It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have the flying saucers gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Something i have been pondering a bit lately. As i read MUFON and NUFORC case reports frequently and as much as possible one thing stands out, or should i say does not. That is the drought of classic flying saucers or disc shape craft. Usually we see orbs or spheres, unexplained lights and yes triangles. Once in a while a disc like craft but unlike the waves in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's. There seems to be a connection to the abduction phenomena along with the saucer trend. Many abduction cases describe a saucer almost all of them. Since what appears to be a drastic decrease in abductions since the mid 1990's the saucers have gone as well almost.

Is there a change in the design of these craft ?

Are different alien races coming and going with different makes of craft ?

Did our black programs drive them off or did another alien race kick them out?

Were they man made all along and the design is now considered obsolete?

Was it all a series of hoaxes and influenced by popular belief with movies and TV of that era?

These are the questions i keep asking myself. Where did they go? Of course they did not all leave there are still reports now and then. But i have seen weeks and months go by and no reports of disc shape craft. I was wondering what you're take on this is ATS?

Here is an older interesting article i found. Makes some valid points.

www.rense.com...

It seems that at one time, basically between 1955 and somewhere around 1979, the skies were filled with large, tangible, low flying "saucers," of which quite a number of people -- not normally equipped with cameras most of the time -- managed to snap some pretty impressive photos. UFO magazines flourished. The pictures were everywhere. Everyone knew them. Big, gaudy, gorgeous black and white space ships from other planets, with portholes and strange construction and sometimes enigmatic markings. From the McMinnville photos to George Adamski's "chicken brooder" (aka, a dozen other suspected devices) Flying Saucer from Venus to those wonderfully peculiar "foreign" shots that always seemed to shock with clarity and realism , many of which were in FULL color; there seemed to be no shortage of alien visitors in their hotrods. Those were the days when Flying Saucers posed for pin-ups and posters, it seemed. Or were they all very clever (or not so clever) fakes? UFOs abound... but what has happened to the Flying Saucers?

Where did they go?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c62a3c16eed.gif[/atsimg]

UFO's change like trends? Is it that we have been inventing what they look like ourselves? Physically or even consciously? Could there be several races of intelligent beings changing makes and models like we do with vehicles? Perhaps even altering us like many suspect?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaca506f7769.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theMegaladon

Maybe they saw ATS and know they have been exposed therefore are gonna stay away for a while for the debunkers to come and claim everything is a bigbunk and they can debunk it.

They have suspended their operations my friend ..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They stopped putting cool flying saucer like hubcaps on cars. It's just too hard to toss a 20" chrome rim in the air and snap a picture.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It did occur to me they could be using some kind of invisibility now? Adapting to our defenses and weapons after these supposed shoot downs? Quite a possibility. I have heard there is a secret war going on between black triangles & saucers among some of these folks here and abroad. Assuming that is us "triangles" and saucers being ET. I really do not believe everything i hear and that is more along the lines of Ed Grimsley's claims. But an idea... curious?

Originally posted by JumpSteady
They stopped putting cool flying saucer like hubcaps on cars. It's just too hard to toss a 20" chrome rim in the air and snap a picture.

The thought did cross my mind. As funny as it sounds that is consistent with the auto industry and the disappearance of saucers. A very good point. There are still plenty of junk yards out there with potential hoaxers still. There will always be hoaxers imo. Hoaxes have evolved from the hub cap to IR lens flair apparently.

Still if you go to USAF pilot testimony there is still a bit more to it. I doubt many people can chuck a Cadillac hub cap in to the stratosphere. But hub caps could be a big part of it historically. As well in certain classic cases. I remain optimistic.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't think the saucers have vanished. One look at NUFORC's site for example, just for last months sightings, and there's plenty there. Described as circles, disks, ovals, etc.

It's always been my opinion that most UFO sightings go unreported as well. Who the heck are folk supposed to report these things to anyway? There is no-one really. And not everyone has the internet or can be bothered to report a sighting on a website when there are hundreds of similar websites. Which one is THE ONE to report to? Personally I'd pick NUFORC but most people wouldn't have a clue.

