It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Lets the Mormon Out While Talking About Native Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Do you have a source for the claims your making? I see the ones that you are slamming have sources listed, so.....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Are you aware of something called fractions?
Just asking.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seth that was very enlightening...
Using the stable DNA of that type of disease was a very interesting way of tracking the migration.
Those being western tribes of which the study speaks..the results are slightly different for us easterners.
We had fold backs from the orientals involved with the mound builders and the europeans that contacted the coastal tribes throughout the time period of the last 2000 years.
Vikings Irish Welsh and way way back the Vericocha

At the times mentioned there was a migration up the Danube and through Northern Europe from the areas of what is now known as the cradle of civilization.
This coinsides with the migration west, which ended up going the siberian route.
The linguists have confirmed this by the spread of the linguistics.
There are also similarities in canoe/ kayak construction and tool making.

check this out:

The Hopi believe the Creator of Man is a woman. The Sumerians believed the Creator of Man was a woman.
The Hopi believe the Father Creator is KA. The Sumerians believed the Father Essence was KA.
The Hopi believe Taiowa, the Sun God, is the Creator of the Earth. The Sumerians believe TA.EA was the Creator.
The Hopi believe two brothers had guardianship of the Earth. The Sumerians believed two brothers had dominion over the Earth.
The Hopi believe Alo to be spiritual guides. The Sumerians believed AL.U to be beings of Heaven.
The Hopi believe Kachinas (Kat'sinas) are the spirits of nature and the messengers and teachers sent by the Great Spirit. The Sumerians believed KAT.SI.NA were righteous ones sent of God.
The Hopi believe Eototo is the Father of Katsinas. The Sumerians believed EA.TA was the Father of all beings.
The Hopi believe Chakwaina is the Chief of Warriors. The Sumerians believed TAK.AN.U was the Heavenly Destroyer.
The Hopi believe Nan-ga-Sohu is the Chasing Star Katsina. The Sumerians believed NIN.GIR.SU to be the Master of Starships.
The Hopi believe Akush to be the Dawn Katsina. The Sumerians believed AK.U to be Beings of light.
The Hopi believe Danik to be Guardians in the Clouds. The Sumerians believed DAK.AN to be Sky Warriors.
The Hopi believe Sotunangu is a Sky Katsina. The Sumerians believed TAK.AN.IKU were Sky Warriors.
The Hopi name for the Pleaides is ChooChookam. The Sumerians believed SHU. SHU.KHEM were the supreme Stars.
The Hopi believe Tapuat is the name of Earth. The Sumerians believed Tiamat was the name of Earth.
The Hopi call a snake Chu'a. The Sumerians called a snake SHU.
The Hopi word for "dead" is Mokee. The Sumerians used KI. MAH to mean "dead."
The Hopi use Omiq to mean above, up. The Sumerians used AM.IK to mean looking to Heaven.
The Hopi believe Tuawta is One Who Sees Magic. The Sumerians believed TUAT.U was One from the Other World.
The Hopi believe Pahana was the Lost Brother who would one day return to assist the Hopi and humankind. The Sumerians would recognize PA.HA.NA as an Ancestor from heaven who would return.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think as long as people take Beck as a form of entertainment and not news they are fine. As for the Native Americans being a lost tribe of Israelites? Well lets just let those who base such ideas on faith believe as they wish. As we often in any relgiion, faith and reality do not have to match. I have read that they have found anciet fecies over 14 thousand years ago that has genetic links between asia and native americans Oregon. This is about 1000 years earlier then thought. It is also now suggested that some of the earliest native people may have made the trip by boat as well as the land bridge from Asia.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Also you have whites pretending ..

you could have stopped right there Wise. i still would have given you a star for that post.

although i am not a fan of Glenn Beck's ideologies or agenda, he can be informative.

thanks for sharing that post,
et

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Star and Flag OP !

Interesting post, and as a Native American, I am glad to see Glenn Beck mentioning this.

I do like his message in that we all need to come together for as William Penn had said...

"There are Good People and There are Bad People amongst ALL People"

I find this very interesting and I feel that these artifacts and their influence on the Native Americans might have more to do with the Atlanteans or the Norsemen who visited North America long before Columbus did.

But on the other hand, and looking at my heritage.
But Not to dispute the landbridge ideology but I am Choctaw and Cree Indian heritage from my two grandparents on my Mother's side.

