It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello artists, i have a challenge for you all.

This thread is about a tatoo design but i want to give you a back story.

My father is terminally ill and i hope to honour him when he passes with a tattoo. I have no body art of any kind but when he passes i have made the decision to remember him in this manner. I hope no one mocks me or insults me because of this.

So i turn to ATS members as i know some of you have an artist inside of you.

This is not a joke, it is not an idle fantasy. If you design something and i decide upon your design i will have it done. So i suppose i should lay down the guidelines.

1. It must include a shamrock. My father is Irish and so i want this included.

2. It must be a full "sleeve". That being it should be a tattoo that extends from shoulder to wrist.

3. Understand my father is terminally ill, i don't want to have this done until he has passed because to me it seems morbid. So it may be several years before i have this done, but when i have it done i will post it online. Hopefully it will be many years before he passes, as long as possible i hope. It could be one year or 5 so you may need patience to see your work.

4. Colours are fine but remember this is a tattoo so certain restrictions apply, they need to be able to create this artwork.

That's all. Go for your life but i promise, on my fathers life this is not a joke, it's not something i will back away from. Once my father passes i wil have this done. The winning tattoo will go on my body. So i hope this can be taken seriously.

Go for it guys.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I will give a full month for anyone to enter a design, however that doesn't mean i'll accept a design. I'm hoping for something that is perfect, afterall it's to honour my father and it'll be a lifelong thing. If you need to ask questions then post them in the thread and i'll answer as best as i can.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have to say i'm a little let down by ATS with this one. Are there no aspiring artists who would like the idea of their work meaning something and being a permanent fixture upon someones body?

Come on guys help me out!

Please

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I could help you out with that, I'm a tattoo artist so I have some experience in this subject. If you're looking for a sleeve though, you're going to want to divulge a little information, like how big are your arms, what's your skin tone like (that does make a difference), what's your budget look like etc. All of these things will have an effect on what your finished tattoo will look like.

I could help you come up with a design, but when you have it done you're going to want to make sure you have a good talk with your artist and make sure the two of you are on the same page... Anyway send me a message and we can talk about it more if you want to.

top topics

join