It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And evil exists because evil-people PREVENT good men (and women) from doing anything

For example, a thread drawing people's attention to the incredible control exerted over the US by jews ---- was removed

However -- at the same time -- a thread screaming about Roman Catholic paedophile priests is allowed to run

even though, as a wise poster pointed out, being a priest is a profession, just like accountants, presidents, fishermen

Do we see calls for the dissolution of the fishing industry when a fisherman is charged with paeophilia ? Do we see cries for the dissolution of the presidency because a president enjoy bj's in his office ? Do we see demands for the end to all astronauts because an astronaut donned diapers in order to drive accross the nation to attack someone ?

Be interesting to see what the mods would do to any thread about paedophile rabbi scandals, wouldn't it ? How long would such a thread remain in view ?

Yet those same mods who delete any reference to jews are perfectly content to see Christianity attacked hundreds of times each day

So it's not a case of 'good men doing nothing' ... is it ?

The good guys try

The bad guys silence them and close them down

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

A law of nature is at work here. Evil is not destructive to the good alone but inevitably destroys itself as well. For evil, which lives solely by negation, cannot continue to exist on its own strength alone. The inferior man himself fares best when held under control by a superior man.

The dark power at first held so high a place that it could wound all who were on the side of good and of the light. But in the end it perishes of its own darkness, for evil must itself fall at the very moment when it has wholly overcome the good, and thus consumed the energy to which it owed its duration.

I love that.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Although I have read a lot of anti Jewish thread in this forum, I don't know which one you are speaking of,

[edit on 013131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-8-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Most know the quote,"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

Which is more evil, the evil men that exist in the world or the good men that sit idly by and watch ?

Or the men that make excuses for the evil that exist in the world.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Logic would to me dictate that the evil acts performed by evil men is the critical initiator. Without this there would be no denial of evil or ignoring of evil.

However what gets my goat is those who justify the evil that men do or choose to ignore it whilst pursuing more trivial acts of evil to the nth degree.

We can all disagree over what is evil. What was the purpose of the quote? To me it was always a rallying cry to act.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

“Traveling through the world produces a marvelous clarity in the judgment of men. We are all of us confined and enclosed within ourselves, and see no farther than the end of our nose. This great world is a mirror where we must see ourselves in order to know ourselves. There are so many different tempers, so many different points of view, judgments, opinions, laws and customs to teach us to judge wisely on our own, and to teach our judgment to recognize its imperfection and natural weakness.”

Michel de Montaigne quotes

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be,

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Evil exists because there are evil people and people who take part in evil acts. Although the above saying is stated commonly, I believe it is just an excuse to "blame somebody else" and point the finger at somebody you are craving to judge. People speaking out and acting against evil might decrease the amount of evil, but it does not prevent evil from existing.

More importantly, one person's failure to act is not the cause or reason for another person's own volition to take part in evil behaviour.

edit on 11/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Humanity has been nothing less than a simple glimpse or a farse of Good v.s. Evil. But who decides the Evil? Humanity has been here on Earth since there was Evil, we created Evil. We look down on people do to class systems. We rape and kill with our words because we have nothing else. We sit by and watch, which is exactly the point of reason, there is no Good if we do not know our own Evils'. We control eachother do to our lack of knowledge. We know nothing of what is reality, because we make our own and then make law to force the Good. Evil? Good? We know there is balance but are we balancing.

Evil is like a shadow - it has no real substance of its own, it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear by trying to fight it, stamp on it, by railing against it, or any other form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it. Shakti Gawain, teacher and author
(1948- )

But what is the shadow? Where is the light? We are lackful of all the entities to know the real Evil, so we say nothing and do nothing or read books of lies and misinterpitaions.

A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it. William Penn, Quaker, founder of Pennsylvania
(1644-1718)

This the Quaker who "Found Pensylvania" only determined the Good by personal gain. Taking advantage of Tribes who had no knowledge of the purpose to "OWN" land or anything by any owning value. He called and deamed his own good by collecting and keeping peace for his own gain in resource. Is this what good is? One would find it Evil, but to those whom gained from his efforts remain and called him a lord to the land of which he was claimed to have "FOUND". I would rather be in the Evil if it is Good. Those whom stay idle I find more peasing, because they worry about nothing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I assume that you are one of the "good" men/women.

What are you doing that is good, honorable; fighting evil, corruption and dishonesty?

I know the question is bound to arise; "well olaru12, what are you doing to promote good and help others?"

answer.......I fight the evil of poverty....whenever I encounter homeless folks; I give them money. I have been blessed and there but for the grace of God go I....

I don't even particularly consider myself one of the "good" guys...........just lucky!

edit on 19-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's too complex an issue for just a simple yes that's true or no, definitely not.

Every case will be different...every situation have a different reason, outcome, consequences.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I think my sig covers everything I want to say in this thread.
SnF OP !

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Oh I am no more god than evil. I the same help out the poor, but just saying humanity all does things for their own bennifit. When I help out I personally do not gloat from my doings, but I feel better myself. Is this good or should I feel nothing when helping just do it?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

First thing is you changed the wording of the quote.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edmund Burke 1770

As you can see the quote was meant to say that to DEFEAT evil, good men must act. It does not mean evil exist because good men do nothing, you changed the words and changed the whole meaning of the quote.

Now to your other point as to WHY evil exist. Evil exist because we humans define acts and people as evil, therefore it IS. If no one ever called anything or anyone evil, then evil wouldn't be. One person's evil act is the heroic act to another. The two examples that were mentioned earlier in the thread were God and Satan. One is labeled evil by the followers of the other so I put it to you, who's evil? according to whom? The winners write history.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Have we agreed on an example of "evil" here ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I haven't had the time to read every response, but I believe the answer to your question depends on the region where these men come from. I know that in the U.S. they have done studies (I was personally apart of this study in one of my college classes last semester) that show most people from the Midwestern (or NorthEast, whatever you want to classify Michigan as) part of the country react to a situation that doesn't affect them by turning the other cheek. They feel that if the problem doesn't affect them they should stay out of it.
While, the study shows that people from the South think if you stand there and do nothing when you see a problem then you are just as guilty as someone who caused the problem and that you shold always fight for what is morally right. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they said about people on the East/West side people of the country.

Of course, these facts don't all fit together since some people in the North may have came from the South, or raised on Southern morals so they see things differently (and visa versa) OVERALL the point i'm trying to make is that determining who is more evil ultimately depends on the situation at hand and where you come from.

Everyone has a different view on things so it's an impossible question to answer...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If using the bible as part of an example of man's evil, God's evil, Satan's evil, whatever, evil was around long before man existed. There are evil animals and evil bees. Evil is, was, and always will be as long as there is a creature/being alive to exercize options in life and another creature/being alive to see it as such.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Is military evil?

good men pay for the military to be in existence?

stormdancer.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Good and evil are subjective terms. Many in the west think its good to spread democracy around the world, but if it comes at the end of a barrel of a gun , is that good or evil?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
edit on 21-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onandawaabandaan
reply to post by olaru12

Oh I am no more god than evil. I the same help out the poor, but just saying humanity all does things for their own bennifit. When I help out I personally do not gloat from my doings, but I feel better myself. Is this good or should I feel nothing when helping just do it?

Any act of kindness or generosity is intrinsically good and how you feel about yourself doesn't affect the deed.

Just be proud that you make an effort to be "good".........

Being mean spirited and petty can make you sick, both in mind and body. Who needs that?
edit on 21-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join