It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zechariah Sitchen,Right wrong or somewhere in between

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is my first thread,think this is the right place for it. I was just curious what people on ats think about Zecharia Sitchen.I have no friends into these kind of things,and no one to discuss them with.I have read all 7 of the Earth Chronicles series and 2 of the companion books, the first 7 I have read each book twice. The Twelth Planet I read three times.Im not looking to argue about anything.I just want to know what people think about the things he says in his books.I know he may not be 100% right on everything,but he presents a lot of solid evidence to back up what he says.Please give me your opinions. Peace and love to all.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by starseed33

I love the story line about the Annunaki but wonder how much credibility to give Zechariah Sitchin. I've read that he's not really a scholar of linguistics and that his translation of the Summerian texts are not correct.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hello starseed33! Congrats on your first thread, you picked a good subject that draws lot's of mixed opinions, The Sumerians have fascinated me from the first time I heard of them, which was in an Art History class. The strongest criticism I see is that he(ZS) is the only "expert" on the translation which makes it hard to compare his take on things. Of course with something that happened so long ago, who really knows what's up. But the art and artifacts left behind are certainly intriguing. Google Sumerian Art pics and check some of that out. Their figurines have some giants among them, one relief supposedly depicts all the planets and the scale is accurate, and their is one that looks like test tubes are being used to make humans.

Here are several good threads where I think everything is covered:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...#752
www.watchvideos.com.au...

spec

[edit on 20-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

utterley wrong

a prime example is his ` linguistic gymnastics ` that leaves him with an alleged " rocket ship " made of bricks

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I enjoy his works, but I see them as modern folklore. Fiction. Very similar to Dan Brown, but he seems to genuinely think he is correct. He picks and chooses certain credible facts, adds his own flair or interpretation, and makes unsubstantiated conclusions from these.

I am not saying he is wrong, as it is impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is, but empirical evidence and modern science have yet to prove him right or back up his more outlandish claims.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A society advanced enough to genetically engineer a slave race to mine gold was not advanced enough to build robots to do the same thing???

That about sums up the pitfall of Zechariah Sitchen's work.

Similar to how David Ike shot himself in the head with the reptilian shape shifting crap.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think the man is a crack pot. I enjoy his stories for the entertainment value only.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Completely wrong and totally at odds with anyone who genuinely researches these ancient cultures.

Even worse, his pseudoscientific nonsense pollutes otherwise intelligent minds.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
He makes his claims look plausible by showing you only PART of the object... and by trimming out the script/writing associated with it. When I was in my teens, I thought that the "Ancient Astronaut" (Pacal) was excellent. Then someone showed me the complete image of the tomb lid and pointed out the writing on it and challenged me to look it up.

Then I looked up other things and found the rest of his research equally bad. His "3600 year" catastrophe cycle isn't right, either -- many civilizations were writing back then and didn't record any disasters.

I read the Sumerian books in several translations before his reworked Annunanki material came out, and my already bad opinion became even worse. If you look at the archaeology and paleontology, then he appears to be a complete fraud.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If you look at the archaeology and paleontology, then he appears to be a complete fraud.

NOOOOO! Don't tell me that! I love reading ancient summerian info and thought I found a gold mine with this fella. His books are still on my bedstand. Crap on toast .. now I have to find a new author to intrigue me. Guess I'll have to go back to Kim Harrison for a while until something great comes up.

Any alternative suggestions to Zechariah Sitchen??

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

We can do genetic engineering now,but we dont have robots working in mines for us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Really thought I would get more positive replys. Seems theres not too many Sitchen fans on ats.Thanks to all that have commented so far.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would have to say not to listen to everyone on here. As you can see they are extremeely bias and do not focus on the evidence, the history and the logic behind the Ancient Alien theory. I bet some of them are Christian and fully believe in the Judeo-Christian bible.

Well what did they think was meant by beings coming to Earth from somwhere else?

How do they explain the fact that humans have 3% primate DNA and 97% 'missing link' DNA?

I ignore these kinds of responses because in my opinion they hate the fact that the Ancient Alien theory messes up their Christian 'Wonderland' theory or their 'Atheist-Evolutionary theory'....

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I for one do believe in Sitchen's work. I don't fully believe in it but I do think that that the majority is correct. I think its around 78/22 for correctness. I think what sold me is that if you look at a lot of civilizations throughout this world that have not have contact with the current world all seem to have similar accounts of how the world was created. They all seem to focus on the same star systems. I don't think this is coincidence. Even the Terra Papers resemble Sitchen's work.

I am Christian but I have always had interest in this information. What I noticed is that each day these so called theories are coming closer to being true. Sad as I type this I am watching the movie/documentary Bloodline.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My dear friend,

Originally posted by FlyersFan
NOOOOO! Don't tell me that! I love reading ancient summerian info and thought I found a gold mine with this fella. His books are still on my bedstand. Crap on toast .. now I have to find a new author to intrigue me. Guess I'll have to go back to Kim Harrison for a while until something great comes up.

Any alternative suggestions to Zechariah Sitchen??

Not to be downhearted by the negative, keep believing in that you believe

It must be known my friends, that ZS is not and was not the first to decipher the summerian tablets >

Credit for being first to scientifically treat a bilingual Sumerian-Akkadian text belongs to Paul Haupt (1858–1926), who published Die sumerischen Familiengesetze (The Sumerian family laws) in 1879

Ernest de Sarzec (1832–1901) began excavating the Sumerian site of Tello (ancient Ngirsu, capital of the state of Lagash) in 1877, and published the first part of Découvertes en Chaldée with transcriptions of Sumerian tablets in 1884. The University of Pennsylvania began excavating Sumerian Nippur in 1888

A Classified List of Sumerian Ideographs by R. Brünnow appeared in 1889

Landsberger worked to publish important bilingual Sumerian-Akkadian lexical tablets from the Old Babylonian period, which have greatly helped our knowledge of Sumerian vocabulary. Kramer and Thorkild Jacobsen both increased our understanding of Sumerian by publishing and translating Sumerian literary texts.

en.wikipedia.org...

Be safe and be well,

Spiro

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

If we only have 3% primate DNA, why do we share 99% of our DNA with our closest ancestor, the chimpanzee? There is absolutely no anomalies in our DNA that would suggest that it didn't evolve naturally.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In between. I think he's generally on to something, and is not a hoaxer, and probably gets some things right, but his status as an academic is questionable.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Saigon1914

I agree with you, but I would say closer to 85/15. There are also too many ancient civilizations that said they were helped by people who came from the sky for it to be coincedence.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

He never said anything about rocket ships made of bricks. If you look at some of the drawings on tablets and seals, they look a lot like our space capsules. And some look like people dressed for some kind of flight.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you are familiar with ZS then you really should read the old testament. If that is too tall an order then at least read the first few pages of deuteromony. The cross referencing ZS does with that book is mind blowing.

I've never actually read the OT in detail till just recently, and now it looks to me like there are more aliens, giants, and strange creatures in the bible than in his books.

In the end though, I think ZS and people like him (cough.....dan brown) found a certian truth in their research, then proceeded to twist the story in order to mislead their readers of the real stories and "truths".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join