It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are religions watering down the praying process?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by slinger

Prayer is thought energy.

Really doesn't matter what method is used.

Only matters if it is positive or negative.

And this is what this thread is about, the totally false interpretation about what prayer is, And what God has said about it!!!!!!
God hears your prayers he don't feel your energy! He said I have HEARD your prayers and I am listening!

Hmmmm - - you must be the god dictator.

Peace - Love - Energy to you.

No I can read! And you are just wrong about prayer as it is in the bible, and that is what this tread is about! I may be wrong but never read about energy in the bible, or can you tell me where it is, fell free to correct me sir!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

No I can read! And you are just wrong about prayer as it is in the bible, and that is what this tread is about! I may be wrong but never read about energy in the bible, or can you tell me where it is, fell free to correct me sir!

Don't believe in bible.

I thought the thread was about the changes in praying and different ways of praying over the years.

My bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Prayer can be anything, any kind of message to God.

think of yourself as a child looking up to your father, if you want something you'll either talk to him, or cry, or simply give him a look that says it all.

Same applies with God, if you talk to him in prayer (be it in your head, or out loud) or cry for him.

I don't believe it is necessary to chant or sing, but either way it is a type of prayer so do what you will. I tend to stick to praying from the heart however, as that tends to give me more results than a ritualized prayer.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Prayers can be sung, said with crying, joy or any way that the Holy Spirit leads the person to do.

Though I would add that I am not Catholic nor would I ever like to be
We pray all at the same time I some one ask for prayer for a certain thing the preacher will lead but everyone will pray out loud.

As for some churches dumbing down the congregation yes,

not only are with prayer, but not preaching repentance on a continual basis, or not speaking out against the thing that God hates; such as

1 Cor. 6:

[8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Don't believe in bible.

I thought the thread was about the changes in praying and different ways of praying over the years.

My bad.

Then why pray? who are you praying to? Where did you hear you need to pray from then? If you pray to God where did you get the information on prayer? not stalking you just curious as to what you base prayer on?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Prayer is both individual and part of the collective consciousness of humanity. When praying, the signal is sent and received before it even emerged as a conscious thought. However, fulfillment is not always what we consciously desire, but rather what our unconscious mind (spirit, soul) requires for salvation, tranquility, balance.

The fate of humanity is not certain. It depends on our actions, both as individuals and as a collective whole. It is our free will as individuals and as a collective that will determine our fate.

When one prays, it is a communication with our own subconscious, the collective unconsciousness of humanity and God, the Universe, or whatever name you have for it.
The message is transmitted, stored and then acted on, and the thoughts or prayer is manifested in reality through our interaction with the world.
Everything we do affects everything else, and our thoughts are the universe in which everything exists.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join