Saucers are there, I think they're very common and very real. But until there's a special world-wide TV news station devoted entirely to UFO sightings, or one very well advertised reporting centre collecting the data, we'll never know exactly how common they are, or "how deep the rabbit hole goes"

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Good post

My guess is that if Flying Saucers are/were real, that whoever was behind them has stepped up in technology and created some new types of craft. Thats about the best that I can explain it.

Unless whoever/whatever that were flying the saucers have stopped visiting earth as much.........

However, you still do hear about them from time to time....

S&F

[edit on 3-9-2010 by CheapShotArtist]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There certainly seems to be a shortage of photos and video footage in the last 20 years of saucers imo. I forgot about the oval shapes and cigars. The cigars are one that has always been consistent over the years. You raise some valid points.

I think many people figure it is a waste of time to report a sighting. The shock and awe of UFO's just does not affect people like it use to. People will say "well yeah but where is the physical evidence" and carry on. First UFO i seen was when i was a kid around 10 it was a saucer or cigar. The thought never crossed my mind to report it. Second time was when i was in my 20's and it just was not a big deal was a red orb. Then seen one in 2007 was a amber and white pulsating orb and so i decided i would report it to mufon and nuforc. Did not hear anything back from nuforc and a field investigator from mufon called me the next day over the phone. I had a witness too. It really was kind of a waste of my time. I had cell phone pics and it did not show up as we were driving trying to keep up with it.

All i did was provide reading material for the web sites reports. Really when you think about it an orb does not sound that impressive or extra terrestrial. No more a ghost or something paranormal when i read on orb reports. But a flying saucer seems more prominent since it is a solid object rather a light. And with all these cell phones and digital cameras today i would think we would have more flying saucer photos since the 1980's? Im just not seeing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe whoever is/was flying the saucers have stepped up their game and using some sort of cloaking device like a previous user stated already. It would make sense because we now have much easier access to photo taking tech. In the earlier years one would have to be ready to use their cameras, but with cell phones and the like it is all just one click away.

As far as them being outdated this makes sense if they are ours, but if its "theirs" then I doubt this is the case. I always figured that they had the perfect ship, so maybe whoever own the ships have left; leaving the door open for others to take their place.

But from what I have read, there doesn't seem to be to much of a shortage of saucers. But who really knows?

I myself have always been more interested in the cigars. If any ships are aliens then it has to be the cigars.(Based on my own reading)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Are different alien races coming and going with different makes of craft ?

Yes...

Most likely answer, saucer pilots have gone elsewhere for their fun and games...

Considering they are probably 1000's of years ahead of us (if not a lot more) The 20 or 30 years since the major saucer sightings would be a blink to them, hardly enough time to revamp and change their craft...

Or, maybe since they seemed to be falling out of the sky at one point (if you are to believe all the crash/retrieval stories) they did have to switch to other models...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Toxicsurf]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
UFO's change like trends? Is it that we have been inventing what they look like ourselves? Physically or even consciously? Could there be several races of intelligent beings changing makes and models like we do with vehicles? Perhaps even altering us like many suspect?

Jacques Vallee suggested they change because they're part of an overall plan for us to be slowly guided into the future by "somebody." They appear as craft just at the upper edges of our technological capability.

Maybe.

I don't think we're like rats who need to be led to a piece of cheese. Show us what to do to get the cheese and we'll do it, and we'll maybe even find a better way to do it. I suspect that the change in UFO shapes represents a change in the way we interact with them and bring them into our reality through observation. They appear as we expect to see them. In the old days, they were like fiery chariots, or angels. Then they were like airships. Then flying saucers. Then glowing eggs. Then dark arrowheads. What next? Black blobs? Vortexes?

Our imaginations give them shape in this reality.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

The 'flying saucer' aspect of the UFO phenomena has imo been the clearest indicator of technology. They've been seen on radars and by witnesses at the same time. Trace evidence and claims of electrical interference have been reported and jets have been scrambled to investigate. Pretty much from the earth to 60000 feet, they've been eye-balled or caught on radar. All very intriguing stuff!

Asking where they've gone raises interesting questions and ideas. There are no right or wrong answers, just speculation.

