It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Now We're Headed For The GREATEST Depression, Says Gerald Celente

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yhoo.it...

The fake "recovery" was nice while it lasted, says famous apocalyptic forecaster Gerald Celente, founder of the Trends Research Institute. But now the fun's over, and we're headed for what Celente describes as the "Greatest Depression."

Specifically, the always startling Celente says the country is headed for rising unemployment, poverty, and violent class warfare as the government efforts to keep the economy going begin to fail.

The crux of the problem, Celente argues, is that the middle class has been wiped out. America used to be a land of opportunity for all, where hard-working people could build their own small businesses in their own communities and live prosperous and fulfilling lives. But now a collusion of state and corporate interests that Celente describes as "fascism" have conspired to help only the biggest companies and the richest Americans. This has put a shocking amount of the country's wealth in the hands of a privileged few and left the rest of the country to subsist on chicken-feed wages and low job satisfaction as Wal-Mart "associates" -- or worse.

The answer, Celente says, is to bring back the laws that prevented huge companies from getting so big and powerful, and put some opportunity back in the hands of ordinary people. But doing that is going to take a while. And in the meantime, we're headed for trouble.

(Celente's dead right about U.S. wealth inequality, by the way. It's shocking. And it's getting worse. For a quick overview, see "15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America)

Says unemployment of 25% expected soon. Get ready for the riots!

Mainstream beginning to pay attention to the doomsday predictors.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The wording of that article was extremely prejudicial. Oh well, that's to be expected. Gerald Celente tells it like it is. Soon, you can start using your Benjamins for toilet paper. It's like when a junkie keeps taking more and more to chase that first high. They don't see the bottom coming, even though they've been falling for years.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

This Celente guy has been flapping his wings strutting in circles predicting that the sky will fall for far too long,no there wont be a great depression but there will probably be a second leg to the recession and stunted economy for 2-3 years.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

The US cannot get out of this recession because it's manufacturing base has gone to China.

Instead of printing money to keep corrupt wall street in business, the money should have been spent to educate and produce the next generation of entrepreneurs who would have produced the next technology bubble and solved all the world's energy problems and with cleaner fuel sources for all.

Instead the rich got richer, and the too big to fails got bigger.

Have a read of "The Enigma Of Capital" by David Harvey.

www.play.com...:11518|cc:|prd:12662529|cat:Books+%3E+Society+%26+Politics

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bring it on already.

I'm so sick of hearing about this global economic collapse and sick of thinking about it. I realize it is collapsing as of right now but just not hitting everywhere equally at the same time.

I drag myself out of bed every morning at 6.30am, Monday to Friday, slave away at this job earning my fake paper money that holds no real tangible value to it anymore, pay my stupid bills and rent.....

Why the @#$#@ do I even bother when it is all going to come crashing down? It's like I'm a zombie living in limbo, with no other choice but to keep being a cog for this failing system.

Well I just want some kind of watershed event to speed up the process of collapse so I can physically DEAL with it instead of buying a few packets of seeds and some baked bean tins once in a while knowing what is coming.

I just want to say screw it, I QUIT, move back to my parents home in the country and start living like it's already happened.

Only problem is when people see me and ask "Hey what are you doing with yourself lately?"

My reply: "Oh well I've quit my job in the city and moved back to the country with my folks to focus my energy and attention on preparing for the GREATEST DEPRESSION ever known by mankind. Industrialized civilization is coming to a close so I'm growing a permaculture garden and living like a bum to get into the mindset..... How about you?"

Thanks for allowing me to spew forth my rant

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wasn't this dude also saying Y2K was going to be the end of the world? Along with some dude named Gary North?

lol... yeh.. believe him. lol

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Shouldn't it be called the worst depression?

Unless during this depression people are going to get hoverbikes for free, I don't see how it can be the greatest

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Wasn't this dude also saying Y2K was going to be the end of the world? Along with some dude named Gary North?

Thats a new one on me? I'm pretty sure your getting Gerald Celente mixed up with someone else. At least as far as I know...

Besides, it isn't just Gerald warning about this collapse, there are multitudes of people. Just take a look at the current state of the global economy man, you really think things are going to be fixed and back to the levels of consumption and happiness of before?

Our entire economy is based on a system that requires infinite growth and resource consumption in order for it to work. It's a pyramid scheme. There is no such thing as infinite resources and growth, therefore our pyramid scheme global economy has hit that pyramid peak and now in the process of collapsing.

I don't need Gerald to tell me this, it just requires a little brain power to see its true

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i'd sooner listen to gerald celente than the rest of the lot.
he tells it like he sees it as far as i can discern. food for thought at least.
i've seen several vids of his and yeah- with the current trajectory
SERF CITY HERE WE COME. or
having our noses rubbed in "Austerity"
if not a real nazi clampdown.
. the G 20 traveling psy-op show
is the handwriting on the wall.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No, but he did predict back in 2000 that an attack on the US would occur, the 2008 crash, bailout & stimulus failures, failures in Afghanistan, gold prices increases, the crash of 2010, terror attacks in 2010 etc.

