It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks, Assange and Langley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Everyone knows who Julian Assange is and Wikileaks has become a hot topic around the world due to their massive amount of leaked documents that are sensitive and classified. For some he is seen as a shining beacon of hope, a martyr for the cause of truth if he is indeed killed. Others see him as a traitor, a modern day heretic and a fool.

When I look at him I can blatantly see things that don’t fit. My theory is that he has been aided by certain people / groups / factions within the government. More specifically Langley, the Central Intelligence Agency, spooks, those guys that we hate because they are all evil, etc. I’ve noticed for the past few years the CIA has become more “distant” to the rest of the government agencies and congress as a whole. Go back to Holder and the ACLU’s crusade against them a few months ago. Add that with the restrictions, limitations and no-go’s that Congress has placed on them and it makes it clear. This is a message to everyone else. It’s basically telling everyone that we are tired of being stepped on. Were not some little agency created a few months ago during the huge agency creation burst. We are literally the greatest intelligence agency that has ever existed that has been castrated. (Don’t get into a debate about this. I’m including throughout history (OSS, etc.)

With the polarization towards the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the majority of the U.S Government the CIA has had a very bad decade along with the failures pre and post-9-11. The walls have been closing in on the fractured agency and they have been screwed over by their own government. The director, Leon Panetta, is incompetent and the worst possible choice for the agency. Budget cuts, external investigations, criticisms and crusades from non-intelligence personnel have really pissed them off and hurt important operations. Careers have been ruined, case officers killed and operations shattered.

I don’t care what Assange and Manning have to say about how they did it. As a family member of mine said, who has 30+ years in the military and in the intelligence community, a PFC (Even if he is an intel analyst), shouldn’t be able to release all of that material that easily. I personally believe that a certain person or element with the agency found a way to hurt, covertly and overtly, the opposition within the CIA and the US government as a whole. If the CIA really wanted Assange dead it would have happened long ago.

But you’re probably saying they couldn’t due to the public and political backlash. He could mysteriously die in his sleep, fall up twenty flights of stairs, shoot himself before drowning himself, etc. They could have him within hours. They could make him disappear leaving the public to wonder what the hell happened. Sure many would scream CIA assassination but with no evidence it’s all talk. If this much is at stake a certain saying comes to mind: Exitus Acta Probat, the result justifies the deed. That also goes both ways.

But they haven’t and they won’t. Surprisingly it seems like the CIA has been on the sidelines and trying to look the other way. If they had zero involvement we would be seeing the exact opposite. Now whether Assange has been aided by one person or a number of people, possibly even the highest levels of the agency, I honestly don’t know. Maybe they haven’t done anything but they are loving the show so far?

Assange isn’t some highly trained spy or international man of mystery. He’s a geek. While it’s done well for his public image on the internet it simply isn’t possible in today’s world without some form of help. I’m not saying that he has a full task force devoted just to his aid in one of those non-descript locked rooms in the more obscure parts of the CIA headquarters. But all it would take is for the right people to look the other way at the right time, move things along more quickly and smoother and others to just ignore what’s going on right in front of them.

What about the encryption on the “insurance” packages that he sent out? If I remember correctly it was an extremely high-level of encryption, the kind that is usually found around the NSA or CIA. How did that get into his hands? Or does he have a lot of friends in the right places? I don’t think it’s that convenient. He doesn’t have friends in those places but he probably has supporters.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am more of a lurker and this is probably just some crazy theory. I'm definitely not an expert and I don't know everything that has to do with the Wikileaks scandal but this is just something that I've been thinking about. Before anyone asks I don't see Assange as some evil bastard. Sure I don't like how he's putting people lives in danger, were talking in the thousands, but at the same time it certainly makes for an interesting conflict.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is always the possibility that he is actually a CIA asset. I can't see him being an case officer but he could be just another tool in the toolbox. I just refuse to believe that this is some lonewolf internet activist that is standing up against the government.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Possible theory, but I disagree. Sometimes you need to rely on your intuition when forming your views on these types of stories. The facts and information available don't quite cut it. My intuition tells me that Mr. Assange is a truth seeker who has pissed off some powerful people.

There is some reason why he has not been taken out. It could be that he is acting as a double-agent (as you seem to imply), but it could also be that he and his friends have found a weakness in those that are hunting him; a weakness that is important enough to justify his existence in their eyes.

Also keep in mind that it could be a huge risk for him to be killed without TPTB knowing what information he has obtained and who he has distributed this information to. Even the most intelligent, meticulous and resourceful people are prone to human error.

