. But I love his politics and character. Heck even he loves fast food. Doesn't that speak to you like it does me?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think its quite possible that she will run. I've thought for a while now that she will resign her current post by the end of the year, siting "policy differences" and run for President.

Either way, Obama will be challenged from both the left and right from within the democrat party for the nomination. The left, in a Ralph Nader/Jerry Brown type of person will run because the left is angry with Obama for his war efforts, refusal to kibosh both the Patriot Act and Gitmo, insufficient movement on gay rights and a host of other things. The conservative Dems are angry with him because he is too far to the left and the country is essentially moderate.

I also think it is quite possible that he chooses not to run for a second term. I think its clear that he does not enjoy the job (he barely does it anymore, mostly taking vacations and playing golf), and he has always been considered "special" and has had every thing handed to him his entire life.

He's discovered that despite what Oprah says he's not "the one" and his ego will potentially drive him to simply not run, suggesting that he can do more to "help the world" in another capacity. I also think he is purposefully driving the country to a place whereby Republicans will back a significant number of seats, creating massive gridlock.

This gent is only good at one thing and that is blaming others for his inaction and failures. There is nothing he would like better than a republican majority in either house of Congress to blame for them.

Regardless he is a one term, failed President. Maybe he and Jimmy Carter can start a book club or something.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I know there are tons of negative thing said about Hillary, but I have to say, she is the only one that I ever bothered voting in the primaries for. I would have actually voted for a president for a change if she had run. Needless to say, she didn't run. and I went back to my non voting self. So, if that Says anything, there ya have it, about how I feel about it.

I am glad she at least got the position she did out of the bum deal. I think shes done pretty well, all in all considered. I think the country is becoming somewhat middle road now. What a crazy ticket if Hillary and Palin joined forces eh?!!! lol I know crazy dream!!! Kind of funny, but.......

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Hilary Clinton VS. Sarah Palin. Women rumble for the presidential title. The outcome will be the American people being worse off as a result. We need President Clinton back.

Screw that. We should make him dictator.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So Hillary's a man? Hehe, I knew it

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Oh my God yes!! He will conquer us all and make us cook whatever fast food hamburger he is craving. Serious I miss the days when he was president and the reporters would ask what was he eating.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hilary Clinton VS. Sarah Palin. Women rumble for the presidential title.

I say a mud wrestling competition for presidency. Yikes, what a sight that would be

Anyway, as to the subject. I just can't imagine Palin and Clinton making it past the primaries. Not saying I wouldn't vote, but I couldn't imagine otherwise.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Didn't Bill sign a bill that allowed investment bankers to churn up the mortgage industry and start the snowball that led to this financial chaos?

join