It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the police haters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Congrats, you no longer have to worry about them coming by and bothering you, even if you are in need.

www.usatoday.com...

Budget cuts are forcing police around the country to stop responding to fraud, burglary and theft calls as officers focus limited resources on violent crime.

"If you come home to find your house burglarized and you call, we're not coming," said Oakland Police spokeswoman Holly Joshi. The city laid off 80 officers from its force of 687 last month and the department can't respond to burglary, vandalism, and identity theft. "It's amazing. It's a big change for us."

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Don't expect to get off with speeding tickets though.

Gatta keep the money coming in.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh no! Now when I call 911 who will waltz in 25 minutes after I've already been raped beaten and robed?

In need of police. That's funny.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
wow... this is wow. I think the police should just stop responding to the people who hate on them. I think the men an women on the force deserve some respect. I know 2 cops and its amazing what people say to them they put their butts on the line to keep your neighborhood safe. So there are a few dirty cops but there are bad people in any work place the police just get the attention of the media.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not a big change at all for Canada, they have not responded to fraud, or theft/burglary for years now. At least 20 years, whether it's your house or a vehicle stolen.
They just tell you to call your insurance company.

They'll still show up if violence towards a person is involved though.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I know 2 cops and its amazing what people say to them they put their butts on the line to keep your neighborhood safe.

When police only respond to complaints, which means they don't typically arrive until after or during a crime is committed they aren't keeping anything "safe", they are acting as a punishment and enforcement squad.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

I once wanted to be a cop, until I started doing ride alongs and got to know the town police. 2 of the biggest douche bags in my high school became cops. They were both loner types, bullies, not very bright, not the best in sports. most of all they were the biggest sleaze bags in school--HUGEST DATE RAPERS EVER.. BOTH OF THEM, as seniors, would get freshman girls drunk and first date date rape. (even virgin girls) then brag about how hot they were, how the girls were all over them. sick people.

I beat one up one time feshman year ( same grade as me, same size). i was in the pe locker room getting ready to change into pe gear. As I was holding, sharing, and eating a bag of skittles candy, "John" walked by, ripped the bag of candy from my hands, threw it on the floor, said "no candy allowed in locker room", and thought he was going to walk away.. Little did he know, this country boy was tough. i ended up with him in a head lock, pounding his face with the other hand. ----I KNEW THAT DAY, 1989, WAS THE DAY HE WAS TO BECOME A COP-- all the poser tough guys flock to the police..

as a former marine sniper I can definitely pass this on to you, a great man, USMC GUNNER BROWN CWO said about all cops "they pin on their courage and strap on their balls"---how true he was!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I'm talking about police in general get yelled at. One story I heard was some guy was trying to get out of a ticket and called the police woman I know a dirty government wh*re, and then spit on guess what they can't do anything about it.

And Yes they do keep your neighborhood safe. Next time some serial killer is around your town you can arrest the guy and find out who they are. Good luck...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'd be all in favor of not having police respond to people that hate on them.

This way they wouldn't come and bother me when I don't pay my taxes.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

I'm talking about police in general get yelled at. One story I heard was some guy was trying to get out of a ticket and called the police woman I know a dirty government wh*re, and then spit on guess what they can't do anything about it.
I have no doubt that there are plenty of people who treat decent police like the bad guys, but your appeal to emotion doesn't bother me.

And Yes they do keep your neighborhood safe. Next time some serial killer is around your town you can arrest the guy and find out who they are. Good luck...

If a serial killer is around long enough to become a serial killer, why don't you ask his first victims how safe the police kept their neighborhood.

If I want safety from criminals I'll put a gun in one hand and a knife in the other.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think the men an women on the force deserve some respect. I know 2 cops and its amazing what people say to them they put their butts on the line to keep your neighborhood safe. So there are a few dirty cops but there are bad people in any work place the police just get the attention of the media.

Come back and post after you've run up against one of the dirty ones.

Sorry to tell you but cops - at least around here - have responded to the economic crisis by changing from their traditional "serve and protect" role to becoming predators trying to shake down money for whoever they work for. Woman driving alone in a nice car - make up a reason to stop, then easy to intimidate, likely to pay. And a lot easier than chasing gang members.

Oh, you'll love this too. Heard some cops talking about their first taser experience. They thought it was hilarious and called it "flying the electric kite".