[edit on 21/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Well, while I understand where you're coming from I disagree in some regards.

Remember if you will, we as conspiracy theorists, are people in the know.

To some degree being due to our being seen as a "fringe element".

I do see Julian Assange as originally having good intent towards his desires.

However, his delivery leaves something to be desired, his stealing of classified documents, through a website designed for whistleblowers around the world.

Julian Assange : Wrong Political Gamble, Know When To Hold'em, Know When To Fold'em...

Come by and see my thoughts on this situation in the thread above.

Personally, I see Assange's original intent, as being high-minded and moralistic.

However, due to my opinion of hackers, and being on the receiving end of a hacker war, where sharing my opinion about them got my IP address and e-mail address posted across hacker boards and years worth of hassle, I disagree completely and have always seen cracking, criminal hacking as the same as digital rape of information through illict and illegal means.

Information is powerful and due to that it is secured at times.

Sorry, as well, I do see Wikileaks alliance with Chinese dissidents as a potential for a covert Chinese intelligence gathering operation.

Assange is a man with original moralistic intent who got caught inbetween two feuding dogs, and while he has the bone, he will get torn apart.

In the middle.

While I may or may not always agree with foreign and or domestic policy of the United States, theft, and or whistleblowing against the Government is the same as treason, sedition, and piracy in some regards.

Use the policy, procedure, and protocol, not the actual information, because that information can actually get people needlessly killed, on both sides.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He's quite brilliant.

He has a lot of brilliant people that listen and learn from him and help him, but, IMO, his star shines the brightest.

I'm not even sure exactly what you are saying, but I do know that the intelligence in his head - is real, and it is extensive, and all his.

And, he has social skills too. Imagine.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
gc.nautilus.org...

Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) is the US military and intelligence classified internet system, to which President Bush granted Britain and Australian access in July 2004.

Assange is Australian so why not get it from his home country. Also Japan, Germany ( where he lived), Iraq, Afghanistan, And recently Pakistan (Hillary gave it to them). So access to SIPRNET could of came from Germany or Australia.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And you are wrong about AES 256 - it is widely available.

Just because it is what the the NSA or whoever NORMALLY uses, that doesn't make it rare and hard to come by.

Even winzip offers an implementation of it.
www.winzip.com...

All it means, is that he used good encryption that won't be broken easily or anytime soon, unless he decides it will be.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The CIA is a pathetic trash organization that would run drugs into and out of the United States in order to subversively fund itself and allow it to conduct operations without oversight (treason).

Calling them the "greatest" intelligence organization is absurd considering such blatantly subversive activities against the interests of the United States. It is the United States interest to have full oversight over its own intelligence agency, it collects intelligence for us. Hiding activity from the people it is founded to protect and inform = #ty intelligence agency that deserves to get stomped out forever.

A US intelligence agency that serves itself instead of the People of the United States = a #ty intelligence agency that deserves to get locked down.

A US intelligence agency is responsible to protect the US and US interests, not itself and its own interests at the expense of the USA.

Their incompetence and self-serving activities are probably a significant reason why the CIA is such a failure that it couldn't stop the biggest terrorist attack in our history despite having all the pieces of the puzzle necessary to know about it.

They failed to put the pieces they had together, eg they are #.

Making excuses is just that, making excuses. Failure is failure. I don't want an "intelligence agency" that tests '___' on US citizens without their consent or knowledge AND can't even stop large scale terrorist attacks from occurring.

If "no one" can/could stop these kinds of things, why have a CIA in the first place? Pay them to say "no one could have known?" "no one could have done anything?"

Gee that sounds like a sure investment!

We don't want the CIA. We want an intelligence agency with integrity.

Cry more about being an "old" agency, I'm sure you do think you're royal blood and entitled to special treatment.

We don't need the CIA, we have other intelligence groups with more integrity and the same capabilities.

Go crash a plane with 4,000 lb of coc aine in it and have a great day CIA, you anti-American #ing traitors.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Where was the CIA when the towers got hit?

Greatest intelligence agency ever, lol.

(how the cia found out about 9/11)

"Hey guys turn on CNN"

#ing golden.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

But AES256 was chossen by NSA as the main encryyptian software. Oracle Database is used for storing SIPRNETs database along with a few others. But Oracle has there own form of encryption called the Encryption Wizard which the DOD allows because it is based on AES256 the only proplem the Encryption Wizard allows complette access to the material unencrypted to anybody who has root access to the Oracle Database. So does Oracle have a easter egg that nobody knows about?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Theft against the government is one thing, but calling whistle blowing "treason"?