Maybe they've served their purpose? They came flashing through popular culture for a couple of bright decades and have dwindled ever since. Whatever the phenomena represents, it has no intention of being understood by the general population. Could it be they've altered to remain out of reach of our understanding or advancing detection technology?

On the other hand, they could have gathered all the information they required and left. The few remaining reports could represent whatever intelligence is behind them 'checking in' to see what's up.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

They appear as we expect to see them. In the old days, they were like fiery chariots, or angels. Then they were like airships. Then flying saucers. Then glowing eggs. Then dark arrowheads. What next? Black blobs? Vortexes?

Our imaginations give them shape in this reality.
-blue shift

I noticed that too throughout history. And saucers are documented in ancient times as fiery wheels even then. Seems this is nothing new, seems they come and go once in a great while. Certain craft that is seen in waves. Perhaps they leave for so long we tend to forget them and our relationship down the road. So when they show back up after say a thousand year time gap under a new campaign we are caught off guard, we simply have a different concept of what or who they are and we have to re-learn?

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Maybe they've served their purpose? They came flashing through popular culture for a couple of bright decades and have dwindled ever since. Whatever the phenomena represents, it has no intention of being understood by the general population. Could it be they've altered to remain out of reach of our understanding or advancing detection technology?

On the other hand, they could have gathered all the information they required and left. The few remaining reports could represent whatever intelligence is behind them 'checking in' to see what's up.

Maybe they came, did some genetic extractions and got enough genetic materials to where they could continue suspected genetic experiments without any further need for us. While a small force remains behind much like when we pull out a country after a war to keep an eye on things, station bases and pr ect. Perhaps they need to come back every few thousand years to upgrade as we evolve?

another idea

Maybe they "saucer pilots" visited 2000 years ago and the 1950's from the same time? That the design is from the same particular time line the ET's are from? Perhaps the different vehicles are the same races from different time lines of their time space visiting in our time space at once?

Lets say a Model T drives through a worm hole in the 1930's and ends up on on mars 2000 BC. Then during our modern time a 2010 Lamborghini drives through a worm hole and ends up on mars 2000 BC. A civilization of dying martians figure the the Model T and the Lamborghini are from two separate alien races.

This could be what is happening now. The ET's may not be changing design of the saucers while in our time as if they have been here since the 1940's and stayed. And we will see saucers again in 50 maybe 1000 years in the future? While they "ET's" are always here coming and going from different time lines simultaneously. Time travelers. Different designs meaning different time lines of the same species?

just a thought

[edit on 4-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I don't think they've gone really.... I think our technology has made it much easier to determine fakes from the real thing and this has caused the decline of many hoaxers.

I think from the 50's - 90's.... people would just kind of believe all of these objects were genuine flying saucers... not everyone, but those who believed and even many of those on the fence, would happily accept that there were objects flying around that could not be identified.
I think all that has changed now.... we can enhance photos, check digital exif data and really get to the bottom of most pictures and video clips.
People are much more cautious and skeptical than they used to be and I think that many people now think twice before trying out a hoax.

Obviously there are still loads of gullible people about and people happy to believe any crappy picture or grainy youtube video.... but the average person interested in UFO's has become much more savvy and not as easily fooled.

And this is a good thing.

Not saying that every UFO picture/video out there is fake and not saying that no spacecraft ever visit from other planets.... just saying that the vast majority of those seen, filmed and photographed are either man-made or hoaxes.

I certainly think the fanaticism has declined and the novelty has somewhat worn off too.
Inevitable really.

[edit on 4/9/10 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I don't think they've gone really.... I think our technology has made it much easier to determine fakes from the real thing and this has caused the decline of many hoaxers.

