It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 School Children Encounter Aliens - Zimbabwe, 1994

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
There is already a review of the documentary here.

That chap doesn't seem impressed with it at all.

-m0r

Well honestly, I prefer to draw my own conclusions about it after seeing it. It's an investigation of a very serious issue. It's not entertainment. Maybe the guy was expecting something like that? I don't know. It could involve alien visitation with more than 60 witnesses. Again, these witnesses must be contacted now that they're no children anymore and listen what they have to say.

What will happen if they came out and repeat the same version again. Say good bye to the "children joke" theory and open a gate for some serious #, at least as I see this case.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh Please! Its Zimbabwe, you give them a chocolate bar and they will say anything you want. I can't believe in this day and age people still believe in aliens lol...................

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill
I think it's very important to contact the witnesses NOW that 16 years already passed, enough time to revisit the case.

Good luck finding a lot of the witnesses; there was a mass exodus of whites from Zimbabwe in 1999.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by JackHill
I think it's very important to contact the witnesses NOW that 16 years already passed, enough time to revisit the case.

Good luck finding a lot of the witnesses; there was a mass exodus of whites from Zimbabwe in 1999.

That why I mentioned somebody living in the US should make a call to the John Mack Institute and ask about news of that documentary. It's mentioned that it will include testimonies of the already growed up witnesses.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Oh Please! Its Zimbabwe, you give them a chocolate bar and they will say anything you want. I can't believe in this day and age people still believe in aliens lol...................

Wow...racist, unenlightened and poor grammar. You hit the trifecta.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This story has very little evidence aside from the carefully staged interviews administered by "believers". The face value claims of school children can not be taken as the evidence required to believe this story. We need more than their mismatched stories.

Children in a school setting are extremely susceptible to peer pressure as I'm sure all of us can remember from our own childhood years. All it would take is a few older kids to invent or imagine this story and soon an entire schoolyard could be full of kids who claimed to have seen alien visitors. I remember back when I was in school how quickly rumors and legends could spread to all members of the student body. Throw in some adult visors coming to interview them about "the aliens" and you have a perfect Ufology myth.

I've known about this story for the past few years and I've never been impressed with it. It screams to me of childhood fantasy mixed with the influence of interviewers seeking answers before they have the evidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Children in a school setting are extremely susceptible to peer pressure as I'm sure all of us can remember from our own childhood years. All it would take is a few older kids to invent or imagine this story and soon an entire schoolyard could be full of kids who claimed to have seen alien visitors. I remember back when I was in school how quickly rumors and legends could spread to all members of the student body. Throw in some adult visors coming to interview them about "the aliens" and you have a perfect Ufology myth.
Yes, but I still don't believe those children are lying. If they are lying, they fooled me, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
as long as the debunkers and non believers never believe. ufos and aliens will never be believed.

lets just say all the senators and the congress all seen ufos and aliens but never took pictures. the debunkers and non believers would still not believe.

ok, lets just say all the debunkers and non believers seen ufos and aliens. they would figure out some way to debunk themselves so they wouldn't have to believe.

but yet most all believe in god and heaven....lol

now who's nuts?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by aliengenes]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There was a comment made by a little girl who appeared to be of mixed race. She said at first she thought she was seeing and alien; then, she thought it was a gardener. That really astounded me on several levels. Perhaps these aliens were the gardeners of this planet.

Another girl as I recall said that the aliens were very astonished to see the children -- puts one to wondering why they were astonished. Were they not expecting to encounter human beings in their garden?

It remains a fascinating story, but of these children I suspect most of the white children are no longer in Zimbabwe, and any of mixed race are probably in South Africa now: I say this since I know some Zimbabweans of mixed race who now live in South Africa.

In some posts I saw some refer to "the white children" and the "African children" when they were all African children -- some white, some black, some mixed.

