It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug kingpin La Barbie arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Mexican drug kingpin La Barbie arrested

www.telegraph .co.uk

The US State Department said Villarreal headed a gang of assassins for the cartel and was "the person most responsible for pushing the battle into central and southern Mexico". Mexican Federal Police Commissioner Facundo Rosas said he was responsible for "dozens" of deaths.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks like another Drug Kingpin has bit the dust. This one is unique because the guy is actually a natural born US citizen.

US had previously filed charges on him in Atlanta. I'm willing to bet he will be extradited to the US to face those charges.

The goods news is that they got him, but the bad news is that there will probably more bloodshed in a battle over the vacant position.

Now it is time for Mexico to go after Chapo Guzman, the biggest fish of all.

As corrupt as Mexico, I can't help but think that US personnel helped to capture or locate La Barbie. Similar to the way they helped to track Pablo Escobar in Colombia.

PS, did search but did not find this story.

www.telegraph .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
video to go along with story.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Big thumb up for US intelligence.

Valdez, who was born in Laredo, Texas, and has been living illegally in Mexico, was captured outside Mexico City on Monday by federal police, following a yearlong pursuit with the help of U.S. intelligence.

www.wtopnews.com...

This guy is snitching people out left and right. He tells how he got cash in boxes from the US via tractor trailers. Tells that there was a pact in 2007 to quell the violence but that Chapo Guzman broke the pact.

Kinda surprises me that he really didn't put up a fight. I would have imagined that a drug lord of his caliber would have went out firing.

Source translated by google.

Police sources also reported that "La Barbie "gave names and police chiefs will be announced soon .

www.vanguardia.com.mx...

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This guy doesn't look old enough to be a kingpin of anything...

But hey... if the media says he is than i gotta believe it... i'd like to know what will happen with him? Ok, he is going to face prosecution in the US but is it likely he will get the death penalty?

You mention that he will give names and locations... will he get a lighter sentence for doing this? If so he will more than likely be a wanted man inside or outside...

Dead man walking!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

From what I have gather he only has drug charges against him in the US( 3 states I believe). That would pretty much eliminate the death penalty. Furthermore, most of the deaths he is responsible for are in Mexico.

He could be a dead man walking. But IMO he will give info to get a lighter sentence. It wouldn't even surprise me if he ends up in witness protection.

No he doesn't look like a drug kingpin. Who knows, maybe he was a plant from the CIA.

top topics

join