And that's only the recent predictions. This guy has been going since the 70's predicting stock market crashes worldwide and consequences of govt. policies that produce these trends.

I think it was Alex Jones who fantasized about y2k end of world crap.

Trend forecasters like Celente tells it how it is, and sometimes that can be difficult to hear if you still believe in the system. Academics like David Harvey say almost the same but may be easier to listen to.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i listen to the economic college professors to get the real jist of the economy. they have been studying it for years and that is their speciality.
you dont go to your account and ask whats wrong with your car?
1. brokers are going to tell you its all good(they want your business)
2. novelist are trying to sell their book
3. media will tell you what you want to hear(depending on if your conservative or liberal)
4. and govt. ......well you can figure that one out.
professors dont have a real stake in it. they crunch the numbers and the numbers dont look good. only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Haha yes, I do believe it was Alex Jones that spouted Y2K was going to doom all of us.

People need to realize Alex Jones is in the Conspiracy theory business. He makes money from researching whatever is scaring people, be it a real issue or something he can turn into a conspiracy as he so blatantly has done with Peak Oil (which incidentally is the force that is driving this collapse... among other things).

Gerald Celente is in the business of waking people up and saving lives. It is unfortunate that Celente has appeared on the Alex Jones show a number of times, but I am still grateful that he has done so. What he says no matter where he talks is the truth, and will reach more people.

Alex is just in it for the money. I hate that guy.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

The US cannot get out of this recession because it's manufacturing base has gone to China.

And even worse, the US was transformed into a service and consumer based economy. No jobs in the US means we can't buy the products we (meaning the profiteers) haphazardly outsourced to other countries. Now that China surpassed Japan to take the #2 spot in the world economy, they've set their sights on us. I'm seeing a power shift in the future. If China grabs the #1 spot on the money charts, all they need is a global military (just like the USSR did) and they will be the superpower.
Money indeed is the most powerful weapon in the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

I remember back durring all the move over seas folks were freting about it and with good reason. Zig Ziglar if I remember right was one of those saying that we would become a "service economy". Some knew then we were heading down the drain.

Thier cant be much of a service economy when nobody is spending or has to spend. Service is only as good as the push it. Service save for a small group in limited fields will follow the thing down the drain and other than that small number become a brother do you have a spare dime and I will move that rock for you deal.

Anyway like you said no large production base we start to head back to a natural condition...might as well head out to the woods and start collecting nuts.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

No jones forecast 911 before it happened and that they would blame it on Bin laden and that it would be an Inside job...
the other day the Hutaree militia were let out of their frame up
Aj forecast that was going to happen since before their arrest too...

hey, he's batting better then you are...and you're forecasting the past
LOL

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Thats a new one on me? I'm pretty sure your getting Gerald Celente mixed up with someone else. At least as far as I know...

Besides, it isn't just Gerald warning about this collapse, there are multitudes of people. Just take a look at the current state of the global economy man, you really think things are going to be fixed and back to the levels of consumption and happiness of before?

Cant see how it can. The last 20 years before the crash were based on credit and now no credit...nothing to base it on. Even the dumping of great amounts of money here and there was simply a way to let it down slowly.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well- he doesnt put vicks under his eyes to cry..so he beats beck.
as far as i hear- he's not a drug riddled sex offender like rush.
i rather like jesse venturas poking around..but i just like jesse ventura anyway.
kinda like r. lee emry. george carlin hammered it down rightly.
so all i've heard out of this guy is confirmation of my conclusions.
more so than say -louis farrakahn.
i read james knustler- the long emergency.
matt simmons-rip.
william cooper- rip.
truth is hazardous to your health.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

hey, he's batting better then you are...and you're forecasting the past

I'm not forecasting anything

I gave a list of some of Celente's predictions, which were made before they happened and were part of the Trend's Journal for that year.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Didn't AJ also predict there would be forced inoculations for swine flu and martial law?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

there were forced inoculations
and right after Obama said there wouldn't be
and you are in creeping martial law now
whats your point?

Lawsuit to Stop the Forced H1N1 vaccinations Motion for Preliminary Injunction to stop forced vaccinations, and make other helpful changes Filed in U.S.D.N.J. on July 31, 2009, Civil case #09-3803

www.scribd.com...

We have already seen these conditions met to varying degrees and at diferent times in the US..call it whatever you want it adds up to the same thing:

a nation may invoke martial law in some or all of its territory as part of the war effort. Martial law is also applied in serious cases of internal dissension; the army authorities may take over the administrative and judicial functions, and civil safeguards (e.g., habeas corpus and freedom of speech) may also be suspended.

www.encyclopedia.com...

<<   2 >>

join