USAmericans especially seem to forget that all sorts of people of different racial, tribal, and ethnic backgrounds call Africa home from the Tswana and the Boers in the South to the Touareg and the Bedouin in the North. To use "African" as the equivalent of "black" is a profound error.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
This story has very little evidence aside from the carefully staged interviews administered by "believers". The face value claims of school children can not be taken as the evidence required to believe this story. We need more than their mismatched stories.

I've known about this story for the past few years and I've never been impressed with it. It screams to me of childhood fantasy mixed with the influence of interviewers seeking answers before they have the evidence.

All the above can be solved if the witnesses can be contacted now that they're adults. I remember these times and yes, some children used to have a great imagination and will make stories, but I never heard of 60+ children making up something like this.

Remember that the teachers declared that the children were really excited about seeing something and they rejected it. But later, after the children went to their homes, some parents were concerned about what really happened and they asked it to the teachers. That's why I believe they started to pay attention about what the children had to say.

I understand that some UFO researchers must have a deep wish about something like this being truth, but if you read the above, how the events happened, I must admit that in fact they didn't make this up, that indeed they saw something unusual enough to freak them. Also, there is the little detail that they were not just 2 o 3 children, we're talking about 60+ here. That no one said after this that was all a joke, a lie, is weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is an excellent case to shatter the debunkers worldwide. How can these people out in rural Africa come up with this stuff?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by epicvision
This is an excellent case to shatter the debunkers worldwide. How can these people out in rural Africa come up with this stuff?

They were not in rural Africa. Ruwa is just 20 km outside of Harare, the capitol of Zimbabwe, a city with 2.8 million people in its metropolitan area. You are assuming, without any reason, that because it occurred in Africa, the witnesses were rural, uneducated, unimaginative and completely unexposed to media of any sort.

You are also failing to acknowledge that some of the witnesses did not see an "alien" but believed to be seeing a Tokoloshe which does not resemble a grey alien in any aspect.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
mass hallucination is the biggest BS that tptb try to pawn off to discredit everything from religious visions to alien sightings that their normal debunking methods like swamp gas and weather balloons don't work. 62 children hallucinating and alien ship landing and talking to a alien for 40 mins is beyond hallucinating. if they where hallucinating they should all be institutionalized for the remainder of their lives because that would mean they are completely psychotic. that or they where all dosed with lsd. even then typical hallucination las for seconds and would all be different for each kid. they are right, the world's going to end because it has been prophesied to John by no less than God and nothing man can do to change that.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
mass hallucination is the biggest BS that tptb try to pawn off to discredit everything from religious visions to alien sightings that their normal debunking methods like swamp gas and weather balloons don't work. 62 children hallucinating and alien ship landing and talking to a alien for 40 mins is beyond hallucinating.

Mass hallucination and folie a deux are far more common than you might think. They do occur frequently in that part of the world, often attributed to demons or goblins.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

How is "mass hallucination" possible though? Doesn't that obviously mean some sort of telepathic link exists between all the people hallucinating, because the stories are often way too similar to be something that they all just so happened to imagine at the same time. What a load of crap that is.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
How is "mass hallucination" possible though? Doesn't that obviously mean some sort of telepathic link exists between all the people hallucinating, because the stories are often way too similar to be something that they all just so happened to imagine at the same time. What a load of crap that is.
I suspect this had less to do with telepathy and more to do with the anterior insula and anterior cingulate areas in the brain:

Peer pressure

Youth peer pressure is one of the most frequently referred to forms of negative peer pressure. It is particularly common because most young people spend large amounts of time in fixed groups (schools and subgroups within them) regardless of their opinion of those groups. In addition to this, they may lack the maturity to handle pressure from 'friends'. Also, young people are more willing to behave negatively towards those who are not members of their own peer groups.
And scientists studying this found the areas of the brain responsible for driving this behavior:

Neuroimaging identifies the anterior insula and anterior cingulate as key areas in the brain determining whether people conform in their preferences in regard to its being popular with their peer group.

