It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long untill ATS 2010?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are only a few months left of this year. And am still waiting for ats 2010.

i was wondering if you(admins,super mods,mods) could give us an approximate time of when it will be ready.

Or are there some big problems that you are still ironing out, and it will be ats 2011?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I wouldn't ask this question dude! I did a while back, Skeptic Overlord closed the thread and didn't allow any discussion at all!!

ATS 2010? MIA or KIA?

He supplied a link to an update, of sorts: LINK

The most significant aspect of the redesign is a transition from a old-style "Tables" layout of the core HTML to one of CSS positioning of all content. As it turns out, this is significantly harder than I originally thought as there are hundreds of "broken" thread pages for a variety of reasons... all of which are proving much harder to identify and correct than I had originally thought.

The good news... it's easily 98.5% complete (most staff are using it every day now), however, that last 1.5% is a real problem.

I guess they're just sick of us harrassing them!

Still, would be nice to be able to discuss these things, I suppose that's what ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon is for!!

All the best mate

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Or are there some big problems that you are still ironing out, and it will be ats 2011?

If that's the case I'm not liking the sound of ATS 2011. Although I think ATS TWENTY TWELVE has a nice ring to it and maybe we could spin some conspiracy off of the whole 2012 thing!

ATS TWENTY TWELVE

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't care if it never happens, in fact I've just taken it off my agenda.

I LOVE ATS the way IT IS.

It's beautiful. Why change it?

And I really don't think we should mention it anymore. Just let it go.
If it comes, okay, whatev, and if it doesn't, that suits me just fine.

It turned out to be a massive undertaking.

forgitaboutit.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The cut-over to the new site layout, design, and features will happen in two phases...

Phase one -- next week -- the "non-board" pages (home, forum summaries, hot topics, etc.) will be first to ensure there are no hiccups, especially when considering the rather drastic change of the core method for page layout.

Phase two -- 3-4 weeks later -- the board area will be updated with the new code, that has been rewritten from top-to-bottom, and in some cases, works much more efficiently.

It's a big project, on a big site, for a small staff.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Lady you said exactly what was on my mind.
I like ATS just as it is also.

The beauty of it is that it is a free service to us. It seem a bit presumptuous to question the owners about changes.

Reminds me of the time I tried to give a poor family a bushel of beans.
She asked me if they were shelled. I said no I just picked them.

She didn't want then since they weren't shelled. Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

That's a good analogy. (Haven't seen you around much lately, so hi,
)

My thing is, they have explained to us multiple times, that this endeavor turned out to be, not just a massive undertaking, but a MASSIVE undertaking. I kinda "got it" the first time it was explained.

You know they want to prevent as few kinks as possible (the way people whine) when it goes up, to minimize threads like "I tried to put something in Italics and I can't". You know those threads are inevitably coming.

Plus, I don't like adding pressure to an already frustrating, time-consuming endeavor. (OP --- Mr. Bob, this is not @ you ---- I'm just speaking my mind here. )

Okay. I'm done.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have to say it does s sound very impressive, can you tell us what changes we can expect or perhaps a pic of what the site might look like?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

I have to say it does s sound very impressive, can you tell us what changes we can expect or perhaps a pic of what the site might look like?

Check out the link in my signature for a sneak preview

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the update and all the work that's gone into it. I still like the sound of ATS Twenty twelve though.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This is a most impressive site. I am new here and intend to stay. Navigation, at least for me is a 9.

These are my hopes for the coming changes- A full tutorial map? Multi-choice similar topics in a glance? Revised reply"page"? You keep the black back ground? And last but not least! This is probably beyond my scope, but will the add from your sponsors on the right of each page will be topic sensitive?

P.S. I am always happy to see when a company's profits are being invested back into that company.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Next week !

That is so cool ! Just in time for my birthday.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Will the whole star and flag system be changed? I heard somone say that it would.

I have never known anything different from my short time on this site, but this is what i am most curious about. I am not sure how an alternative system would operate.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It's looking so cool, I just can't wait man. Job well done

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Getting fed up waiting already.

ATS 2012 then.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah !

Is it really happening ?

CX

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I thought i had just kicked in, i refreshed my page and the layout was all done out in cool colours.

Got excited foe a bit, then refreshed again and it's gone.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join