The Cree were living on the Pennsylvania border side of southern Ohio, which is where I was born, learned to ride horses and where some of my relatives still reside.

The Choctaw side of my family originate from the SouthEast ending up on a reservation in Oklahoma. Later walking out on foot, from the Res, to East Texas to get work as lumberjacks which is where my Grandfather is from. Palestine TX, near the OK border.
Also major Bigfoot Country !!!

So anyway, when I was born, My mom talks about this birthmark I had on my lower back, kind of a blue looking bruise. Doctor told her not to worry and it went away.

Much later in life, a friend of ours who was Japanese, married to an American serviceman friend of ours, Told my mom after my Mom had noticed a similar birthmark on her Japanese friend's baby, that all Asian babies have this birthmark for the first couple of months after birth.

I also have a friend who is of Swedish descent intermarried with a Korean. Her babies also had this birthmark as I had.

Also, in looking at Yo Yo Ma, Merril Streep and Eva Langoria, on a PBS special about heritage and geneology. Yo Yo Ma and Eva actually shared a common descendant based upon their DNA, from way back.

How ?

This apparently is where the landbridge or some sort of Asian connection comes in.

Eva Longoria being Mexican American, which in essence is Spanish and Native American as well as in her case 3% African are what Mexicans actually are. Yes, there were Africans brought to Mexico as well though not widely disclosed.

So my birthmark and my Native heritage ties me back to Asia as well as Eva Longoria's.

But the DNA really shows who we actually are descended from !
Because the DNA doesn't lie.

In my best rendition of Elvis Presley, who was part Cherokee.

"Thank ya very Much!"

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
fox news serves an agenda. period.
they even alter their film, to project what they want you to know:
www.youtube.com...

one of jon stewart's spoof of glenn beck:
www.youtube.com...

be informed, please.

thanks,
et

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
While I do NOT subscribe to the Mormon faith, I have read the Book of Mormon and it is plausible to a degree that Hebrews escaped invasion by sailing west and landed on the east coast of N America.

It is also interesting that the Chrokee were and are monotheistic and call their god Yawa...bastardization of Yaweh?

Further, Hebrew markings have been found in caves in Georgia and Kentucky from a pre columbus period.

Have you ever read the writings and theories of Dr. Barry Fell? He did a very indepth and provocative study of the "Lost Tribes" of Israel... one or two of which may have migrated to America to escape the Assyrrians circa 58oBC. The rest were exiled to assyrria and escaped when it fell to the persian/medes and they migrated north and west into Europe...aka...tribe of Dan...Danes....Judes... Jutes..... Issakesinni( House of Issac)....Sakesinni...Saxony...Saxons?

Stranger things have happened?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

He is promoting all religions. He is a Mormon but he has said that is because his family visited a lot of churches and that is the one he felt welcome at. There are 2 groups of Mormons, modernist reject the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. The other is the fundamentalists. He is in the first group.

Also a friend of mine and I were discussing this and he went to a Mormon Chat Board to find out about them. He was asked via chat (WWW.LDS.NET) what brought him to them he answered Glenn Beck, they had no idea who he was.

The whole Native American thing predates Mormonism. Our founding fathers believed this also. Please do your home work before spreading misinfo. They have relics at the Smithsonian that are written in Hebrew from Native Americans. Search for the Los Lucos stone in New Mexico.

Glenn Beck is a good guy. There is a small group of people with money connected to Obama that are out to ruin him. Sad but I guess people would rather believe lies than the truth or are to lazy to find the truth. He says on EVERY show "don't take my word for it research it yourself."

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

In the process of doing as you suggested I did research the Los Lunas stone and, apologetically, still find the evidence wanting.

The first recorded mention of the stone is in 1933, when professor Frank Hibben, an archaeologist from the University of New Mexico, saw it. Hibben was led to the stone by an unnamed guide who claimed to have found it as a boy in the 1880s. The 1880s date of discovery is important to those who believe that the stone was inscribed by a lost tribe of Israel. The Paleo-Hebrew script is practically identical to the Phoenician script, which was known at the time, thus not precluding the possibility of fraud.

One argument against the stone's antiquity is its apparent use of modern Hebrew punctuation, though amateur epigrapher Barry Fell argued that the punctuation is consistent with antiquity.[1] Other researchers dismiss the inscription based on the numerous stylistic and grammatical errors that appear in the inscription.

