It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US taxpayers funding mosques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

While much attention has been focused on questions surrounding the Ground Zero mosque and the appropriateness of the State Department funding Ground Zero mosque imam Feisal Abdul Rauf’s trip to the Middle East, little attention has been given to the fact that U.S. taxpayer money is funding mosque development around the world.

Why does the government keep spending money abroad? Why is there no outrage over this? If the government would be spending money on the Vatican Id bet there would be hundreds of people on here saying how dispicable it is, yet not a peep.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So what? We are also in effect funding Christian Churches too, along with what I like to call churches of tyranny, otherwise known as the bank. In addition to that, we are funding oppressive evil and genocide with our foreign aid to Israel, among others, and our support of brutal dictators.

We are also funding wars of agression, the subversion of our own Constitution, corporate interests, special interests, the outsourcing of our jobs and the military industrial complex, just to name a few. I don't see how you can cherry-pick a relatively good - and cheap - entity, while seeming to ignore the bigger problems funded with our taxes.

Again, so what? I have bigger things to worry about, that my tax-dollars are supporting and that actually negatively impacts my life and the lives of my family and friends.

--airspoon

[edit on 26-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm more upset that we fund unjust wars to kill small brown people, don't fund for education, and generally mismanage funds altogether. And as the inestimable airspoon said, America funds Christian churches. I'm a Christian and don't like it!

join