It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to dismiss some deportation cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.chron.com...

The Department of Homeland Security is systematically reviewing thousands of pending immigration cases and moving to dismiss those filed against suspected illegal immigrants who have no serious criminal records, according to several sources familiar with the efforts.

Richard Rocha, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said Tuesday that the review is part of the agency's broader, nationwide strategy to prioritize the deportations of illegal immigrants who pose a threat to national security and public safety. Rocha declined to provide further details.

Yet, do they even go after "illegal immigrants who pose a threat to national security and public safety." There was another thread on this forum that stated the boarder patrol was moving away from the actual boarder they are suppossed to protect because they are getting out gunned. What, are we giving up then?

I get it. These people havent committed serious crimes other then being in the country illegally. I understand they want to come here to get a better life, I trully do, and wish them all the well as long as they follow the guidelines for doing so.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A little over two months ago, I started a thread titled "Obama Refocuses ICE from Illegals", that talks about Obama refocussing ICE away from illegals, only to have them focus on criminally activity.

That thread, along with this new tid-bit, only makes me think that they are implamenting some kind of back-door amnesty. After all, you have to have that cheap labor for corporate interests and more importantly, you need a busy and open border to get the narcotics through.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Legal Americans dismiss the Feds

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Legal Americans dismiss the Feds

That is actually becoming more and more evident unfortunately. You would think that somebody worried about their job would start to wake up to what they people who are employing them want but no, they just think we wont do anything about it. The bailouts were actually somewhat of a good thing now that people are actually woken up to the fact that the government doesnt care about them or what they want.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Could not agree with you more! It also strikes me that it's become by and large "politically incorrect" to express opinions that endorse tighter immigration control. It seems these days you'd be better off in some cases saying "I hate babies" than to admit you think we have an illegal immigration problem.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by supergeek]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by supergeek
reply to post by airspoon

Could not agree with you more! It also strikes me that it's become by and large "politically incorrect" to express opinions that endorse tighter immigration control. It seems these days you'd be better off in some cases saying "I hate babies" than to admit you think we have an illegal immigration problem.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by supergeek]

Its because we dont have an immigration problem. We practically have a warzone on our boarder and thats the truth. People coming here lookin for work and to better their lives, I get it. But the drug runners that are gunning down our own people on our boarder towns and the government isnt doing anything but turning tale, that is a an invasion and we are giving ground.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Plenty of people worried about their jobs can see the problem. It's just that they can do nothing about it. They cannot change the policy and some will indeed lose their jobs (that have not yet lost their jobs) to these illegals and more or less have their lives ruined. But the US government wants that to happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by dizzie56

Plenty of people worried about their jobs can see the problem. It's just that they can do nothing about it. They cannot change the policy and some will indeed lose their jobs (that have not yet lost their jobs) to these illegals and more or less have their lives ruined. But the US government wants that to happen.

I was talking about the people in government who are primed to loose their jobs. Congressmen are not doing anything. The prez isnt doing anything. The courts arent backing people. Our boarder patrol is GIVING GROUND. Im not talking about the everyday people that are in this mess like the rest of us. Im talking about the people who make the policy and must answer to us or they get booted from their cushy jobs in November.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

wish them all the well as long as they follow the guidelines for doing so.

Unfortunetly the guidlines favour wealth over need. Thus if you can invest 1 million dollars into the American economy, you are welcome. If you can throw a ball really well, you are welcome. If you can shake your hips to some plastic tune, you are welcome.

If you're poor and want to work so that your family can eat, or god forbid perhaps so that your family can have a chance at a better future, you're only welcome if you can pay up.

Immigration policy is broken in the USA.

That is exactly how the corporate overlords want it. If you keep that population of the desperate as an underclass, they won't complain when you screw them. Over and Over again.

I'm glad that they are using more commen sense.

I grew up in America. Went to school. Had a career. Had a good life. I wasn't on welfare. I paid my taxes. I voted. I was a part of my community. I obeyed the law of the land ( well..except one
).

In 2006 I was deported to a country I had not been in since I was a toddler. A country in which I could not speak the language. A country which was foreign to me in everyway.

You lost a good citizen, because I wasn't willing or able to pay for my green card. I was a good American, in everyway but a piece of paper.

If you're a criminal AND an illegal alien, you should be deported. But if you're only crime is the desire to live in the "greatest country on earth"....then I suggest it is a minor crime and the offender should be looked upon as someone who canmake a contribution to America, a contribution not only of tax dollars, but a contribution of someone who appreciates what it means to be a citizen of the "greatest" country on earth.

In the end, I couldn't stay in the country of my birth, I was too Americanized. I immigrated to the United Kingdom. In 14 months I will begin the process of becoming a full citizen. England wants me! That makes me happy.

new topics

top topics

join