Most modern scholars question much of Hibben's research today because of his work with alleged pre-Clovis sites. In at least two separate incidents, Hibbens fabricated some or all of his archaeological data to support his pre-Clovis migration theory. [2][3] These missteps call the rest of his work into question, and, for many, undermine the validity of his claims about the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone.[4]

Most modern scholars question much of Hibben's research today because of his work with alleged pre-Clovis sites. In at least two separate incidents, Hibbens fabricated some or all of his archaeological data to support his pre-Clovis migration theory. [2][3] These missteps call the rest of his work into question, and, for many, undermine the validity of his claims about the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone.[4]

Source

To be clear, other than a joke at the beginning of this post, I do not have any great dislike of Glenn Beck.

I do, however, have a great respect for facts. And the facts continue to persuade me to disbelieve the Hebrew/Native American connections implied and passionately defended here.

The only rationally undisputed traceable evidence so far, in my estimation remains the DNA and mitochondrial studies.

More on Barry Fell from Badarcheology.net

[edit on 8/21/10 by Hefficide]

[edit on 8/21/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the reply, I have to run some errands right now but will look into it later. Thanks for the correction of my spelling (really)
I did have time to look at this sight www.econ.ohio-state.edu... This sight claims the stone to be quite old. I did see at the bottom of the essay that Pummer (translator) doesn't believe the text is Samaritan because of a difference in wording of the original text as opposed to the stone itself but does acknowledge that it does follow standard Jewish writings.

Prof. James D. Tabor of the Dept. of Religious Studies, University of North Carolina thought:
"At present the inscription itself is badly chalked and scrubbed up. However, Moorehouse compares the surviving weathering on the inscription to that on a nearby modern graffito dating itself to 1930. He concludes that the Decalogue inscription is clearly many times older than this graffito, and that 500 to 2000 years would not be an unreasonable estimate of its age"

I actually had never heard of any of this until his show last week. Say what you will Glenn Beck is a great teacher.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by tspark]

[edit on 21-8-2010 by tspark]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Wise Man

Wait a sec. On both sides of my family the family comes over from Spain.
On my mothers side from spain to colombia.
On my fathers side Spain to costa rica.

Are you saying european spanish people are isrialites too?

btw. the post above about there is like no european blood in the indigenous indians of the americas kind of blows your statement out of the water.

Please tell me you know the difference between Spaniards and Native Latinos? You do know there were Native people living all though out central and south America, including the Caribbean BEFORE white people, those are all Israelites from the 9 Tribes that left.

The pictures I posted on first page, the ones doing the killing are Spaniards, white people aka Edomites. Spot the difference between them and the people getting chopped up, who are Central and South Americans, Israelites.

Also what does Indians not having European blood have anything to do with anything? I`m not sure why that was posted.
I never claimed Natives were European.

People are messed up.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Wise Man]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Wise Man]

Wise man, with all due respect, and I do respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it, there is no such thing as "native Latino" unless you are referring to modern times. In my opinion and from what I have read, they are call Native American or Amerindians, the natives from the America not Americas how is called today and how the US is called the only America disregarding Mexicans, Canadians as north Americans too. The natives from the Caribbean were called Tainos and Caribs, specially those from the Dom. Rep. (Where I'm from) Puerto Rico and Cuba. The natives from all the "Americas" have their own names like the Hopis, Mayan, Aztec and so on.

Latino or Hispanic are referred to people that speak Spanish an live in America or the Caribbean. That's the reason why Haitians are not called Hispanics or Latinos even though they share the Island of the Hispaniola (only Dominicans should be called Hispanic because, despite the original name for the island was Quisqueya, the Spaniard called it La Hispaniola in honor to Spain) but they don't speak Spanish; The same goes for Brazilians.

It's funny how Spaniards are called Europeans but not Latinos or Hispanics and People from the "Americas" are called Latinos or Hispanic and no Americans except for the People from the U.S.

If you ask me if I am Latino or Hispanic I would tell you that I am Dominican. Now, "Latinos" being descendant from Israelite is something that I would have to investigate in depth.

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
reply to post by Wise Man

oh, well then. That certainly makes this interesting:
www.pnas.org...

Your nonsense pseudo-history doesn't stand up to things like "reality" and "facts."