A good point! Back to the Billy Mier hub cap cults of the 50's 60's & 70's, as you see the evolution of hoaxing from hub caps and model's of then, evolving to CGI and Camera shutter speed tricks and IR manipulation by hoaxters, you see the different designs of UFO's changing over time. Now youtube is flooded with "Orbs" that being bugs, birds planes and helicopters. Yet same people can not film a saucer or disc in the day light? We have the same cults today just changing methods that have been debunked like a mutating virus. The hoaxers try to remain one step ahead of the debunkers. I guess where there is a will there is a way. It could very well be likely UFO's are a much more rare occurrence than we think . Maybe less that 5% perhaps a fraction of 1% is authentic. That only a handful of saucers have been here over 2000 years. Im not saying this is a fact this is all just speculation.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Most likely a design change for a more efficient flight. All the tax money that is being invested in these are just way too much. It better not be another military purpose aircraft like the stealth bomber... then again, black budget projects are always military.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Lets say a Model T drives through a worm hole in the 1930's and ends up on on mars 2000 BC. Then during our modern time a 2010 Lamborghini drives through a worm hole and ends up on mars 2000 BC. A civilization of dying martians figure the the Model T and the Lamborghini are from two separate alien races.

Yeah. Jacques Vallee uses this argument to cast doubt on the ETH. He points to the lack of change over the decades as evidence that we aren't dealing with a developing ET technology.

I disagree with him. It isn't that simple. Have you noticed how volley balls have hardly developed over the decades? How about a claw hammer? Saucepan? Boxer shorts? They've remained pretty much the same for a reason!

They're already the optimum design for what they do.

Perhaps the shape of saucers is determined by the methods of technology that propels them? How many variations of a disc can there be? Of course they'll all look similar! It's human imagination that requires them to look ever more futuristic or sporty. There comes a point when the design is at its peak and maybe the manufacturers of the disc-shaped craft reached their peak already?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think saucers are still there... but so may people have their head buried in their i-phones, cell phones, and are just oblivious to what's going on around them.

If folks are driving and wrecking due to texting and twittering, if they can't see a stop light....are they gonna see a flying saucer?

Also, more and more...people are staying inside at night, not really star gazing and looking at the natural world around them....kind of a shame really.

Instead of finding their own UFO, they sit here and read about someone else's.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Perhaps the shape of saucers is determined by the methods of technology that propels them? How many variations of a disc can there be? Of course they'll all look similar! It's human imagination that requires them to look ever more futuristic or sporty. There comes a point when the design is at its peak and maybe the manufacturers of the disc-shaped craft reached their peak already?

Hmm yes this is true. Could be the saucer is the most efficient design and no need to change it. A hammer is still a hammer, an axe is still an axe and a wheel is still a wheel. We have been using the same designs of many things over century's with no need to change it. It does it's job no need for innovation. So maybe the saucers occupants are more of a straight to the point simplistic culture. Or like the saying goes if it is not broke don't fix it.

While other shapes of these alleged ET craft do not appear to be very aerodynamic?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Maybe the disc-shaped saucers have developed a new, shrinking technology that makes them much harder to spot, as in this recent report:

The witness called this in to me today and wants to remain anonymous. He went to bed at 12:30 AM this morning and was awakened by a bright flash in the room like a camera flash. He opened his eyes and saw a small disc-like UFO in the corner of the room with a large dome on top of it with windows all around the dome.

Source (and worth reading! They saw tiny greys inside the craft!)

Seriously though, you raise an interesting point. It really does feel like those kind of craft are not photographed or talked about as much. On the other hand, the Chicago airport case was a disc-shaped craft.

But if you think about how much human aircraft have changed in appearance over the 100 years we have had flight, there is no reason to think aliens would not also develop over time, is there?

It seems very odd to me, sort of more in the realms of the collective unconscious, psychotronics, interdimensionals, than like nuts and bolts spaceships.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Cigar-shaped UFOs, orbs, spheres and possibly triangles/chevrons. None of them demonstrate a need for aerodynamics which implies their method of propulsion is somehow not affected by inertia, drag, friction etc.

They appear to be travelling through our airspace without having any of the limitations we are held to. Estimates of higher than Mach speeds never cause sonic booms and rarely generate the expected air currents. The way they are reported to disappear in the blink of an eye suggests interdimensional capability.

Unfortunately, ideas like String Theory support the concept of multiple dimensions without being fully accepted as yet. It lets us burn some little grey cells and speculate without just making stuff up.

On the other hand, the disc-shaped craft appear to fall within our ideas of aerodynamics. That in itself raises interesting questions...first of which is 'why?'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join