Cops - really "nice" people who, BTW, do not stop crimes from happening. No, they only investigate (some) crimes that have already happened - check their arrest and conviction stats for serious crime if you don't believe me. Cops won't admit this, but it's always been up to you to protect your own.

stats

Less than a 50% arrest rate for serious crimes ...

[edit on 8/25/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

cops are the biggest cowards ever.. i also worked with them as a federal officer after the marine corps. in san fran, and san diego.. at least 50% are the sleaze bag types, do drugs, beat their girl friends, steal, etc . so what, you know 2?? really you know 2 cops... holy cow, YOU MUST BE THE AUTHORITY ON POLICE BEHAVIOR THEN??? how many beats have you road along on, ever listen to the radio comms?? ever look at that little screen in the dash? ever listen to a raid open mic'ed, ever been on a bust??

ATTENTION EVERYONE-- knowing two cops on a personal and casual level ensures you know enough about the daily conduct of police officers!!! SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i dont exactly hate police, but i have little use for them. largely, they have
been militarized..they are there to find something wrong
and issue punishment. I'm not saying that alot of cops are are not ok guys,
just doing a tough job..but beware how they are just a nwo tool..
it is a police Force...they enforce the laws as dictated by who then?
now they are travel agents for private prisons.
riding roughshod over liberty

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by rebeldog

Obviously "2" is a very small sample. But consider that may be 100% of the cops he knows. Also consider the alleged checks and interviews and battery of investigations these "2" went through and still became cops despite rampant douchbaggery. Coincidence or par for the course?

I can attest that 100% of the cops I personally know, some old cops some new cops some state cops some local cops and one federal "cop" are unabashed douchebags. The most recent guy turn cop I know personally became a douchbag almost overnight.

I used to think bad cops were unusual and that the system would weed them out. I was wrong. Very wrong. They're all bad or will soon be bad and the system encourages and rewards it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

wow... this is wow. I think the police should just stop responding to the people who hate on them. I think the men an women on the force deserve some respect. I know 2 cops and its amazing what people say to them they put their butts on the line to keep your neighborhood safe. So there are a few dirty cops but there are bad people in any work place the police just get the attention of the media.

keep us safe?... how? they can't prevent crime from happening before hand,they come after a crime is committed,so no i don't look to them to "keep safe" ... so so long and ill depend on my own "keeping me safe".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Sadly, she seems to have swallowed some of the police kool-aid. Hopefully, reading all these posts will help her shake it off.

Again, look at the crime stats I posted. Cops have less than a 50% arrest rate for serious crimes.

Exactly how is that keeping us all safe, when it means most of the people doing the crimes are not getting arrested?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Personally I think we could use less cops than we have now and keep cutting until they have somthing to keep them busy. Last thing I should EVER see is a cop parked in a hiddn place looking for speeders. If they have exra time to park and entrap basic people for driving a little fast then they really are not needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

So You just automatically know a killer when you see one? And You just know exactly when some one is going to kill? The police cant be everywhere at every time, and catching a killer is harder than you think. Could you do it? Probably not.

reply to post by rebeldog

Show my your stats that 50% are sleaze bags.

reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I'm sure if the cops were to disappear we'd all notice

To all you other haters. Look I like the cops you can hate them all you want but, Your letting your little media stream to you that they are all bad cops when hey I'm sure quite a few are good. You try being them for a day, how about a week .

As for tazing, hell I've seen people get tazed its funny when they willingly do it. All cops get tazed for training. My best friends sister is a cop and they take them pretty seriously, and do get reprimanded, your little media outlet wont tell you that.

Most of you are making LARGE assumptions, Give me cold hard facts that EVERY cop or 50% of Canada or the USA's cops are dirty and then then I'll consider them maybe not the greatest.

I'm a cop supporter and I really don't care what you all think. I'm going to keep on supporting them because, they keep my neighborhood safe in my mind I sure as hell feel safer with them around.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

So You just automatically know a killer when you see one? And You just know exactly when some one is going to kill? The police cant be everywhere at every time, and catching a killer is harder than you think.

So you admit that police don't actually keep us safe?

All cops get tazed for training. My best friends sister is a cop and they take them pretty seriously, and do get reprimanded, your little media outlet wont tell you that.

No they don't.

I have a friend who is a State Trooper, they don't use Tazers and thus, don't get Tazed as part of their training.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
oops, Douple post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join