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
There was a comment made by a little girl who appeared to be of mixed race. She said at first she thought she was seeing and alien; then, she thought it was a gardener.
Doesn't that tell you something right there? Can't you imagine the peer pressure placed on that child if she claims it's the gardener? Her classmates telling her she doesn't want to be the only one saying it was a gardener when the rest of her classmates thought it was an alien? If you've seen peer pressure at work in schools, I suspect you will agree, this is no stretch of the imagination for such a dialog to take place.

And what made 600 Mexican girls all imagine the same thing?

They even had physical symptoms or at least thought they did.

Collective hysteria happens, but it's not telepathic. Stress may be a factor and based on the "message from the aliens" the Zimbabwe students reported, you have to wonder if they had some fear that mankind is destroying the planet, and since it seems quite likely that we are, I wouldn't say this is an unfounded fear. Stress factors were also noted in the mass delusions of the 600 Mexican girls.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, I understand that concept, but most of these children describe beings with huge black eyes and wearing black suites. Most of their drawings of the craft were very similar also. I highly doubt there is any chance they all hallucinated something like that.

you have to wonder if they had some fear that mankind is destroying the planet, and since it seems quite likely that we are, I wouldn't say this is an unfounded fear.
That's highly unlikely... children of that age wouldn't get SO worried over such a complex topic unless perhaps one of the teachers was teaching them about all the harm we do to this planet in an overly dramatic fashion.

[edit on 24/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Mass Hallucinations are definitely an aspect that has to be considered.. but in all actuality, highly unlikely. Every child present said they were alerted by a noise in the air and then they saw a silver, round ship, that was quite large hovering in the air. Also nearly every witness stated the SAME thing.. not typical of mass hallucination. Also, the events of the landing transpired over a period of time as well, - with mass hallucination the hallucination does not evolve with noises and sights so distinct over a period of time.

IMO this is probably one of the best documented cases of a mass landing and the only way that skeptics can disprove or poo poo away is to say that there was either a mass hallucination or the people are lying which shows a an inherent lack of faith which exists in all die-hard skeptics.

Its funny that in this video the children seem to say that the beings had long hair like a hippie LOL (7:32) - but they do say it had large black eyes.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by epicvision]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I look insistent, but has anyone here called to the John Mack Institute and asked about the new documentary that will include interviews with the now growed up children?

www.johnemackinstitute.org...

www.johnemackinstitute.org...

Ontopic, I'm not buying AT ALL the mass hysteria hyphotesis. It sounds like some sort of excuse that sounds good because it's less bizarre than aliens landing close to a school...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by epicvision

Those videos are great, thanks for posting them. I thought it was interesting the boys couldn't describe what kind of clothing the little black man had on, all they could say is he had long hair. Also in the first video:

Cynthia Hind: "What did you think it was?"

Girl: "Well, everybody was saying there were UFOs and everything, so..

Cynthia Hind:"Were you perhaps influenced by what the other children said?"

The girl answers "sort of" but I think the more telling answer to that question was her first response, when Hind asked the girl what she thought it was, and she chose to answer about what all the other children were saying.
============
One comment Cynthia Hind made I thought was interesting, in the second video at 2:40, "I find the girls descriptions are slightly different than the boys which is obvious". I wonder why?

at 5 1/2 minutes, regarding television bias:

Cynthia Hind: "What did you think it was?"

Anna: "I don't know, I thought it was some kind of alien from a different planet".

Cynthia Hind: "So you knew about UFOs?"

Anna "yes"

Cynthia Hind: "You watched on television?"

Anna "yes"

OK so much for the theory that nobody had any TVs or had never seen anything about UFOs before!

Then they had the girl who thought it was an alien then thought it was the gardener. Maybe it was the gardener?

Cynthia Hind is just a terrible interviewer, for one thing doing group interviews like that allows children to hear what the other children say first which can influence what they say. Don't police investigators separate the people when interviewing them, so they can't hear each others stories?

The thing that's hard to understand is, if the guy was black, maybe wearing black clothing according to one child, if he had large black eyes, how would they know? There's no contrast in black against black? And if the children saw the guy at all it seems they only got a shadowy glimpse of him and couldn't describe him very well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join