It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish rape warrant for Wikileaks' Assange cancelled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

Sweden has cancelled an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on accusations of rape and molestation.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority website said the chief prosecutor had come to the decision that Mr Assange was not suspected of rape but did not give any further explanation.

The warrant was issued late on Friday.

Wikileaks, which has been criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, had quoted Mr Assange as saying the charges were "without basis".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Someone has egg on their face!

The charges have been cancelled, Julian Assange was innocent as we all knew, and the powers that be have committed an EPIC FAIL....

It will be interesting to see what they try and pin on him next. Sex with animals? Umpteen unpaid parking fines? Owning too many copies of WHAM! music?

Honestly - as we all suspected, this was a poor attempt at smearing the good name of a great man.

Parallex.

www.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Absolut eproof of a left wing conspiracy. Don't you people realize how absurd you all sound? Cry wolf long enough and when the wolf actually shows up...

Originally posted by Parallex

www.bbc.co.uk

Sweden has cancelled an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on accusations of rape and molestation.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority website said the chief prosecutor had come to the decision that Mr Assange was not suspected of rape but did not give any further explanation.

Wikileaks, which has been criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, had quoted Mr Assange as saying the charges were "without basis".

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Absolut proof of a left wing conspiracy. Don't you people realize how absurd you all sound? Cry wolf long enough and when the wolf actually shows up...

Originally posted by Parallex

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

It will be interesting to see what they try and pin on him next.

Something to do with sex with children would be my guess. The usual strategy of inducing a heart attack could backfire here, as surely he's made arrangements to have the insurance file password released in the event of his death.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They probably canceled it because they didnt have any proof;
Or the girl admitted that she was lying,
Maybe she was a prostitute and got mad that she didnt get a bigger tip,
Or maybe the girl was just trying to be famous or something...
Or maybe the CIA is trying to scare him....

[edit on 21-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Apparently he gave the US the passwords to the files just a short while ago, that was also in breaking news, so that may explain this.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
front page guys

We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion.
Your post has been determined to be too short. Please use your browser's back button and add to your message.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The propaganda against Assange and WikiLeaks has dramatically increased in recent weeks and all tactics are being employed. From these charges to the whole "the release of these documents could endanger American soldiers" is nothing more than a propaganda campaign meant to invoke emotion from the masses against Assange in order to smear his image and effectively silence him.

Of course, if that does not work, he may just "commit suicide". Or he may be a victim in a "random act of violence"? Perhaps he will die in a car accident in which he was driving intoxicated? These tragic "accidents" always seem to happen to the most visible and outspoken critics of our overlords.

Personally, I believe he would already be dead were it not for his insurance file. It is only a matter of time before someone hacks it, though, and if it is a bluff, I believe he will be permanently silenced.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Quoted in the Independant News (www.independent.co.uk...) - 'Julian Assange's lawyer has said that the WikiLeaks founder will fight attempts to have him extradited to Sweden because he fears that it will be the beginning of a process which will ultimately see him handed over to the US authorities'.

So the sex allegations were false.... Well, there's a thing. Now that's failed, how will the USA/CIA get him set up this time. Oooh I know, lets set off two bombs, and get the word 'terrorist' attached to them, then we can say, see... it's his fault, cos he's done this by releasing secret information etc....

It smacks of '9/11', and I bet any money you like it was USA instigated!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

edit on 12-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This thread is from August, when the rape charges were indeed cancelled (only to be brought back again). I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but unless we have fresh sources showing they have been cancelled once again, then he's still in the same legal troubles.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
WHY WOULD YOU BUMP AN OLD THREAD?

posted on 21-8-2010

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

edit on 12-12-2010 by bluemirage5 because: original article was from August 2010

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Did anyone seriously think there was going to be any extradition and trial?

The accuser played her part in keeping Mr. Assange and Wikileaks front and centre in the press, just to keep the appearance of "the man" trying to silence him.
Last I heard, she had left Sweden to go do humanitarian work in the Palestinian territories... via Israel no doubt!

C'mon people, how much more evidence that Wikileaks is an orchestrated psyop and document releae do you need?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I did a search and posted on here by mistake. I've reposted on the current thread about Swedish bombs.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have to say, this whole wikileaks thing is shaking up ATS.
a quarter of us think Wikileaks is the best thing since the watergate scandal.
a quarter of us think it's an inside op.
and the rest of us... are just confused as the next person.
Like how do you cancel a prosecution...
I have never heard of a cancellation...
Charges can be dropped...but that is once someone goes to court.
Isn't this just blatant evidence that there was no rape or real reason to go after Assange.

Interpol puts out arrest warrent OVER the rape allegations.
Turns him self in.
Now he faces extradition to the states for espionage.
I'm not buying it...
Smells like a fishmarket.

top topics

join