Really, if you saw Obama cutting off a baby's head and then raping a woman, and then it was covered up by the Feds but you had a cell phone video and you released it, would you be committing treason?

Really?

Oh, I get it.

The CIA trafficking illegal drugs and weapons into and out of the United States to subversively fund itself without oversight from the USA = "best intelligence agency in history"

but if the government does something illegal and someone points it out that's treason.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I believe you're taking all of what I said and misrepresenting my thoughts.

...in some regards.

You read those three words at the end of the sentence about theft and whistleblowing.

Correct?

Those three words, means there is a lot more to be said, thank you very much.

And you do not know my thoughts on drugs and or the C.I.A. smuggling them.

Do you?

Baiting my reply for a reply or speaking on someting you have no clue about?

I happen to believe Government is just a organization that has a function.

It is the people within it defining policies, procedures, and protocol which are to blame.

Does that mean all are criminals?

No.

Does that means some are criminals?

Yes.

There is however a fine line between criminality and legality in regards to Government.

Some walk that line.

Some ignore that line.

Some toe the line.

Like I originally mentioned, Julian Assange, ignored that line.

While sure, I disagree with some foreign and domestic policies of America, I would not steal information which is classified, nor would I open up a website for whistleblowers, again, the information can be put out without exposing it directly, thereby potentially getting people killed.

Use the policy, procedure, and protocol of the Government itself.

Instead of acting like a thief in the night.

Bradley Manning will serve prison time unless it is found out he was coerced.

If Manning had an issue with the information coming through his hands, he had a chain of command, if the chain of command is the issue, he had other resources available to him, unless he was an idiot completely.

Julian Assange is not American and Bradely Manning violated his country.

Period.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You are not alone in your suspicion. I am also wary. In my opinion up to now nothing groundbreaking has been leaked to Wikileaks.To the majority of people, who use alternative media as primary news sources nearly all things which Wikileaks exposed were already known . The number of civilians killed by US forces is minimalized and no important personality has been compromised so far. Here are some other sources which also don't trust Assange and Wikileaks.

John Young
news.cnet.com...

Webster Tarpley

Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Wayne Madsen

Part 2

Scott Creighton
willyloman.wordpress.com... ions/
willyloman.wordpress.com... ou-have-other-options/

Michael Collins
911blogger.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I am more of a lurker and this is probably just some crazy theory. I'm definitely not an expert and I don't know everything that has to do with the Wikileaks scandal but this is just something that I've been thinking about. Before anyone asks I don't see Assange as some evil bastard. Sure I don't like how he's putting people lives in danger, were talking in the thousands, but at the same time it certainly makes for an interesting conflict.

It's not that far out there IMO mate, I think that some sections of the security services are trying to remove or destroy corruption and the current system and this could be one of those mechanisms. Assange isn't evil, I can't think of enough evidence to sway that way ATM.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It is odd that I read on this post www.abovetopsecret.com... prior to reading yours OP. As I was reading that other post CIA kept running through my head, not the Taliban!!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i agree that it is a possibility. he's almost rising to a level of celebrity in certian people's eyes.. like the average CT.

but my mind is telling me something is off here. now he is on larry king? being interviewed by CNN? I mean if TPTB wanted him out of the picture, he would not get all that attention. its as if they want to hijack the CT movement and put people like Jessee Ventura and Assange at the head of it so they can walk out of interviews, look all hard and cool, release some documents and keep public satisfied, as if someone is doing something about it. with no real accomplishments though. nothing is changing because of this. its almost like a diversion tactic to trivialize these important topics.

911 is a conspiracy? man, you watch too much tru tv(court tv whatever).. isnt that the same channel that has the ghost stories?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
how do i edit my post? anyways, no not ghost stories, its the alien stuff that comes onnere.

basically they're making all this mainstream. there's been more movies lately about illuminati, and all that ct stuff. to try to trivialize it.

i stumbled on this thread because i was using search to see if anyone thought of this conspiracy presented in the op.

something doesnt sit right with all this.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont see how the CIA, the US, or other western governments gain in any way from Assange releasing the Afghan/Iraq docs.

Now, if he had of released something that backed up the above, then yes Id be suspicous.

but my initial views, which is still believe to be true are that he is indeed genuine.

new topics

top topics

join