It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital Security Gone crazy..you decide...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks for those links.
It's sad that monsters can get into security/police jobs and do these sorts of things. I am sure there is more to the OP's story than what is mentioned though.

I've witnessed first hand police throwing a mentally ill family member of mine against a wall who was at the time suicidal and taking medication. The same officer also called her a "fat bitch" many times when the two would run into each other in the street.

Certainly people in these roles abuse their power, even onto sick people, but it is nothing against the Hospital but rather the individual themself.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Um... yes? I can't believe you actually asked that!

Oh my god could you imagine if every patient in hospital was hiding a handgun on them and ready to shoot nurses and security guards if something seemed wrong to them?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of entire previous post.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Do you think colleges and universities should also be victim disarmament zones?
Obviously, yes.

Why on earth would anybody want to go to a university where people are walking around with guns?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of entire previous post.

[edit on 2010/8/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

All he had to say was

"I don't want to have the surgery"

And they cannot legally perform it, otherwise it would be considered assault.

And possibly more charges for drugging him (AKA anesthetic)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Yeah, Right.
Obviously we're only getting THEIR side of the story.

WHY would you leave a Hospital when you've just been in an accident that knocked you out for 24 hours and when you're just about to head into surgery??? Instead of notifying the Hospital that the name on the bracelet is wrong he just.. leaves? Then he gets in an argument because he doesn't want to return the bracelet even though it isn't his?

I bet the injuries he has are from the car crash.

Look. Think. There is no way the guy wakes up and is told he is going to surgery without him signing a dozen papers and the wife being involved. Either they both were in a daze or forgetful for the hospital was wrong.
Yes, it was stupid to leave as they did, but some folks would have, maybe me. --You would trust those "professionals" to give you further "care" when they acted like Nazis?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I once left a hospital myself against their wishes. I had been under treatment that first started with a couple days or so in Intensive Care and then nearly a week in a regular hospital room. I was feeling way better and was scheduled for discharge. It was a gorgeous summer day outside and I, experiencing cabin fever from being confined so long, paced my room back and forth waiting for the doctor to "release" me.

Well, it seemed like hours and I was sure the doctor wasn't showing up because he was out playing golf or something. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

I insisted upon leaving against angry protest from the head nurse. She threatened that should I have problems the hospital and the doctor could refuse to treat me! They didn't beat me up tho.

That was over 20 years ago and nothing happened because I really was well. This is Canada by the way. No security guards (back then) and certainly no tasers.

But doing anything except bow down and genuflect to the medical establishment certainly does raise their ire.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't have "irrational gun phobia" (btw, did you create that yourself or is it an actual mental condition?
)

Which part of it is irrational, anyway? The bit where I don't think it's right to have armed unstable civilians around stable people who are trying to help them? I'd like to hear.

I knew USA liked its guns but really, this isn't the Middle East, I would like to think you don't all get surgery and withdraw money from banks with handguns concealed on your persons.. I mean that's just scary.

[edit on 26/8/10 by Nventual]

[edit on 2010/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let's say his side is not completely true but the part about him wanting to leave is, is there a law that requires him to stay and why should he be forced to stay even if this did not happen. I'm sure this will be sorted out in court. Given the state of this country and the history of hospitals taking out the wrong body parts; my money is on the plaintiff!

I guess the cancer surgery he did not need had nothing to do with it. Here is more detail on the story from Courthouse News Service. I would paste it all but the paragraphs are pretty much ran together;

Nightmarish Hospital Visit Capped by Beating, Accident Victim Says

[edit on 2010/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This story is complete insanity.

Cancerous tumour you say nurse?

Well look here this bracelet, that isnt me, here is some ID and ID from my wife, im clearly not the guy you think i am.

Oh so sorry about that, must have been a mix up, wait ill get you a new bracelet, sorry again!

Thats basicaly what would happen. I do not believe the story we are being told is really based much on reality. The Hospital, fearing a lawsuit DECIDED TO VIOLENTLY ASSAULT SOMEONE IN A PUBLIC PLACE???? oh right yeah, because thats exactly what makes things like law suits go away. This would never happen in my country or any other country i know off. Police state fear mongering bull# designd to reinforce in the public mind this notion of compliance with hospitals. Its a scam.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1776blues

thanks for digging that up..

really the longer version of mine but ,still goes to show you what can and will happen in some hospitals...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Please return to to subject at hand, which is an alleged medical mistake at a hospital and related incidents.

The gun issue is an attempt at derailment and will not be tolerated.

Grady

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Yeah, Right.
Obviously we're only getting THEIR side of the story.

WHY would you leave a Hospital when you've just been in an accident that knocked you out for 24 hours and when you're just about to head into surgery??? Instead of notifying the Hospital that the name on the bracelet is wrong he just.. leaves? Then he gets in an argument because he doesn't want to return the bracelet even though it isn't his?

I bet the injuries he has are from the car crash.

Are you serious?!?

from what I read, they were taking him into surgery for a cancerous mass in his chest, BASED on the fact that they had him marked as the wrong person, hense the wrong name on the bracelet...

if I had someone elses name on my bracelet, I would want to get the hell out of there also

he didn't want to give back the bracelet, because that is his PROOF of malpractice

OF COURSE his injuries were from the car accident... that is why he was brought to the hospital in the first place

you are awful quick to take the other side's defence, when you obviously can't even grasp what the story is saying...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Look people...

these things really do happen..

there are plenty of places you can go look to see them yourselves..

I linked some , but go look yourself..

I believe this story to be true...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Interesting i had a friend that was in a coma for a month from a work accident and woke up with his gallbladder missing.
Never did get a clear story from the hospital just something about him running a fever so they removed his gallbladder.

I had a security guard one time try to throw me out of a hospital.
I was working as a EMT and just brought a patent in on a amblance transfer from another hospital.
While waiting for the paperwork I went out to the staff smoking area to grab a smoke.
This security guard showed up and told me that i would have to go to the visitors parking lot on the other side of the hospital to smoke about a 1/8 of a mile away.

This security guard was new and did not know that ambulance personal always used the staff area for breaks.

When he started to get hostile i pulled out the 50.000 volt stun gun
I carried and was ready to use it when one of the doctors that worked there told the security guard to back off and that all EMT/firefighter were allow to use the staff smoking area.

A number of us EMTs carried stun guns because a few EMTs had been assaulted in that area by drug users that thought we carried drugs. we were only basic life support ambulance.
Only the advanced life support ambulances manned by EMT/Paramedic carry drugs.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

The man was more than likely wanting the drugs of HIS choice and when medical staff saw through that and told him no. He became his old drugged out self. Thats actually more common than many realize. But if anyone wishes to leave a hospital and they are deemed a threat to themselves or others or have an immediate requirement for a proceadure, the Dr. and Nurse if he cannot be reached can refuse a patient to leave. If it isn't life threatning then a patient can leave against medical advice.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by mikelee]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join