It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder Targetted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wikileaks Founder Says He's Been Targeted By Smear Campaign

This was predicted by many people right here on ATS. anyone who has read the official history of various intelligence services knows that this is standard operating procedure. If you can't stop someone then take away all credibility by making them a bad person to associate yourself with.

I think whoever is doing this has shot themselves in the foot because it's so obvious, so blatantly manufactured that it can't be ignored by even the mainstream press.

I imagine wikileaks is looking for something big now, because this will turn into revenge.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes it was already posted on board. I dont have link to thread but do a search you'll find.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

I did a search and i didn't see this article, please link the thread. I know there is a thread about the allegations but this is an update to the entire issue and most importantly it's a big mainstream outlet (CNN).

[edit on 24-8-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It covers the same kinda discussion. Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

It's up to the MODS but it's a different date with updated information so i think a second thread is justified.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i heard about the rape accusation on fox news, the day it happened.. I didn't know they retracted it, though, because fox news didn't bother to report the retraction.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
i heard about the rape accusation on fox news, the day it happened.. I didn't know they retracted it, though, because fox news didn't bother to report the retraction.

Well FOX hates wikileaks because FOX news has such a massive pro government agenda it's astounding. If they do report the retraction it'll no doubt be laced with comments saying the man is obviously guilty and escaping justice or some rubbish.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, I guess we should just hope that the majority of the people can see this for what it truly is...and not get caught up in what their media and governments tell them. People are getting so sick and suspicious of media and government that hopefully they can see right through any sort of campaign to discredit him.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised that this man is being targeted?

What took so long for people to figure this mystery out??

Those supplying him with the intel should be held accountable for treason in WAR time!!

WTF... This man is certainly no hero nor are those feeding him the data.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Anything to slam fox eh?? Oh Well here's the truth.

Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded

[edit on 24-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Is anyone really surprised that this man is being targeted?

What took so long for people to figure this mystery out??

Those supplying him with the intel should be held accountable for treason in WAR time!!

WTF... This man is certainly no hero nor are those feeding him the data.

I thought the war was over? Mission accomplished and all that? It hasn't taken anyone long to figure this out, lots of us were saying it when wikileaks was first around, this thread is about the blatant way this is being done, it's almost desparate.

A hero is maybe a little rich but when someone stands up to corruption then yes i respect them. Understand this isn't just about the war or governments, wikileaks has exposed private data about corporations as well, including banks who had some very seedy practices.

You think it's bad to expose corruption? You think it's bad to expose wrong doing?

Ok then.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded

A tiny little retraction, buried in the Europe section under a mountain of other headlines. Yes they retracted it, but they tried to hide it away

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

A tiny little retraction, buried in the Europe section under a mountain of other headlines. Yes they retracted it, but they tried to hide it away

STOCKHOLM – STOCKHOLM (AP) — Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded.

www.foxnews.com...

Notice that the AP article and the alleged case are based in STOCKHOLM! Hence the World section of Fox News.com. Also note that Fox simply reported on a story from Stockholm via the Associated Press. Prosecutors in Stockholm not the US or from FoxNews withdrew the warrant. Fox was not accusing anyone just reporting a story.

Nice Reach!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You know you're right, FOX news is obviously a bastion of free speech and rarely makes any mistakes, of wait no that's not true! They have been caught out often telling utter lies and massively exaggerating the truth. As for freedom, lol they seem to betray that pretty often.

Anyway this thread isn't about FOX news and i'm confused as to why you turned it into that. This thread is about the allegations regarding Assange and the rather obvious plan to discredit him.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Perhaps you should read your own thread. I was merely correcting the false assumption by another poster that Fox did not print a retraction. Then of course, the Fox News floodgates were opened by you with more false information.

Back on topic, whenever we have troops on the ground that are being targeted and killed by an enemy, we are at WAR.

Poor Wikeleaks weirdo thought he was free to move about the cabin while ignoring the fasten seat belt sign. Guess what? Consider what just happened to him to be just a love tap and a small bump of turbulence. You can't expect this man to piss off so many high ranking individuals without any fear of retribution whatsoever.

If any of his "leaked" info leads to the torture, deaths or injuries of soldiers or civilians they should lean on this man very hard.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Agreed, it was obviously a smear campaign...a very poor one at that. And i will also say that both assange and his informants are the real heroes in all this, shining a light on to the filth that is hidden from public view by the military is always a good thing. The informants are the ones fighting for their country and trying to uphold it's ideals, not those involved in the cold blooded murder of civilians as we saw in the last video wikileaks posted, no doubt very tame compared to other atrocities committed by the military that will hopefully be unveiled in the future.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

STOCKHOLM – STOCKHOLM (AP) — Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded.

www.foxnews.com...

Notice that the AP article and the alleged case are based in STOCKHOLM! Hence the World section of Fox News.com. Also note that Fox simply reported on a story from Stockholm via the Associated Press. Prosecutors in Stockholm not the US or from FoxNews withdrew the warrant. Fox was not accusing anyone just reporting a story.

Nice Reach!!

I think the point he is making, is that FAUXnews made a big deal about the charges, but when they were dropped, they reported it, but quietly, as opposed when they were salvitating at a chance to attack someone when the allegations became public. IN THAT CASE, yes, FAUXnews did their best to not mention in BIG HEADLINE FASHION the retraction.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Agreed, it was obviously a smear campaign...a very poor one at that. And i will also say that both assange and his informants are the real heroes in all this, shining a light on to the filth that is hidden from public view by the military is always a good thing. The informants are the ones fighting for their country and trying to uphold it's ideals, not those involved in the cold blooded murder of civilians as we saw in the last video wikileaks posted, no doubt very tame compared to other atrocities committed by the military that will hopefully be unveiled in the future.

What do you think would happen to Assange and his informants if they pulled these stunts back in 1944?? Do you think atrocities were committed back then by all military forces? Let's examine every war shall we. I have an uncle who fought in Korea and my father fought in Vietnam. I have friends who fought TWICE in Iraq and they can certainly share stories that will blow your mind. My grandfather wouldn't even speak about his combat time in Europe but he loved to talk about boot camp and the down time between skirmishes.

Nothing is different when it comes to the raw elements of war and combat. The main difference between 1944 and now is the internet and the worlds lust for 24 hour amusement and information. Is it right to compromise the safety of soldiers and civilians during a time of war just to fill air time, bandwidth and create even more doubt and fear in the world?

Save it for the Hague AFTER the war when our soldiers are back on US soil!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Is it right to compromise the safety of soldiers and civilians during a time of war just to fill air time, bandwidth and create even more doubt and fear in the world?

Save it for the Hague AFTER the war when our soldiers are back on US soil!!!

Is it right to compromise the safety of soldiers and civilians by starting an unnecessary war just to fill your own greedy pockets?

What's better, thousands of soliders and civilians getting killed while waiting years and years (and years and years and years) for the war to finish? or trying to expose the government's crimes to the public in the hope that they can be pressured into bringing the troops home so they don't have to spend any more time risking their lives for nothing?

Sure, Assange made a mistake by not checking all the documents before releasing them but his one mistake and the lives that might be lost because of it pales in comparison to the multitude of lives that were lost and atrocities intentionally committed by the US Government, all in the name of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

TPM

new topics

top topics

join