It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Isolated Man on the Planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Maybe the Brazilian government could send a female agent to check him out. He might like that.

Read the Epic of Gilgamesh, that is precisely what Gilgamesh did when he sent out Shamhat to domesticate the 'wild man'. I am sure that that is a tactic that has been well used by many generations and civilisations since then.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
Can you imagine how upset he would be if he found out that he's entitled to free food given to him and a free education given to him and free healthcare given to him and free housing given to him and...

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Kaiju]

...as long as you slave your ass off for someone else for 65 years then scrape together til you die...

I'm sure he's happy enough doing his own thing

[edit on 20-8-2010 by AR154]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
brazil did a good job by respecting this mans wishes to stay on his own.
clearly he does a good job of taking care of himself despite lacking the "modern worlds" creature comfort.

my guess as to why he's alone seems tied in with the aforementioned "men with guns and chainsaws" that took the lives of other tribes....hence his distrust of other humans....they probably murdered his family.

i'd prefer to stay alone too!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Originally posted by kyred
Maybe the Brazilian government could send a female agent to check him out. He might like that.

Read the Epic of Gilgamesh, that is precisely what Gilgamesh did when he sent out Shamhat to domesticate the 'wild man'. I am sure that that is a tactic that has been well used by many generations and civilisations since then.

I just wonder how many Brazilian women would line
up for that assignment ???

Being ravaged by a wild man deep in the jungle.

I bet some would do it for FREE !!!! lol

that would be about as animal instinct as you can get

[edit on 20-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
When I read this I was overwhelmed by a strange feeling that somehow this man is incredibly important to all of us.

He lives close to the land, know's the ebb and flow of birth, life and death and of Earth and her rhythms, better than he knows his own face.

We cannot know his path to isolation, the passing away of his clan members, his loved ones, the people of his blood, those with whom he shared joy and hardships, his memories.

We don't know how many he has buried. He is probably concerned about who will bury him, carry out the clan rituals for him, that he may pass on to the afterlife of his understanding.

Perhaps he has hope that some clan member who went out into the world will return. Or perhaps he is the last of his kin and his heart is heavy as he knows, when he goes, an entire human strand, gone.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think him not being clothed is a very telling sign of just how isolated his tribe was. If he hunts game, then clothing could be made easily. So even some modesty which other "discovered" tribes have shown never existed in this mans world.

Either that or he is a Spanish nudist left behind from some long ago expedition.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow, this is awesome. Just think, little does this man even know that people are talking about him thousands of miles away and using light to communicate.

Sadly, the greedy land grabbers probably killed off his tribe and that is why he put an arrow in the chest of the last person to see him. I hope this guy has a wonderful life away from the greed and spoils that our modern world would corrupt his spirit with. This guy has my full support, though not that it's much.

I applaud Brazil for the way it is handling this, or I would like to anyway. However, I think it is completely crappy that Brazil is cutting down the rainforest.

--airspoon

[edit on 20-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does anyone have any ideas as to why he digs 5 foot deep holes inside of his huts?

To keep cool? keep away from predators?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by 90gsx]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 90gsx

maybe his toilet? maybe he stores food there cause its cooler? maybe its a well?

Hard to say but I'm going to try and see if any other tribes use the same technique. May shed some light on it

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

Found something:

The man's age and name is unknown, but he is believed to be the sole survivor of a tribe massacred by ranchers in the 1970s and 1980s. He traps animals by digging holes lined with spikes and, in the centre of his hut, he has dug a hole in which he hides when outsiders approach. The site is surrounded by cattle ranches and soy plantations.

Here's the link: Amazon's 'man of the hole' attacked by unknown gunmen

I hope he got away as the article suggests.

edit to say I'm not talking to myself
I hit the wrong quote button.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by JohnnyR]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
SURPRISE! we are the last of our species. as we know it.

hahaha

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If only all of us would learn from this one man. Reach down inside ourselves and find the TRUTH. It is merely my dream, but also my reality is a NIGHTMARE. Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE!!

PERHAPS one of our fine Bible Thumpers of the forums could go out there and drop the man off a Christian Bible and a robe to wear!!

Ya know, since according to the faith he is living in total sin by being NAKED!!

Also he is CURSED for not attending Church on Sundays as he is not singing and "praising" the invisible sky God.

And DOOMED is he for all ETERNITY IN HELL to suffer and BURN forever because he hasn't heard or ACCEPTED some guy named JESUS yet!!

In addition, he is probably SINNING by "spilling his seed in the ground" every once in a while due to lack of physical intimacy with a wife...

Come on now, go and SAVE this guy!! The rest of us could use the break from hearing about "scripture" on the forums!!!

ONE-WAY tickets can be had for a good price!!

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I bet he does his own dentistry ;o?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Killing off whole tribes for money. wow.
That guy is the only human left and he will soon go "missing".

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I applaud the Brazilian gov for enforcing their law that tribes have the ownership of their traditionally occupied lands, even it is only one man as in here. Two thumbs up for Brazilian President Lula, a very wise man, as has been shown by Lula's neutral and forthcoming attitude towards Iran

Sad though that they could not control the settlers who killed off this man's kinship. The pain he must be going through should be incredible.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I think it is completely crappy that Brazil is cutting down the rainforest.
[edit on 20-8-2010 by airspoon]

More than half of the companies that cut trees in there are merely fronts for foreign companies. And one could safely say that at least 80% of that wood goes to the US, Europe, Japan and so on so people can use them in crappy wood homes and fancy furniture.

Stop buying and doing constructions that are mainly based on noble wood and this market will cease to exist as it is now.

Latin America in general does not use wood to build homes, 90% of their homes are made by bricks and concrete. So they are hardly the top consumers of this type wood.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Is anyone interested in what he might have to say about us? You must think he is somewhat aware of us, since we destroyed his habitat, and apparently his tribe? Whats happened to his tribe?

Well, I'm sure he has very interesting things he communicate to us about ourselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Such a sad story. Sad for him, that his clan was murdered, that his village was destroyed. Who knows what depth of loneliness and sorrow he must feel.

I cannot imagine how terrifying it would have been for him to have soldiers approach him, with all their strange clothes and weird language. I don't blame him for shooting one in the chest. It would have felt so alien and threatening to him.

It's such a tragedy that this man will die alone, in his forest, taking with him goddess knows what kind of information about health and medicine from his surroundings.

We are such a cruel and greedy species.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join