It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Messiah - Chris Knight & Rob Lomas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just picked this book up from the Half Price Bookstore and was curious if any of you have read it, and if so what are your thoughts?

I only just begun the read but it appears to be well written and interesting.

For those who don't know what the book is, it's written by the same people who wrote Hyrams Key and is about Freemasonry, The Knights Templar and offers up well investigated potential explanations for things related things such as the Shroud Of Turin, Secrets of the Masons etc.

I'll be sure to let those of you with interest know my thoughts once I am done with it.

arc

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes I've read both that and the Hiram Key and was extremely impressed by both their style and thorough investigation.

I was lucky enough to have Rob Lomas as a lecturer at university just before he and Chris began writing, and will add that he is an extremely genuine and likable gentleman.

If you enjoy it I would also recommend Uriel's Machine, which is about the neolithic measurement of time and global catastrophy prediction. Also they have written books on Tesla and the holy grail which I have yet to read.

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by arc]

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I too have read the books by Knight and Lomas about 3yrs ago which i found to be very factual.
The books disclose more of the history of the Mason's and their origins,not so much the secrets.

Other good books are The Temple and The Lodge and The Messianic Legacy.

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well, I will actually be joining the Masons soon (Hey, I wanna rule the world too!) hehe, and thought considering I have read all the hoopla and nutty theories, of which are starting to bore me, I figured it was time to begin reading more potentially level grounded information.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
MOGUS.

As i said the books are some of the best i have read about mason's with interesting subject's covered backed up by fact's.

If you are serious about joining Good Luck.

TRD

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by The Real Deal]

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ermsss
why do i never heard of it,ARCcould you tell me more detail of it. i thought no one on quest about that thing.what is very coincident is URIEL MACHINE have been told in the EL-QURAN in the islam holybook.that thing is mentioned in noah stories just before the deluge start the angel set the timer to counter the water rising
like gizer from under the ground so nearly to flood on rising noah prepare a all thing in the giant ship

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogus
Well, I will actually be joining the Masons soon (Hey, I wanna rule the world too!) hehe

Bad try. I know you probably said that as a joke but still, expansion of your ego is the reason you want to join them. They have thousands, tens of thousands like you.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, actually Tyler, until you have either met me or otherwise know anything about me...zip it.

It was a joke and only a joke. A play on the overall foundation of these forums in a sense, of which you seem not to understand. Was it over your head Tyler or did you just feel like boosting your own ego a bit at my expense?

My reasoning behind joining the Masonry is three fold.
One, to make new friends with like minded convictions of those things I ponder daily in hopes of actually learning something other than what can be found in the Sunday paper.

Two, I have a friends in the Masons and will enjoy sharing in the experieces with them.

Three, because I feel that if as part of the Masonic ranks I may be able to uncover answers to questions that I may not uncover anywhere else, maybe my individual level of being, shall be greater.

Not that I need to explain any of this to you, I just feel that there are times that azzholes need to be corked before they smell up the joint.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogus
Well, actually Tyler, until you have either met me or otherwise know anything about me...zip it.

Met you? Why would i need to meet you? As i said already, there are thousands like you out there, tens of thousands. I met one i met them all.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You can't really be that ignorant can you?

My joining the Masons has nothing to do with ego whatsoever. If anything, it is something that upon my joining will remain a vlosely guarded secret as I don't think it will be anyones business what I am involved in.

Unlike others who wear it on their sleave.
Makes no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Mogus you've treated me with less respect than Tyler has treated you with, and you dare to use the "Until you've met me" crap?

In person I'm morally upright, never broken the law, never broken a law of the bible either, and I am not even a Christian. Nor am I so rude, as I sometimes am on this Forum.

And you think you should have the right to "Until you've met me?"

Bah, it doesn't cut it, let us all just fix our conducts on the forums as we are in person, then we won't have to use the "until you've met me" dog crap.

Anyways, I've stopped paying attention to Tyler, he's a bit fanatic when it comes to his views of the "Big Conspiracy".

Like in the movie Conspiracy Theory, wrong most of the time, but one time you just hit the nail on the head

So everyone has a purpose.

Now "Future Brother" Mogus
with whom I've shared such conflicts in the past...thankfully you join for good reasons, it's a shame (in my opinion) that we've allowed too many people into this Noble Fraternity for the sake of quantity. Ignoring the Quality of the Person more than I feel our ancestors would have.

Any Mason knows we aren't a "Secret NWO world domineering organization", but sadly it seems some places too many Masons are believing we are just a "Social Club for Men who want to get out of the house once in a while."

I expect that as you take your degrees you'll see it isn't

Till next time,
Cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Oh I did fail to mention in the above post.

Before, I had refrained from what I've heard by other Masons about "Hiram's Key" and "The Messiah".

I've not heard them to be that factual at all, while I haven't read it and so can't say, that' is what I have heard.

However I do know that "The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh" is nearly Unbiased and is factual, though it hypothesises for the explaination, but it traces the Templars to Scotland, finding their graves and old churches, and then it follows historically the possible connection with it and Freemasonry, and the whole Jacobites thing...

I've read a bit of "Born in Blood by John J. Robinson" and that is very good too, basically it is Temple and the Lodge only it goes even further, and stays around the 1300s. Where as the Temple book goes all the way to the American Revolution.

"Dungeon Fire and Sword" by the above author is also very good, and I've not read all of that, but it is a Bible thick tome completely about the history of the Templars.

And "A Pilgrim's Path" I believe IS by the same author of the last two, only after he became a Mason, I heard that was excellent.

So there are my main views of Books on Masonry.

I can say with much assurance, that Manly P. Hall I find to be more or less a (Trouble maker) and Albert Pike is too confusing to even 33rd Degree masons, for any non-mason to think they even DESERVE to understand what he wrote that book about. It's literally in a whole different language.

I can honestly say I don't understand "Morals and Dogma", but then, find me someone who does.

Morals and Dogma doesn't speak for masonry either.

arc

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I came across this site very late on last night

www.masonicinfo.com...

which has a very comprehensive and well reviewed book list. The site owner was also not convinced of the factual content of Lomas and Knight's books, but I think you'd have to read them in conjuction with other similar theories to judge for yourself. I will certainly be seeking out other books they list.

They also give an excellent explanation as to how Albert Pike's reference to Lucifer has been misunderstood and some good arguments to counter many anti-masonic claims.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yeah I wouldn't say not to read them, I just wouldn't take them literally, just understand it's a peice of the puzzle, that you don't know where it fits.

Also Masonicinfo.com is a great site

top topics

join