It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you had electronic failures lately

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Have you had electronic failures lately?
For some reason, I have personally seen many recent failures of electrical components. particularly alternators, as I am handy, people call me to address things like this instead of paying high costs at a autoshop.
This is not my profession, but I enjoy helping people out of auto related binds.
Recently, I have been helping a few out with alternator issues,. they just quit working to put it simply.
I also had the alternator go on my motorcycle in this spree of complaints, of which I thought was rather coincidental.
So my question for you all is,.
Has there been a rash of electronic failures?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
that goes alomg well with the magnetosphere gone missing here on earth....oh, just the daylight side.... ummm, the only one that matters in this

affecting all magnetic rotors and coils

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

post some links if you would please
the others would like to know

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I've been doing 'on-the-side' casual electrical/electronic appliance and auto repairs for decades and it always seems to come in bursts. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary lately though. Maybe a switch that died of old age and overuse one day, then a failed HV cap in a TV the next, all totally unrelated in any way obvious to me and good examples of natural attrition for inanimate objects.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have trouble conninctng with my cellphone, sometimes I cant make a call, and other times the conversations is all distorted..

We have digital cable tv here, and we have flickering allmost every day..

Maybe nothing, but thought I mention it !!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

actually today, my cell phone was getting low on battery power, i would turn it off then it would restart,,,,,, i never touched a single button on the cell.. i really needed the cell later in the day so i thought to myself wee=ll just take out the battery... so i did, and when i put it back in without turning it on it just turned on... this has never ever happened before when i took out the battery, without having to push the button to turn it on... any way just thought it was weird, this ever happen to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I haven't had electronic failures lately, crossing my fingers on that one, but I am currently having strange radio signal failures on all stations on my radio. If I put my legs straight down or back a little, I keep getting static on my radio on all stations which is not normal. If I spread at least one of my legs out or touch my legs together, a much stronger signal comes into the radio, no static. The radio is at least 2 feet away on a table.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My microwave at home and the one at work both went out this week. Saturday my buddy's oven quit working.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You mean besides the usual crap electronics give me? Actually, it's been awhile.
And auto-parts aren't made they way they used to be. They're meant to fail so you can buy a new part and spend more money.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Move to gray area, My 360 RROD on me, not surprising at all though

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies people,
I understand things get old and break down over time.
However it has been kinda odd in the volumes it has been occurring
I also had a friend that had his washer, dryer and microwave go out in one week, then his cable box the next,
power spike?, maybe. also he hadn't had any storms in his area for months.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My car stereo amp, my pc video card, power flickers pretty often at the house, to name a few

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
2 controller boards on 2 different furnaces at opposite ends of my house over this past weekend each with its own thermostat. The HVAC guy told me he had know clue to why it happened all I know it set me back 500 bucks

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Keep em comin,
the circuit board thing has me interested,
I understand that computer mother boards have a short life span
However, My hard drive on one of my laptops crashed ithin a week of my sons motherboard going bad also. both units were only a few years old.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Recently, I have been helping a few out with alternator issues,. they just quit working to put it simply.
I also had the alternator go on my motorcycle in this spree of complaints, of which I thought was rather coincidental.

"Have you tried changing the solonoid? It's probably fried."

Or something to that affect from, The War of the Worlds.

LOL, too funny!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

"Have you tried changing the solonoid? It's probably fried."

Or something to that affect from, The War of the Worlds.

LOL, too funny!
good movie,
I wish they were all that simple..

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think the main reason may be really simple and easy to find

"Made In China"

[edit on 8/28/2010 by fixer1967]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I have trouble conninctng with my cellphone, sometimes I cant make a call, and other times the conversations is all distorted..

You must have an iPhone on AT&T.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was in St Paul Minnesota this weekend at a Perkins.
And to my surprise I overheard two gentlemen
talking about how they both had their alternator's
go on their cars with in a week of each other, two weeks ago.

Of course this may be just a fluke, but an odd coincidence anyway
It just seems to be adding to the electronic funny business that is occurring.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Has anyone though to check with some auto parts stores to see it they have had a spike in alternator sales in the past month or so. If they have that would be very interesting to say the least

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join