Excuse me Mr.Baphomet, you know very well that you can`t read the very link you posted.

Projecting your own willful ignorance onto someone else isn't very wise, Wise Man.

A significant portion of people, globally, excrete a particular virus in their urine. There's a connection between specific genetic variants of the virus and the host's region of origin. When you analyze the virus found in the urine of two native North American groups, they match the one found in northeast Asia.

I'll wait while you piece together a reply that it's either a conspiracy by the white man, that Native Americans colonized northeast Asia, or that the Japanese are also Israelites. Or all three. That would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

The japanese are israelites? Oddly enough, there is a theory that a certain group of japanese in a remote part of the japanese Islands are indeed descended from one of the lost tribes...the culture, the symbols used, ... frankly, I find it fascinating if untrue at best, BUT, there is a theory based on circumstantial evidence that that is indeed the case....

If I weren't so tired, and had more motivation...I would look it up and give you the link, but you can do that with a simple Google search... so there.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There, I just went there...

www.biblemysteries.com

the shinto shrine is set up like the Solomon's Temple

the star of David is used at the entrance to the national shinto shrine

the shinto celebrate a re-enactment of Abraham's sacrifice of Issac to God

and so on....pretty cool huh?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a devout Mormon that I believe may be attempting to force Mormon beliefs onto his audience while forcing an early Mormon prophecy about the end times in order to fulfill what he believes is his role to play in it all.

See this previous thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
There, I just went there...

www.biblemysteries.com

the shinto shrine is set up like the Solomon's Temple

the star of David is used at the entrance to the national shinto shrine

the shinto celebrate a re-enactment of Abraham's sacrifice of Issac to God

and so on....pretty cool huh?

Very interesting! I actually found similar info mirrored on another site. Definitely some parallels to be found, but I don't know that it constitutes a derivation of Shinto from Judaism. I fully believe that it's possible that some early Jews travelled throughout the world and left signs of influence. But to go so far as to say that the Japanese or the Native Americans or the Nasranis are, in a literal sense, the lost tribes is a huge stretch.

Looking back on the genetic evidence presented earlier, it would follow that the same phenotype would be observed in the Middle East, Africa, and Western Asia i.e. to where the other lost tribes had migrated. But this isn't the case. They've observed that the divergence in phenotypes occurred 50-100k years ago. So either our timeline for this original diaspora is way off or those groups simply aren't of Jewish origin.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I honestly cannot believe this stupidity.

Native Americans are Israelites.....i think people have watched a little too much blazing saddles.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone

Wise man, with all due respect, and I do respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it, there is no such thing as "native Latino" unless you are referring to modern times. In my opinion and from what I have read, they are call Native American or Amerindians, the natives from the America not Americas how is called today and how the US is called the only America disregarding Mexicans, Canadians as north Americans too. The natives from the Caribbean were called Tainos and Caribs, specially those from the Dom. Rep. (Where I'm from) Puerto Rico and Cuba. The natives from all the "Americas" have their own names like the Hopis, Mayan, Aztec and so on.

Latino or Hispanic are referred to people that speak Spanish an live in America or the Caribbean. That's the reason why Haitians are not called Hispanics or Latinos even though they share the Island of the Hispaniola (only Dominicans should be called Hispanic because, despite the original name for the island was Quisqueya, the Spaniard called it La Hispaniola in honor to Spain) but they don't speak Spanish; The same goes for Brazilians.

It's funny how Spaniards are called Europeans but not Latinos or Hispanics and People from the "Americas" are called Latinos or Hispanic and no Americans except for the People from the U.S.

If you ask me if I am Latino or Hispanic I would tell you that I am Dominican. Now, "Latinos" being descendant from Israelite is something that I would have to investigate in depth.

Thank you!

Agreed with what you said, I already know about all that. I was putting it in simple terms for that guy.
I know all the labels they choose to give the people.
Native means Savage, America is the name of some homo white guy by the name of Amerigo Vespucci.
There not Savages and they don't descend from Amerigo.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
To all the illiterate claiming it's a Mormon scripture.

Pick up a regular KJV Bible 1611. www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282447462&sr=8-1

2 Esdras Chapter 13

41 But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt,
That they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land.
And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow places of the river.
For the most High then shewed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over.
For through that country there was a great way to go, namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth.
Then dwelt they there until the latter time; and now when they shall begin to come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join